The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In one of the recent radio interviews Edward said that the previous night he had just finished Waterline's font, so it seems so :cool:
    I like the artwork but I wish it was a new picture.

About the charts, downloads count for the singles charts (iTunes between them).
    http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=365&s=1111
    http://www.irishcharts.ie/combined_chart/combined_chart.htm
    So we could see Waterline next week in the Irish iTunes charts, the downloads charts and the official singles charts.

In some countries like South Korea, the downloads count less than the physical albums/singles and they have a kind of scoring system, giving more points to the physical sales.

BIB - that was my only complaint too. Other than not understanding what lightening bolts had to do with Waterline. I'm now taking it metaphorically to signify being struck by lightening and falling in love. :p
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Yes that's making me a bit nervous too. :p

And me..I think I am driving hubby mad keep asking him about bookies odds, what they mean and how much of a dead cert they are... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    And me..I think I am driving hubby mad keep asking him about bookies odds, what they mean and how much of a dead cert they are... :o

Did you see that tweet that suggested calls from UK to NI are a £1? Hope we've saved enough!
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://t.co/Ad294DvH The Star 21/2/12 Jedward call in Bono's voice coach
    http://t.co/8YNhrGBs The Mirror 21/2/12 Sick Singer gives twins a Jedache
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »

Something else to increase the number of collywobbles.

They used Tine last year didn't they - so that's nothing new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you see that tweet that suggested calls from UK to NI are a £1? Hope we've saved enough!

OMG! I won't tell him that until after Eurosong..as far as he is concerned...its 10p.. ;) I need to vote loads for my sanity...I can worry about the bill afterwards :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor Melanie is too ill to join Jedward on Eurosong spectacular
    Claire Molloy, who performed with the pop twins during their successfully panto Jedward And The Beanstalk, has been drafted in to replace Melanie.

A spokesperson for the quirky boys admitted: "We've changed all the rehearsals as Claire isn't even here yet but all will come into place."
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I voted last year, I'm sure it didn't cost £1 a call....it's to Ireland anyway isn't it, not NI?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Calls from Northern Ireland (and the rest of the UK) were 60p last year.....I wouldn't expect them to be any more expensive this year :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »

At least the fact that Melanie pulled out so early gives them time to get some decent rehearsal time in with Clare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Calls from Northern Ireland (and the rest of the UK) were 60p last year.....I wouldn't expect them to be any more expensive this year :)

Could we vote by text last year? I can't remember now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Could we vote by text last year? I can't remember now.

You could indeed : calls were accepted by text and landline to the NI numbers :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could indeed : calls were accepted by text and landline to the NI numbers :)

Thanks ES :)
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://t.co/GRSHSZ3A some nice comments would be good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the Irish and UK fans will do a great job voting for the twins on Friday. We've learnt from CBB disappointment and won't assume they got it. They fanbase is big and I expect a massive vote.
    My only concern is the jury vote, we all love Waterline and the critics have been nice so far, but I'm not 100% confident
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the Irish and UK fans will do a great job voting for the twins on Friday. We've learnt from CBB disappointment and won't assume they got it. They fanbase is big and I expect a massive vote.
    My only concern is the jury vote, we all love Waterline and the critics have been nice so far, but I'm not 100% confident

I think the twins would have to finish third or lower in the jury vote to lose Eurosong. Not an impossibility but it seems unlikely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering, has anyone informed the MF about Waterline? I'd love to hear some very harsh critics opinion on it.
    I'm too scared to do it though :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby Katy wrote: »
    Just wondering, has anyone informed the MF about Waterline? I'd love to hear some very harsh critics opinion on it.

It's already been discussed in the Eurovision 2012 forum Katy (you'll find that in the TV shows UK section) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are a couple of Jedward threads on the Eurovision 2012 sub-forum, some people (non-fans) are favourable, others are not, as you would imagine, nothing too obnoxious as yet though :) nothing to be scared of, all us lot on here are posting there as well as others who are fans but don't often post here, come and join in - we need all the support we can get! surprisingly enough, people over there are saying they always liked Lipstick - but that wasn't what they were saying this time last year! :confused: #goodmemory
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you mean the main X Factor forum? I'm a bit reluctant to start a thread on there as I don't actually watch the show..so don't feel qualified..but I agree it would be interesting to hear what they have to say about it :)

I've been over to the Euro Forum ..its not been too badly recieved ..even the "anti Jedward" thread :rolleyes: isnt really that hateful..I've seen worse :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or do you mean the music forum? There was a thread over there a few days ago which was surprisingly positive! http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1627922&highlight=jedward
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's already been discussed in the Eurovision 2012 forum Katy (you'll find that in the TV shows UK section) :)

Thank you! I couldn't find the Eurovision forums, never though of looking in the TV Shows UK section :o
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    There are a couple of Jedward threads on the Eurovision 2012 sub-forum, some people (non-fans) are favourable, others are not, as you would imagine, nothing too obnoxious as yet though :) nothing to be scared of, all us lot on here are posting there as well as others who are fans but don't often post here, come and join in - we need all the support we can get! surprisingly enough, people over there are saying they always liked Lipstick - but that wasn't what they were saying this time last year! :confused: #goodmemory

I didn't visit the Eurovision forum last year, good thing too! I remember a couple of people on here saying that it was way worse than the Big Brother forums, and that Big Brother forum almost made me want to scream :eek:
    Hmm, people seem to have been for Jed-friendly the past couple of months. Maybe they're after realising how great they are? :p
    rosemary wrote: »
    Did you mean the main X Factor forum? I'm a bit reluctant to start a thread on there as I don't actually watch the show..so don't feel qualified..but I agree it would be interesting to hear what they have to say about it :)

I've been over to the Euro Forum ..its not been too badly recieved ..even the "anti Jedward" thread :rolleyes: isnt really that hateful..I've seen worse :)

I've enjoyed reading the main X Factor forum, but posting? Not so much.
    "anti Jedward thread"? :eek: That's a very .. weird thread to be posting in. But oh well, nothing we can do about that!
    no1clothes wrote: »
    Or do you mean the music forum? There was a thread over there a few days ago which was surprisingly positive! http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1627922&highlight=jedward

Thanks for posting the link! It's still weird seeing mainly positive comments on something to do with the twins. I'm still so used to seeing the usual comments that have been around for the past two and a half years now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay... I have had a bit of space to digest & now comment on the Jedward's Big Adventures series... my initial response was positive and, overall, this impression remains.

That said, there seems to be quite an unfortunate shift in the direction of the production after the first show... and the overall series suffers from this.

The initial show had the pseudo Terry Gilliam animations which, while brutal and gruesome (which 10-yr-old's find hilarious, for some unexplained, lord of the flies type reason) the remainder of the series did not.

I am not sure what happened... a 'holy shit! this is too brutal' moment between the 1st and the 2nd? Budgeting cut-backs?... perhaps.

Look, we all understand that animation is extremely time-consuming and therefore, consequently, expensive, yet the return capital is always immense. Try explaining this to sponsors... they just don't 'get it'... and that is the conundrum...

Whatever the reason, the next four parts shifted to the reality shows' tried-and-true mundane, behind-the-scenes 'let's choose our costumes and props together and squabble about it' bullshit. And the entire series suffered from this re-direction.

If the producers had maintained the animation throughout, the series would have had legs and, more importantly, well-deserved awards.

I am sure that I don't need to remind anyone that kids adore and are visually fascinated by animation... and kids are, after all, the target audience, right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wait...before everyone starts saying that there was Monty Python-esque animation throughout the series... what I mean is that is was not as in-your-face as the first series. Sorry!
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    wait...before everyone starts saying that there was Monty Python-esque animation throughout the series... what I mean is that is was not as in-your-face as the first series. Sorry!

Could that be purely down the subject matter of each episode? The first episode dealt with torture, while the other episodes were on much less gruesome subjects. Being a children's broadcaster, CBBC can't get away with gratuitous violence.
This discussion has been closed.