Options

i tunes, each track is an album?

I have a 3 disc compilation which at first in itunes was there as 3 albums, it synced with my 'touch' ok, but the next time I looked on itunes it is showing each track as an album.
Ive looked through some posts and tried the album info and ticked the 'part of compilation' box, but it still has me down as having an extra 62 albums instead of 3!
can anyone help me please?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another annoying iTunes problem...

It's creating multiple albums because it's picking up on multiple artists.

Solution 1:

Try selecting all the "albums" in iTunes by holding down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and left clicking. After they're all selected, right click and select Get Info. In the Album Artist field, type "Various Artists", then ok.

Hopefully that will fix the problem and merge all the tracks into one album.

Solution 2 (if you don't fancy manually selecting 60-odd albums):

Download a free program called Tagscanner. It's a simple but amazing program I use frequently to clean up my mp3s.
    http://www.xdlab.ru/en/

In that, import your compilation folder, select all the tracks (hold Shift key down, click the top track, keep Shift key held down and click on bottom track...), go to the tag editor tag, and again in the Album Artist field type various artists and save.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    thanks for your help, I will have a go at that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found an easier way,
    In itunes, start typing the name of the album; lets say now 72.
    ot then displays all songs from those mutliple albums.
    Ctrl+A to select all, go to get info as described but instead of changing artist to various change the album artist to various, it keeps all the song names and singers for the compilation but groups them all as one.

Couldn't have done it without Fromez post though, thanks.

only another 20 albums to go!
  • Options
    kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you download this software there is a 30 days free trial and your limited to a certain amount of tune ups before you have to either by or uninstall i have a macbook pro and bought this a few months ago its great and such a god send when you have a huge 50 gig itunes catalog to correctly tag it does it all for you as well as the album covers to so i can use cover flow on my ipod touch !

hope it helps somewhat !

Ken

http://www.tuneupmedia.com/download