Real Housewives of Orange County

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Out of all of the RH franchises - Andy Cohen is such a savvy businessman - this is my favourite. Just finished watching series 7 on itv 2 - I had almost 40 episodes on sky+! -and can't wait for series 8 (starts april 01 in USA).
Some of these women are, basically, two faced back stabbers, none more so than Alexis, who just so happens to be wed to the Bernie Madoff of the OC!(well known to the FBI). Gretchen has gone up in my estimation, and is more candidly forthright and truthful. I still think Slimey is a leech, and she would be better of without him. Isn't it a coincidence, he 'managed' Jo's career in exactly the same business? I liked the new HW, Peggy Tanous, who appeared to be the voice of reason and didn't have her own agenda. I like Tamra Vieth Barney; she seems like a faithful friend to have. She tells it like it is. Vicki Gunvalson is a working mother who deserves the wealth her career and industriousness have provided her. I do feel, however, that her marriage to Donn failed due to the fact that she valued her work more than him. Although, she did admit, in a reunion show, that he had been having an affair for 20 years. Brooks, her new guy for the series, is with her for the kudos, the celebrity and the opportunities it will offer him. She is putting him ahead of her relationship with her children who are, understandably, worried that he is using her. And that is wrong.
Sarah is a resident who makes the occasional appearance, and she is a total fruit loop. One example, Peggy was having a party to celebrate changing her name to her husband, Terry's, and Sarah broke an icing decoration off the cake and ate it! And when Peggy confronted her, she couldn't believe it bothered her! It probably cost about $500! Her excuse? She has a sugar thing: "I needed sugar". Peggy gave her an oreo!
Keep in mind whilst, simultaneously, watching the show that the ladies/husbands know that they are constantly being filmed and anything could be aired. If they insult another housewife, chances are they will be able to see it when the show is screened.

Comments

• Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lost me after 'I like Tamra Vieth Barney; she seems like a faithful friend to have. She tells it like it is.' She's nothing but a back stabbing, insecure bully. Also, there is already a thread for all things housewives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I think you've got Peggy mixed up with Heather.
    Peggy was the blonde woman who kept going on about her post partum depression who loved guns and was married to a guy about 30 years younger than her.
    Heather Dubrow is the brunette lady I think you're thinking of married to a plastic surgeon Terry (he's brilliant by the way) wwho was an actress and now has about 4 kids.
    I love Heather - I agree I think she is the most down to earth of all the housewives.