League One 2016/17 thread

Comments

• djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    That's Mowbray done by the sounds of it. We're ****ed.

Yep Mowbray gone. Not surprised at all. Recently started working with a Cov fan, he's a pretty decent guy
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Swindon didn't lose today.
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham lost 2-0 to MK Dons this afternoon which sound like our performance were poor again, knowing we hit crossbar couple mins after half time we never look like scoring today something that keeping happening to us this season.

Coventry got they first victory of season with surprise 2-0 win against Port Vale mean Oldham drop to bottom of League one table :( looking at our October fixtures I can't see where our next victory will come from but knowing us we probably beat Bolton and Scunthorpe in couple of weeks time.

I see Scunthorpe beat Bury 2-1 in top of table clashes and go three points clear at top of table. good victory for Oxford and Walsall in other matches.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Well, that was a bit of as surprise especially after the sarfend result..2:0 at Macro ground...we're blowing hot and cold at the moment, Bolton fans...you were so quiet,!!!!! why not get behind your team when things aren't going well???
  • clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Oldham lost 2-0 to MK Dons this afternoon which sound like our performance were poor again, knowing we hit crossbar couple mins after half time we never look like scoring today something that keeping happening to us this season.

Coventry got they first victory of season with surprise 2-0 win against Port Vale mean Oldham drop to bottom of League one table :( looking at our October fixtures I can't see where our next victory will come from but knowing us we probably beat Bolton and Scunthorpe in couple of weeks time.

I see Scunthorpe beat Bury 2-1 in top of table clashes and go three points clear at top of table. good victory for Oxford and Walsall in other matches.

Bolton have been poor lately, and cant seem to get a win from anywhere. Add to that they have only scored 10 goals this season means that you would have a chance. The League still is so tight, three wins on the bounce could take a team from the relegation zone to the playoff positions. Scunthorpe still looking very strong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham won for first time (in league) since 20th August after they came behind to beat Gillingham 2-1 :D From sound of things we were poor in first half and Gills should been 2/3 nil up at half time, we were lot better in second half and lucky we didn't give away at penalty as sound like our player Clarke handball in penalty area but ref didn't saw it.

This win move us up to 21st in table and one of seven teams with 12 points, our next match is against Bolton who got they first win since August today, I be happy if we come away from Macron Stadium with point but fell Bolton will get they second win on trot.

Scunthorpe draw and with Bradford won it mean Bradford are only point behind Scunthorpe in 2nd place, Rochdale won for five game in row and move themselves into play offs.
  • clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Oldham won for first time (in league) since 20th August after they came behind to beat Gillingham 2-1 :D From sound of things we were poor in first half and Gills should been 2/3 nil up at half time, we were lot better in second half and lucky we didn't give away at penalty as sound like our player Clarke handball in penalty area but ref didn't saw it.

This win move us up to 21st in table and one of seven teams with 12 points, our next match is against Bolton who got they first win since August today, I be happy if we come away from Macron Stadium with point but fell Bolton will get they second win on trot.

Scunthorpe draw and with Bradford won it mean Bradford are only point behind Scunthorpe in 2nd place, Rochdale won for five game in row and move themselves into play offs.

Shocking collapse from Gillingham in the second half. Justin Edinburgh changed the formation in the second half and it just led to a defensive mess! Well done for sticking in there familyguy!
    Forum Member
    Well that tosh against the wombles....anyone see the pen appeal turned down...how about the two footed studs up lunge????....anyway they aren't excuses, the ref?..made bad decisions, maybe game changing
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic moment for all football fans as Wimbledon are now higher in the league pyramid than the club stealing Franchise for the first time. Please let this be a sign of things to come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good point for Swindon today away at AFC Wimbledon.
    Forum Member
    Good 3 for OXFORD....beating the Bantams their first loss...sublym free kick by Maguire COYYs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »
    Good 3 for OXFORD....beating the Bantams their first loss...sublym free kick by Maguire COYYs

Good win that for Oxford and doubt many people would predicted that Oxford would be team to end Bradford unbeaten start to season.

Oldham lost 2-0 to Bolton yesterday which sound like Bolton deserve they victory, it sound like we didn't really created any chances and have to thanks our goalkeeper in first half to keep scoreline 1-0 at half time.

We now got two home matches started with top of table Scunthorpe on Tues night, Oldham have got offer for fans where if you buy ticket for Scunthorpe match you get Bristol Rovers ticket for free so I be taking that offer up so hopefully I see Oldham win they first home match of season on Tuesday night but way Scunthorpe have been playing I can see them beating us. :(
    Forum Member
    Tough one tonight against Coventry, fighting to out of their predicament .
  • celesticelesti Posts: 26,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it helps you at all, I've yet to see us score a single goal this season and I'm going up so go heavy on a clean sheet.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 26,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or not. That defensive mixup to give us the second goal, oof.
    Forum Member
    First win at Home for Coventry.....unbeaten at home , all other games were drawn. They wont be down there for long
  • MrGriggsFromRyeMrGriggsFromRye Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Good win that for Oxford and doubt many people would predicted that Oxford would be team to end Bradford unbeaten start to season.

Oldham lost 2-0 to Bolton yesterday which sound like Bolton deserve they victory, it sound like we didn't really created any chances and have to thanks our goalkeeper in first half to keep scoreline 1-0 at half time.

We now got two home matches started with top of table Scunthorpe on Tues night, Oldham have got offer for fans where if you buy ticket for Scunthorpe match you get Bristol Rovers ticket for free so I be taking that offer up so hopefully I see Oldham win they first home match of season on Tuesday night but way Scunthorpe have been playing I can see them beating us. :(

..sadly you were wrong.....only Scunnys second league defeat this season....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..sadly you were wrong.....only Scunnys second league defeat this season....

Good. :D to be fair we deserve the victory as partfrom first 15/20 mins we were better team and could had third in second half. As for Scunthorpe they didn't look like team who stay at top of table but it wasn't they night and sure they will bounce back on Saturday.

Oldham stay in bottom 4 (due to other teams picking up points) and we now play Bristol Rovers on Saturday, hopefully Oldham can make it two wins in two but Rovers seen to be doing well and be tough game against them so I take point at this current moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham lost 2-0 to Bristol Rovers in which they deserve they victory as we were poor today and didn't really test Rovers goalkeeper that much in whole match, both of Rovers score keep from corner in which our defenders should done better stopping rovers having a shot a goal.

Our next match is local derby match against Rochdale in which I be att, we have good record at spotland where (I think) we only lost once in six visit so hopefully that run will continue special Rochdale have lost to two teams in bottom 5 this week.

I see Scunthorpe won and gone five points clear at top of table, Wimbledon move into play offs after they 1-0 win against Peterborough and good wins for Millwall and Southend at bottom half of table.
  • JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karl Robinson has parted company with MK Dons. Been there 6 years
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karl Robinson has parted company with MK Dons. Been there 6 years

I think they had got bored of each other. Sometimes things just reach a natural conclusion and that seems to be one of those. Who next for MK I wonder?
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    I think they had got bored of each other. Sometimes things just reach a natural conclusion and that seems to be one of those. Who next for MK I wonder?
    Wouldn't it be ironic if they slid further into lg 2 and into non league
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another poor result for Swindon today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham lost 1-0 to local rival Rochdale which we were poor (well awful) in first half and Rochdale took advantage in that and score five mins before half time, we were better in second half and had couple of chances to equaliser but in whole we never really test Dale goalie and had to thank our goallie to keep it 1-0.

Oldham stay in 22nd place but it look like other team around us didn't win, Oldham need to start playing 90 mins instead of one half which they have been doing so we can start winning more matches.
    Forum Member
    We beat ourselves against Millwall...so much possession, really good football but very few attempts...we need a striker, Hemmings aint clicking