Conspiracy: Did we fake the moon landings?

Steffan_LeachSteffan_Leach Posts: 4,669
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watching this on Channel 5.

There have also been other programs on this as well..

What do you guys think?

Did we fake the moon landings? 342 votes

Yes
14% 48 votes
No
79% 273 votes
Not Sure
6% 21 votes

Comments

• exstoker84exstoker84 Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see this but they're not faked. Seen other programmes about it and nothing I've seen has made me think any differently
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the one that was originally broadcast about a decade ago?

If it is, good programme in an entertaining way. I believe we landed, but I do enjoy trashy tv like this.
  • Autumn-DreamsAutumn-Dreams Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Fake. . . . . At least the first one was anyway.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Moon itself is fake, so how could the landings be real.....?
  • Steffan_LeachSteffan_Leach Posts: 4,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the one that was originally broadcast about a decade ago?

If it is, good programme in an entertaining way. I believe we landed, but I do enjoy trashy tv like this.

No I think it's from 2015.
  • NakatomiNakatomi Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as you can fire a laser (and I have) at the moon and have it hit the retroreflectors placed there over the various Apollo missions, I'm going with... NO. Of course not!

People who believe this rubbish are deluded.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best moment in any programme featuring Moon landing conspiracy nutters is when they show the film of Buzz Aldrin punching Bart Sibrel's stupid face. Makes me laugh every time.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mitchell and Webb sum it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw
  • claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was such a Space Race between Russia and America as to who would be the first to land, so surely Russia would have fought tooth and nail if there was any doubt about the landing, and so would relish the chance of exposing the lie to the world.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they were fake and earth is flat :D
  • rmc57rmc57 Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on earth (sic) can WE have faked the moon landings since they were undertaken by NASA, an agency of the US Government? This is not America!

All of these idiotic conspiracy theories have been misproven plenty of times - it's just easier for programme makers to ignore that and keep feeding this pap to a gullible audience that believes too much cheap US TV dramas and the film Capricorn 1 are documentaries...

The biggest clincher is would any same person believe that the incompetent yanks could keep such a secret? Still, people believe what they want to believe.

The truth is out there - in obvious plain sight.
  • Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still can't believe that the BBC's coverage is missing.
  • davies88davies88 Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether you believe it was real or not, it's only right that people should be allowed to ask the question.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they were faked simply because if they weren't, then common sense suggests that by now, some 50 years later, we would have landed on Mars and beyond. Yet, we have achieved relative little, only being able to send little robots to Mars in hit and miss projects. I just believe that it is hard to accept a major technological breakthrough such as Moon landings some 50 years, yet nothing similar since. I am reminded of the excellent film Capricorn One.
  • davies88davies88 Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I believe they were faked simply because if they weren't, then common sense suggests that by now, some 50 years later, we would have landed on Mars and beyond. Yet, we have achieved relative little, only being able to send little robots to Mars in hit and miss projects. I just believe that it is hard to accept a major technological breakthrough such as Moon landings some 50 years, yet nothing similar since. I am reminded of the excellent film Capricorn One.

Thats because attitudes have changed since then, and of course funding. Not enough people have the vision to achieve anything like this anymore.

There's little effort to push boundaries anymore and be bold and take risks.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The answer to this dumb question is NO funnily enough.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I believe they were faked simply because if they weren't, then common sense suggests that by now, some 50 years later, we would have landed on Mars and beyond.
    That's a non sequitur.
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think the Russians might have said something if the US tried to fake it, what with it being a space race and all.
    Maybe even used some of their similar level of space technology to make sure things like the radio signals from the surface checked out?
    Or were they involved in the cover up too? The cover up that was somehow more important than the cold war?

To be honest if you still believe we didn't land on the moon, from a critical thinking pov, you're a lost cause.
  • CaligCalig Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    The brainchild of a few true believers at the Langley Research Center who had been experimenting with the idea since 1959, the basic premise of LOR was to fire an assembly of three spacecraft into Earth orbit on top of a single powerful (three-stage) rocket.

This assembly included: One, a mother ship, or command module; two, a service module containing the fuel cells, attitude control system and main propulsion system; and three, a small lunar lander or excursion module. Once in Earth orbit, the last stage of the rocket would fire, boosting the Apollo spacecraft with its crew of three men in to its flight trajectory to the moon. Reaching lunar orbit, two of the crew members would don space suits and climb into the lunar excursion module (LEM), detach it from the mother ship, and take it down to the lunar surface. The third crew member would remain in the command module, maintaining a lonely vigil in lunar orbit. If all went well, the top half of the LEM would rocket back up, using the ascent engine provided, and re-dock with the command module. The lander would then be discarded into the vast darkness of space or crashed onto the moon (as was done in later Apollo missions for seismic experiments), and the three astronauts in their command ship would head for home.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/langley/news/factsheets/Rendezvous.html

It all went a little too well for my liking. I'm going to say FAKED! :D
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calig wrote: »
    http://www.nasa.gov/centers/langley/news/factsheets/Rendezvous.html

It all went a little too well for my liking. I'm going to say FAKED! :D
    That in itself is a good point for it NOT being faked actually.

But as I've said elsewhere before, why the heck would you fake something SIX times? Once would be enough for fraudsters, who had committed the successful fraud and achieved its aims. Why would they think "right we must now do it again exactly the same", then again, and again, and again, and yet again for a sixth time. No serious logic to that point.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the moon made of cheese but the astronauts didn't bring any back:D
  • exstoker84exstoker84 Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair though it takes around 3 days to get to the moon. It takes 7 months to get to Mars so I don't imagine anyone would want to travel in space for 14 months?

Maybe that's why we've never travelled to Mars?
  • WhoAteMeDinnerWhoAteMeDinner Posts: 4,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exstoker84 wrote: »
    To be fair though it takes around 3 days to get to the moon. It takes 7 months to get to Mars so I don't imagine anyone would want to travel in space for 14 months?

Maybe that's why we've never travelled to Mars?

That does not really answer Wizzywick's fair point about human technological advancement and exploration slowing to an almost complete halt in terms of space travel. Columbus, Pizarro, Cortez and Magellan opened up the Americas and circumnavigated the globe in a forty year span of time.

Every year that passes since the assumed lunar landings which ended forty years ago must raise increased doubts about what exactly did happen. We are only able to send little probes and tiny robot rovers to other planets and are still schlepping around a near earth orbit for everything else.

This technological failure to progress is very suspicious.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wolfticket wrote: »
    You'd think the Russians might have said something if the US tried to fake it, what with it being a space race and all.
    Maybe even used some of their similar level of space technology to make sure things like the radio signals from the surface checked out?
    Or were they involved in the cover up too? The cover up that was somehow more important than the cold war?

To be honest if you still believe we didn't land on the moon, from a critical thinking pov, you're a lost cause.

Quite..

As for people saying that we should have landed on Mars by now, tsk..
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow some people will stick a poll out for anything.