Options

Glee: Will they re-cast Finn?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    In a word: No.

Finn will not be re-cast. Ever. Under any circumstance. And he won't simply "move away" either.

My prediction: Finn will be killed, dying off-screen. Rachel Berry will not be shown at any point for several months of episodes. The acknowledgement of Finn's death will likely be the first episode back, seemingly now in November instead of September, and my hunch is that ONLY the Ohio cast will be shown (thus having a good "out" for us not seeing Rachel). The following episodes will continue to focus on Ohio for a few months, although I think its possible they may have a time jump between Episode 1 and 2. But even if they DO, and they use this to bring the NY cast back into the show, Rachel will still be gone, at least for a while, perhaps under some makeshift plot that she went overseas for a semester or something, after Finn died. Kurt will be the logical character to address Finn being dead and Rachel being gone (albeit temporarily, but the character Kurt won't be so sure of that).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Fans are also saying that she's planning his funeral..... Shouldn't his mum be doing that?

Sorry if someone has already replied to this, but a statement has been released saying Lea is with Cory's parents now, and I believe it stated she was helping them with making plans for the funeral.
  • Options
    NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Sorry if someone has already replied to this, but a statement has been released saying Lea is with Cory's parents now, and I believe it stated she was helping them with making plans for the funeral.

Yeah, that's what I thought, it's like lea would know what songs he likes and his mum for his childhood memories.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fans are also saying that she's planning his funeral..... Shouldn't his mum be doing that?

She released a statement to say she is with Cory's family helping them to make their arrangements so that is actually true
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    As harsh as it sounds she's a contracted professional actress.

Life does go on and I'd expect her to continue in the role

Yes, that is harsh. She's just lost seemingly the love of her life, and although of course that happens to other people, it doesn't often have a huge impact on a job in the public eye like this.

It's not as simple as 'life goes on' - of course it does, but it doesn't have to go on in such a difficult way. And the show, if it returns, will be under significant pressures - both time, in terms of getting the episodes done, and ratings, as Lea is the star of the show, and the show has always been made around her character. That's a heavy burden without having to deal with how much Cory was a part of the show.

I don't like to speculate on whether Lea will or won't be able to return, I think it's disrespectful to do that so soon after his death when she's grieving and deserves privacy and sympathy, not speculation, but either way, I certainly wouldn't be blaming her if she doesn't return to the show.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,767
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    That's fine, no-ones opinion is more important than anyone else's
    Except Ryan's, given that he's in charge of the whole thing :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except Ryan's, given that he's in charge of the whole thing :D

<<<<<<ends.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »

Personally I think they should have done a one off tribute episode to Cory as a separate episode of the series like the Xmas specials were. And then start the series later.

The Beatles tributes are going to seem out of place being shown first and to be honest I'm not looking forward to them.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's much better to kill the character off and give him a swan song but it's the fact his real life girlfriend is his on screen love. Not sure that happened in a show before
    In 8 Simple Rules, John Ritter died whilst on the set so they killed his character off in the show and the two parter that explained it all had no audience and the characters basically spent two episodes sitting around crying and reminiscing about him (well, his character anyway). All the crying done was real too, not scripted so it was quite emotional to watch. I imagine it'll probably be the same for these Glee episodes, lots of tears and in this case, sad songs used to reminisce about Finn/Corey. None of the actors were related outside the show but it was still sad to watch.

On a side note, in one 8SR episode after the death of John, Kaley Cuoco (who played Bridget) takes part in a play of Anne Frank and she says pretty much the same thing in an episode of The Big Bang Theory, which I think is a nice little call back to the show.