Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching the episode, not very impressed tbh. I hate not enjoying Glee, but I just didn't really care. Highlight for me was Jesse's return.
    I think there were too many songs for me. I mean if you look at it, the only necessary ones were Night Fever, If I can't have you, Boogie Shoes, Disco Inferno and More than A Woman. I really think You Should Be Dancing was pointless, and it really didn't fit the whole "the kids hate disco" thing, because three of them were willing to do it and all. It was a good number and I really quite like the cover, I just felt it was a waste of time, especially when they went on to do Night Fever (which was saved by Joe imo :p). Same really goes for How Deep is Your Love. This out of all the songs is my favourite, but it wasn't necessary at all because Rachel summed up the whole thing anyway without the number. I think really having the two Finchel numbers was too much when there were so many songs, it could've managed with just the one. And I didn't like Staying Alive one bit, it made me cringe.
    The amount of songs then meant the plots seemed over quite quickly tbh. I did like them, because I can really understand how they're feeling. My last ever classes in school are in two weeks and two days exactly so I really get it! I had no idea what I was going to do with my life for a while too so! I think because the plots were all also structured the same way (problem, song, problem solved) they went faster. But they were quite nice, although Santana's made me cringe a little when she was all I realise how silly I was because that isn't really Santana to me. But it got better again and made me well up a bit :o
    Also have to say really annoyed about the severe lack of Quinn! Did they really think it would go unnoticed?! So I did some googling about it and found this:

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/what-about-quinn-details-on-dianna-agrons-noticeable-absence-in-most-of-season-3-episode-16-saturday-night-glee-ver

I guess I'll forgive them...

Oh, and smile371 I believe we have 6 episodes left. I think there are 22 episodes. Big brother was advertised as the start of 8 episodes in a row until the end of the season so. As for what is in them...
    Next week is another tribute episode, to Whitney Huston.
    Episode 18 is the NYADA auditions and Puck's dad turns up.
    Episode 19 is Prom
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it, thought it was a fun episode. :)

I thought the stuff with Finn not knowing what he wanted to do when he left school was really good. Its something a lot of people can relate to, whether its happening to them now or has happened in the past. Was also nice to see Rachel thinking about what Finn wanted to do and supporting him in trying to figure it out.

Liked the Santana/ Brittany and Sam/ Merdcedes stuff aswell. I hope Sam and Mercedes get together as a couple, I think they would be kinda cute. :o

Looooved Boogie Shoes (I wanted to get up and dance round to that :o) and Disco Inferno, easily my favourite songs in this episode. Wade was really good, fair play to Alex for dancing in those shoes, I'll never be able to dance as good as that in heels. :( The look on Jesse's face when he saw him was brilliant. :D

I loved all the girls 70's clothes (I know this really has nothing to do with the episode but I just had to say it :o), especially Rachels shoes, Tina and Santanas dresses from More Than A Woman.

Ok dont mind what I said about 23 episodes, theres only 22. :D I dont want them to all leave. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the writing for Santana has been that good this series. She's no longer my favourite anymore. New new favourite is..........
    Sugar :D

Sadly there isn't enough of her
  • rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so sick of Blaine. Three songs last week was it, and we had barely got past the "here's what you missed on Glee" section and we got another. Decent characters like Brittany, Santana and Mercedes are being pushed aside for him more and more. Mike and Tina have barely had a storyline all series and Sam has pretty much faded back into the background again apart from like 2 scenes this week. There is no consistency in this show any more :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it is but I seem to have lost interest in Glee, for me it has went downhill very very quickly. I think the format was always going to get old quick, I just thought they could keep me interested for longer. I hope the next series is better as the show has the potential to be great, I mean most of the first series was brilliant and some of the second.

Also the breaks between episodes have been brutal! I don't know how Americans can watch a show that takes 3 weeks off here and 7 weeks off there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rodenboy wrote: »
    I am so sick of Blaine. Three songs last week was it, and we had barely got past the "here's what you missed on Glee" section and we got another. Decent characters like Brittany, Santana and Mercedes are being pushed aside for him more and more. Mike and Tina have barely had a storyline all series and Sam has pretty much faded back into the background again apart from like 2 scenes this week. There is no consistency in this show any more :(

I agree with this completely

I would have loves a troubletones in the future storyline! I think that realistically, they'd do better as a group than solo artists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO the only reason I watch the show for is the cast. They are just so loveable. the BTS stuff is hilarious. Like I hate Finn with a passion, but Cory is hilarious and adorable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a freaking awesome episode! Completely wasn't expecting Jesse but perfect fit for VA. Wade and Unique are FABULOUS! Love it! Love everything about him and her! Don't quite believe that he would be "the star" like Jesse and Sunshine but heyho!
    Completely wasn't expecting to like the episode at all. Not much of a disco fan but they rocked it and there were some stand out episodes!

Loved the weird flash backs to ND geting swag! (NPH hells yeah!!) and I love that I've finally heard "when white people get funky, you get KC and the Sunshine band aka Artie loving Boogie Shoes"

It's probably not great that I completely forgot Rory and Sugar existed right? I only remembered Sugar because Tina kind of looked like her at the end...

Next weeks episode looks really cool. Based on the previews we can expect lots of "how will stay together!!" scenes with Kurt, Rach, Mercedes and Santana all singing "how will I know if he really loves me..."...got to admit, I'm actually quite liking that focus on the couples (for example Finns sequence with Klaine, Tike and Brittana dancing at the same time.) I'm by no means a 'shipper' but its still very sweet and cool...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm no Blaine fan but his contribution to the episode was pretty much over in the first couple of minutes, whereas Santana, Brittany and Mercedes all had a fair bit of screen time in this episode.

I'll admit I wasn't expecting much but I actually really enjoyed the episode - it was fun, none of the characters were obnoxious or annoying and while not the sort of thing I'd listen to, the music was good.

I haven't been the biggest fan of Brittany and Santana this season but liked their scenes in this episode. I really liked Wade too - his scenes were great, as was far too brief return of Jesse.

The little flashbacks to Dream On and Mattress were cute and funny too. On the topic of flashbacks, was Will's Nationals performance the same from the unaired pilot? I watched it once but can't remember if it was the exact same footage which they finally reused.

I'm quite shocked I didn't notice Quinn's absence though.

Looking forward to next week's episode - not the biggest fan of tribute episodes in general but the storylines sound good and spoilers indicate that
    Kurt will be singing in this episode
    :D

3x18 sounds like a good one too
    NYADA auditions!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to say it does kinda annoy me that Blaine seems to get a lot of solos while the others dont. But hopefully with the graduation maybe it will focus a bit more on the seniors and we'll get some performances from them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smile371 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many episodes are in this season? Last nights was episode 16 so just wondering how many we've got left, and what to expect in them! :)

3x17 - A Whitney tribute...kind of. Its not like the Madonna and Britney ones. It's more like they are just using lots of Whitney songs but I don't think there is going to be a direct link a lot of the time.
    3x18 - Rach and Kurt auditioning for NYADA and a big Puck story about his past apparently
    3x19 - It's prom time again! Brittany has planned one hell of a retro prom...
    3x20 - Called "Props" but little is known about it? Maybe its about the characters who don't get focus (remember Quinns line about swaying in the back like props?)
    3x21 - Speculated to be Nationals/Showcase (airing the same night as 3x20)
    3x22 - It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huggzy wrote: »
    That was a freaking awesome episode! Completely wasn't expecting Jesse but perfect fit for VA. Wade and Unique are FABULOUS! Love it! Love everything about him and her! Don't quite believe that he would be "the star" like Jesse and Sunshine but heyho!
    Completely wasn't expecting to like the episode at all. Not much of a disco fan but they rocked it and there were some stand out episodes!

Loved the weird flash backs to ND geting swag! (NPH hells yeah!!) and I love that I've finally heard "when white people get funky, you get KC and the Sunshine band aka Artie loving Boogie Shoes"

It's probably not great that I completely forgot Rory and Sugar existed right? I only remembered Sugar because Tina kind of looked like her at the end...

Next weeks episode looks really cool. Based on the previews we can expect lots of "how will stay together!!" scenes with Kurt, Rach, Mercedes and Santana all singing "how will I know if he really loves me..."...got to admit, I'm actually quite liking that focus on the couples (for example Finns sequence with Klaine, Tike and Brittana dancing at the same time.) I'm by no means a 'shipper' but its still very sweet and cool...

Not exactly your fault, I blame that on the writers. I love Sugar and I could listen to Rory talk all day long (love his accent) but theyre in it one week, not in it the next and they barely speak so who can blame ya for not noticing they werent there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I didn't watch the Glee Project out of principle but compared to Harmony, Joe and Wade...how the hell did Rory get a 'joint winner' role? Was he completely different as just the actor who plays him auditioning?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I didn't watch the Glee Project out of principle but compared to Harmony, Joe and Wade...how the hell did Rory get a 'joint winner' role? Was he completely different as just the actor who plays him auditioning?

I cant actually remember what the reason was for the two of them winning but I really liked Damian on it and I remember that he was one of those people that everyone seemed to get on with and he came across as funny and a really nice person. I think the character is just a bit dim. Actually, has anybody noticed that a few of the boys seem a bit dim? Puck and Finn come straight to mind but I remember thinking Sam and even Mike (whos supposed to be really smart) had a few dim moments aswell.
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'Rory' and 'Joe' won a seven episode arc, whereas 'Harmony' and 'Wade' were runners up and have two episode arcs. I thought Damian who plays Rory was very boring during TGP but he came across as a real sweetheart and the public warmed to him, so I suppose he was a popular choice to win. I wanted Alex to win (Wade) because he has an incredible voice but he came across as quite arrogant. I felt Lindsay (Harmony) was a bit too Rachel-like to win.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »
    'Rory' and 'Joe' won a seven episode arc, whereas 'Harmony' and 'Wade' were runners up and have two episode arcs. I thought Damian who plays Rory was very boring during TGP but he came across as a real sweetheart and the public warmed to him, so I suppose he was a popular choice to win. I wanted Alex to win (Wade) because he has an incredible voice but he came across as quite arrogant. I felt Lindsay (Harmony) was a bit too Rachel-like to win.

Lindsey and Wade have four episode arcs as runners up :) Damian's seven episode arc has been extended as far as I am aware and he is supposedly signed on for Series Four. Not sure about Joe as his arc's only just started so there's not been much fan reaction.

I loved it but I am a child of the 70s and the Bee Gees are one of my fav bands. I'm also not a stan of any particular character so I couldn't care less who is in each episode or isn't, I just enjoy it for the songs and the utter cheesefest of a show that it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Lindsey and Wade have four episode arcs as runners up :) Damian's seven episode arc has been extended as far as I am aware and he is supposedly signed on for Series Four. Not sure about Joe as his arc's only just started so there's not been much fan reaction.

I loved it but I am a child of the 70s and the Bee Gees are one of my fav bands. I'm also not a stan of any particular character so I couldn't care less who is in each episode or isn't, I just enjoy it for the songs and the utter cheesefest of a show that it is.

I like Samuel/Joe, he has such a smooth voice and I like him not being a stereotypical Christian, plus I just think he's incredibly hot. :D Supported him in TGP, and Damian/Rory could have easily been Cameron (another contestant in TGP) but Cameron bowed out and offered his place to Damian.

I agree with Revans33 where you say Alex was arrogant, he was, I found him to be a little two faced and bitchy at times, and when I first saw him I wasn't even sure if he was male.. :o
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Unique & Mercedes stole the show for me. Boogie Shoes & Disco Inferno were easily the best songs but I can't decide which one I like more.

Deffo want to see more of Unique.

For once Blaine didn't make me want to punch him in the face and quite enjoyed his song.

Pissed myself laughing at Finn dancing again.

I didn't like Santanas song which is unusual as I usually love everything she does.

I didn't like Finns solo at all. falsetto really doesn't suit him and I could swear that was kurt on backing vocals.

I'm surprised Kurt didn't have a solo number surely out of all of them his voice is more suited to bee gees numbers
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the episode despite I don't like too much tribute episode (exception was Britney ep). The best thing was Alex. I was watching Glee Project and I hated him (and Lindsay) so much throughout the competition and loved Damian. Now, in the end I much more liked Alex/Wade arc than Damian/Roy arc. Boogy Shoes were awesome!!!! I really didnt expect Ryan to put him in a dress - it was mental but in a 100% positive way!!
    Hopefully we're gonna see more of Alex and his dancing Sue shoes:D

The plot was OK but I don't understand why they skipped Quinn. Her physical state is much more important than Santana's sex tapes and becoming "understanding girl",
    I miss times when all the cast sang a song together in auditorium, holding on to each other. Hopefully we'll see it soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Finns solo at all. falsetto really doesn't suit him and I could swear that was kurt on backing vocals.

Falsetto suits practically none of the Glee guys. I've said it before and I'll say it again; other than Kurt and Artie, the Glee guys tend to have very very similar voices sometimes making it difficult to tell which one is actually singing, especially Puck and Finn on some songs.

It struck me as very odd that in an episode about the BeeGees, Kurts voice wasn't used a whole lot...seems like a more natural fit than forcing Cory/Finn to go up to that kind of pitch...
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    konofilius wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed the episode despite I don't like too much tribute episode (exception was Britney ep). The best thing was Alex. I was watching Glee Project and I hated him (and Lindsay) so much throughout the competition and loved Damian. Now, in the end I much more liked Alex/Wade arc than Damian/Roy arc. Boogy Shoes were awesome!!!! I really didnt expect Ryan to put him in a dress - it was mental but in a 100% positive way!!
    Hopefully we're gonna see more of Alex and his dancing Sue shoes:D

Tbh I did go "what the hell is mercedes doing with vocal adrenaline" and then realised my error

ooops
    Falsetto suits practically none of the Glee guys. I've said it before and I'll say it again; other than Kurt and Artie, the Glee guys tend to have very very similar voices sometimes making it difficult to tell which one is actually singing, especially Puck and Finn on some songs.

It struck me as very odd that in an episode about the BeeGees, Kurts voice wasn't used a whole lot...seems like a more natural fit than forcing Cory/Finn to go up to that kind of pitch...

You're totally right, the one time I wouldn't have minded kurts screeching (sorry :D) and they just shove him in the background.

Artie & Kurt really are the only ones that have distinctive voices. I'd never thought about it much until your post.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fed up of tribute episodes and stunt casting. I wrote a ranty blog about it.

http://stuartdgray.com/2012/04/19/why-i-am-worried-about-glee/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not a bad ep. Santana and Britney are so cute :)

one thing though where were Quinn, Rory and Sugar?? although was quinn near the begining as i am sure i saw her :confused:
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How Will I know
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhT_W0CR6w

I don't know why Rachel is singing this in terms of the storyline though, she isn't leaving Finn and the other three are leaving their partners. I think perhaps Tina should have sung instead, I can't even remember the last time she sung anything and it fits with the storyline of Mike leaving.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    not a bad ep. Santana and Britney are so cute :)

one thing though where were Quinn, Rory and Sugar?? although was quinn near the begining as i am sure i saw her :confused:

Quinn was wheeling behind Will when he was playing with his diorama.
This discussion has been closed.