Why won't they have Paul Mcgann back?

2»

Comments

• ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No actor ever would say they're DISAPPOINTED that they're not in something, well after it was filmed, unless they're really not in it. You're just building yourself up for more disappointment if you believe otherwise.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    No actor ever would say they're DISAPPOINTED that they're not in something, well after it was filmed, unless they're really not in it.
    Why not? :confused:
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? :confused:

Why would anyone? Actors are usually contracted, expected and ultimately encouraged to promote their work. "I'm gutted I'm not in it" does nothing to increase anyone's excitement about the anniversary, other than being the cold hard truth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Usually" being the operative word. This is different and we know it's positively encouraged within the show that details are omitted/outright lied about to maintain an element of surprise and to keep the speculation running rampant.
  • GillrayGillray Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    "Usually" being the operative word. This is different and we know it's positively encouraged within the show that details are omitted/outright lied about to maintain an element of surprise and to keep the speculation running rampant.

Its similar to the whole Benedict Cumberbatch role in Star Trek - cast and crew lied and lied about who he was playing, they even had Karl Urban pretending to let slip he was playing a completely different character from the original series. There is obviously going to be loads of stuff they've kept back, there really isn't that much we know a part from a couple of locations and handful of actors.
  • Wiwik_AnggrainiWiwik_Anggraini Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    ea91 wrote: »
    Why would anyone? Actors are usually contracted, expected and ultimately encouraged to promote their work. "I'm gutted I'm not in it" does nothing to increase anyone's excitement about the anniversary, other than being the cold hard truth.
    Actually, it does what it's supposed to do, we're talking about it.

We'll see in time. I refuse to be disappointed or worked up before it's done and confirmed in the special. As a matter of fact, I refuse to let anyone dampen my excitement about the series being around for 50 years. I am a big Paul McGann fan, and I do hope he will be in the special. However, if he's not, big deal. Maybe a missed chance, but nothing more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillray wrote: »
    Its similar to the whole Benedict Cumberbatch role in Star Trek - cast and crew lied and lied about who he was playing, they even had Karl Urban pretending to let slip he was playing a completely different character from the original series. There is obviously going to be loads of stuff they've kept back, there really isn't that much we know a part from a couple of locations and handful of actors.
    Exactly, I knew there was a very high profile example recently but I was damned if I could remember what it was :D