Options

Boardwalk Empire - Season 4 - US Pace

Comments

• Options
    RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode of the season -
    Think they were playing us with the Chalky/Omar storyline, really made it look like he was gonna head for the Projects on a Higher Plain (and on previous form we would have accepted it but . . . ) - Hopefully comin back to kick some serious Ass

Loved the Handshake in the Alleyway, really nice touch.

Lansky, lol.

Masseria, Rothstein and then the upcoming repercussions of the Chicago "Tommy Gun" Symphony . . .

Now we're cooking :D

"Daddy was a cop
    On the east side of Chicago
    Back in the U S A
    Back in the bad old days" ;)
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things are coming to a boil nicely!
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'White Horse Pike' [Episode 10] was superb - one of the best episodes I've seen on TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    More people need to watch this show! In terms of the atmosphere, cinematography and the overall vibe, it is just perfection for me.
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AG Verve wrote: »
    More people need to watch this show! In terms of the atmosphere, cinematography and the overall vibe, it is just perfection for me.

Same here , just great. Richard is such a great character,
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people think he could be a private investigator or something, looking into the disappearance of the guy that she killed.

Bang on the money!

Farewell, Gillian :D
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Bang on the money!

Farewell, Gillian :D

I think the surprise there was who was behind it. I wouldn't rule out Gillian getting out of it somehow, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew Gillian wouldn't get a happy ending. Still felt sorry for her though; that was a mean little honey trap.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't feel sorry for her, she was horrible. Sexually abusing your own son ("I used to kiss his winky") and then committing incest, trying to usurp Tommy's mother and most probably continue the abuse with her own grandson? I was only sorry she wasn't shot in the back of the head like a rabid dog.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show continues to plod along quietly for another year as one of the best things on TV, while everything else gets all the attention. A very good finale that will upset a few people I'm sure!
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Harrow :cry: What a rubbish ending for a good character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a sad ending :(

The fight between Eli and Knox was brutal!

It has been a superb season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't watched a fight that brutal and edge of your seat stuff since Dan Dority vs Captain Turner on Deadwood. Disappointed that Richard died, him getting away to live with Tommy would have been the best ending for his character. Glad Gillian is locked up for good an that Jimmy was finally found.
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Harrow :cry: What a rubbish ending for a good character.

Literally 1 minute before it happened my husband and I were saying how brilliant Richard is and a fascinating character.
    Haven't watched a fight that brutal and edge of your seat stuff since Dan Dority vs Captain Turner on Deadwood. Disappointed that Richard died, him getting away to live with Tommy would have been the best ending for his character. Glad Gillian is locked up for good an that Jimmy was finally found.

That fight was sickeningly brutal, Eli just went for it. All that pent up rage let loose on one guy.
    I was so sorry to see Richard go, I had a good old cry when I saw him on the train. What a gorgeous man he is too, almost worth the end to see him without the mask.
    The Gillian thing...I was really peed off that she got off the smack and seemed to be sorting her life out. Ha! Little did I know :)

Poor Richard though :(
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aw man. Not Richard. I wanted him to have a real happy ending. At least he was in peace within his own head as he died.

And yes, the fight was brutal, and realistic. Two men, desperate for survival. Eli going to Chicago will be interesting.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season has been superb. Best one yet.

Eli's fight with Knox was excellent. So glad he got his comeuppance. Really reminded me of Tony Soprano and Ralph.

Also glad Narcisse survived the season, he's too good a villain to go just yet. That scene with Chalky and his daughter was heartbreaking.

I'm personally not going to miss Richard. I've always found him dull since Jimmy's departure. It was a nice exit for him.

Can't wait to see Capone's rise next year and to see where this Margaret and Rothstein story is heading. I sort of want her back with Nucky...

I wonder if its the last we've seen of Gillian....
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I wonder if its the last we've seen of Gillian....

I reckon we might see her again when she hangs.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I reckon we might see her again when she hangs.
    They seem to have tied up any loose ends regarding Jimmy now.

As much as I hated Gillian, I felt for her towards the end. She had a tough life (can't excuse her for ****ing her son but hey ho).
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was sad to see Richard go, but I agree that the character had reached the end of his shelf-life. I'd have liked him to have had a happy ending, but that was never going to happen as soon as he shot Chalky's daughter, Overall, I preferred this season to the last one and am looking forward to see what they have in store next year.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP Richard :(

And a tragic death for Chalky's daughter :(

As for Gillian... Good riddance!

It'll be interesting to see Capone in charge in Chicago now, and what Eli and Nelson will be doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see Capone in charge in Chicago now, and what Eli and Nelson will be doing.

You would think that season 5 will feature Capone a lot more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great end to the season, though I was sad to see Richard go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    They seem to have tied up any loose ends regarding Jimmy now.

As much as I hated Gillian, I felt for her towards the end. She had a tough life (can't excuse her for ****ing her son but hey ho).

I agree: It's a sign of good scriptwriting, that you find yourself sympathetic to characters who have done awful things. In fact that applies to most regular characters in BE.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was brilliant, so many plot threads beautifully woven together.