Options

Assassins Creed : Unity

Comments

• Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know right! I haven't experienced only one slight issue, Arno slowing down in huge crowds, so it seems I'm one of the lucky ones. People are still sounding off on the Ubisoft website about the game and how lacklustre the apology is to them. I personally think it's a nice gesture.

Ubisoft ballsed up big time but fair play to them it's a very good gesture to try and go some way to repaying gamers faith. The fact they're giving away the DLC for free and giving season pass owners free games is great especially when they've included Far Cry 4 which has barely been out just over a week and The Crew which hasn't been released yet!

Unfortunately you'll always get idiots that no matter what is offered will claim it's not good enough.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know right! I haven't experienced only one slight issue, Arno slowing down in huge crowds, so it seems I'm one of the lucky ones. People are still sounding off on the Ubisoft website about the game and how lacklustre the apology is to them. I personally think it's a nice gesture.

I note Arno slows down but the crowd don't. You couldn't run that fast through a huge crowd without ending up on your backside.
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    So if I purchased a season pass now would I stand a sneaky chance of claiming a free game?

I was thinking of buying it anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martytarty wrote: »
    So if I purchased a season pass now would I stand a sneaky chance of claiming a free game?

I was thinking of buying it anyway.

No.

The season pass has been discontinued because the DLC is now going to be available for free.

People who've already paid for the season pass are getting the free game instead of a refund of the money they paid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No.

The season pass has been discontinued because the DLC is now going to be available for free.

People who've already paid for the season pass are getting the free game instead of a refund of the money they paid.

Yeah just been reading on that, someone claimed they found a store that was still selling the pass making a cheaper way of getting a game, I'd choose the crew if I had to as own far cry 4 & watchdogs already.

Well done Ubisoft for admitting the problems and taking responsibility, a fair compensation to anyone who owns the game and/or season pass.

Please can someone tell me how I know if ac unity on my Xbox one has updated? (or any game for that matter) I've got mine set up to download in standby mode but can't find anyway of finding update history on it, no notifications or nothing, on my ps4 I get notifications when a game has updated and I can view update history etc.

To be honest I really like my xbone but I just don't get on with the Dashboard, it feels clunky, messy and sometimes unresponsive, it's hard to navigate around and find what your after, I much prefer the 360 dashboard, it felt more slick and easy to find my way around. Shame they can't offer two layouts to the dashboard, this so called next gen dashboard or a 360 theme if you like.

Any advice on the game update question?

Cheers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah just been reading on that, someone claimed they found a store that was still selling the pass making a cheaper way of getting a game, I'd choose the crew if I had to as own far cry 4 & watchdogs already.

Well done Ubisoft for admitting the problems and taking responsibility, a fair compensation to anyone who owns the game and/or season pass.

Please can someone tell me how I know if ac unity on my Xbox one has updated? (or any game for that matter) I've got mine set up to download in standby mode but can't find anyway of finding update history on it, no notifications or nothing, on my ps4 I get notifications when a game has updated and I can view update history etc.

To be honest I really like my xbone but I just don't get on with the Dashboard, it feels clunky, messy and sometimes unresponsive, it's hard to navigate around and find what your after, I much prefer the 360 dashboard, it felt more slick and easy to find my way around. Shame they can't offer two layouts to the dashboard, this so called next gen dashboard or a 360 theme if you like.

Any advice on the game update question?

Cheers

Sounds a bit dodgy. Even if you find a store still selling the season pass then I'd guess the code supplied will no longer work?

The game updated for me last night whilst I was in the middle of a game which was a bit annoying. If you're not being prompted to update then I guess yours is already done.

I found the dashboard annoying too. I'm getting used to it now but I still think the 360 one is better. I'm keeping my 360 so I guess it'll start to annoy me again when I'm playing 360 games and get to use the old dashboard again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers SaddlerSteve

Guess mine must of updated then, it would be nice to at least get a notification even if a game has silently updated during standby mode, surely it cant be that hard to put in place some sort of notification system for game updates from standby mode, so when I next turn on my xbox a notification will pop out saying "ac Unity was updated to version blah blah blah while you were away)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's both Unity dlc that is free. Just dead souls, I think the china one still has to be paid for (unless you have the season pass).
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers SaddlerSteve

Guess mine must of updated then, it would be nice to at least get a notification even if a game has silently updated during standby mode, surely it cant be that hard to put in place some sort of notification system for game updates from standby mode, so when I next turn on my xbox a notification will pop out saying "ac Unity was updated to version blah blah blah while you were away)

Games update automatically, you can change this in the settings.. Prompt or not...
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Ubisoft ballsed up big time but fair play to them it's a very good gesture to try and go some way to repaying gamers faith. The fact they're giving away the DLC for free and giving season pass owners free games is great especially when they've included Far Cry 4 which has barely been out just over a week and The Crew which hasn't been released yet!

Unfortunately you'll always get idiots that no matter what is offered will claim it's not good enough.

It irritates me when we, the players, are categorised negatively through the actions or moaning of a small concentrated gamers. Like I've said I've had nothing but a positive experience with the game and I've also read that others have too so there are good quality games. However I'm ignoring that Ubisoft should've taken another month or two to polish the game. It's a bloody good gesture! I'm regretting not getting the Season pass now :D but seriously excited to play the DLC as that does sound interesting to me.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It irritates me when we, the players, are categorised negatively through the actions or moaning of a small concentrated gamers. Like I've said I've had nothing but a positive experience with the game and I've also read that others have too so there are good quality games. However I'm ignoring that Ubisoft should've taken another month or two to polish the game. It's a bloody good gesture! I'm regretting not getting the Season pass now :D but seriously excited to play the DLC as that does sound interesting to me.

Well, let's face it, there's always going to be that part of gaming. But I don't think there's anything wrong with complaining either, when warranted. I can understand the frustration but some people take it too far.
    Well done Ubi for the gesture of free DLC & game. But as above, the minority will complain at that.
    Some DLC for me. Was waiting for the SP to be discounted so missed out on a free game. Not too fussed as it would've been The Crew, which I don't really fancy, not at full price anyway. (already have AC:BF & FC4).
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just played this for the first time since the last patch and it had no glitches in the 2 hour session. Hopefully this means it is fixed.

Completed the first mission on memory block 4 and then continued the never ending side quests but still good fun. Started the Venus Enigma and will hopefully continue sometime in the next few days time permitting.
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Well, let's face it, there's always going to be that part of gaming. But I don't think there's anything wrong with complaining either, when warranted. I can understand the frustration but some people take it too far.
    Well done Ubi for the gesture of free DLC & game. But as above, the minority will complain at that.
    Some DLC for me. Was waiting for the SP to be discounted so missed out on a free game. Not too fussed as it would've been The Crew, which I don't really fancy, not at full price anyway. (already have AC:BF & FC4).

I totally agree when it's warranted but I'm having a good time with it! ;-) I wonder what will happen with the China Chronicles because that looks good also.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I noticed the framerate was pretty bad when playing tonight. Not really laggy but not smooth. Am up to sequence 10 so don't know whether there's more going on than there is earlier in the story. Wondering whether I might just put the game on hold for a bit because they did say the FPS issues won't be fully fixed yet.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love this game, and the framerate is still terrible on xbone.

When do we get a chance to get our free game if we bought the season pass?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone had a problem with sequence 7?

I'm at the stage where you have to hit the button in time during the fight but it keeps failing and just going in a loop. I've had to quit the mission so my progress in the storyline is now halted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love this game, and the framerate is still terrible on xbone.

When do we get a chance to get our free game if we bought the season pass?

Ubisoft still working on setting that up.

Weirdly I played some more today and the framerate was better again. On the AC forums there are people saying they think the third patch has actually made the FPS worse. I know that I seem to be experiencing another issue with the third patch which is that the AI seems to spot you more easily.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm at the stage where you have to hit the button in time during the fight but it keeps failing and just going in a loop. I've had to quit the mission so my progress in the storyline is now halted.

Is that up on the a big building? I had trouble up there too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeh, looking on the Ubisoft forums its a know problem. Considering it's something that can actually stop the story being completed you'd think it would have been resolved in one of the 3 patche's they've already released.

I'm running around doing side missions at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't have any trouble with that one although just had my glitchiest mission yet when doing one of the Paris Stories. Was trying to take cover behind things and Arno was getting stuck in the scenery and then at one point he froze when dangling from a ledge and I had to wait to be killed so I could restart the mission. Seriously Ubisoft lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't recall any issues with S7. Finished main story without any major issues.
  • Options
    grantholmesgrantholmes Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    its all good for me
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, how do you join a club? That's the thing that is stickinging with me.

Like everyone else, I've had no major issues. I think the game froze once and I had to switch my console off, but apart from that it seems to be ok.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, how do you join a club? That's the thing that is stickinging with me.

Like everyone else, I've had no major issues. I think the game froze once and I had to switch my console off, but apart from that it seems to be ok.

You can join / create your onw in the assassin "club house" , the room that looks like a victorian era gentlemens club (well it does to me any way)

I had my first glitch where I had Arno running across a roof then jumping on to a line only for him to freeze whilst holding the line.
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anybody wanting to create a club on the PS4? I'm almost finished the single player campaign but looking for a club. DM me please