'Emmerdale' thrashes 'EastEnders' in Thursday ratings clash

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Both soaps have been lower before during a clash...And all will be back to nornal monday

still lost by 2 million dan:D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    All it means is the top three have just changed positions a little, with Corrie still in its rightful place,now followed by Emmer in second place, lets hope this major turn is shown in the soap awards next year. I think Emmer does deserve the jump in positions as this year, apart from a few really bad episodes and a couple of horrid stories( Maurel being one) ut has succeeeded rather well in making good stories and the live ep was superb

Well done Emer :)
  • who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I'm not bothered what EE get's in the ratings, I did think it would get more for last night though, seems how popular Chryed are, but the BBC3 repeat got a lot of viewers.

I actually said within the WFCTGIO thread yesterday that I think a lot of people won't know it's Chryed's last episode. It was not mentioned in the sky planner (only Cora and Tanya were) there have been no soap bits on This Morning to talk about it and I don't think it was on the front of any tv mags either?

With a good story Chryed have been really popular but the exit story has felt contrived all the way through so it could be lack on interest in that too...but I think quite a few will be surprised they've gone and it certainly wasn't high profile as ds say. I've seen higher profile exits for people who are coming back in six months.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either way two million is loads. When Santer was at EE and Edale clashed with it, there would only be a gap of a few thousand. Its completely losing the stable audience it built up and viewers clearly don't care about missing episodes now.

No amount of spinning from fanbois will change this fact. Its been decling for too long across all its showings. Not just the main one on BBC One. So the catch up theory is also no longer valid in my opinion. If people weren't so quick to constantly defend EEs faillings by spin then its problems might have been fixed years ago. Instead we get passing the bucks and silly excuses like BBQs in freezing cold weather..... EE has really been below standard now for two years. It should not have got itself into this position.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either way two million is loads. When Santer was at EE and Edale clashed with it, there would only be a gap of a few thousand. Its completely losing the stable audience it built up and viewers clearly don't care about missing episodes now.

I don't pay too much attention to the ratings after a clash but you've hit the nail on the head there.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first I thought 'I can't believe that this thread is still rumbling on ...' then I remembered that dan2008 is like a dog with a very big EastEnders shaped bone ...

:D:D A true and faithful fan. I think it's great. :cool::cool:
  • LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No amount of spinning from fanbois will change this fact. Its been decling for too long across all its showings. Not just the main one on BBC One. So the catch up theory is also no longer valid in my opinion. If people weren't so quick to constantly defend EEs faillings by spin then its problems might have been fixed years ago. Instead we get passing the bucks and silly excuses like BBQs in freezing cold weather..... EE has really been below standard now for two years. It should not have got itself into this position.
    To be fair the decline in audiences for the omnibus and BBC3 showings could easily be attributed to the change in timeslots and not the quality.

They are still rating ahead of the ITV equivalents and the viewers still count whether a lower number or not.

And I don't think you can blame the "decline of EastEnders" on people like dan2008 defending its ratings. As if the BBC judge whether their programme is in crisis and whether or not they need to do anything about it from a handful of comments on DS.

It's swings and roundabouts to coin a cliché with ratings and overnights only tell half the story. EE is rarely below 8m in the officials yet Emmerdale is rarely above it.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone think next weeks episodes sound interesting with the arrival of Ava and Tanya and Cora meeting her and Lauren and Joey's car crash and does anyone think the next few weeks of spoilers sound really good because I do?
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think next weeks episodes sound interesting with the arrival of Ava and Tanya and Cora meeting her and Lauren and Joey's car crash and does anyone think the next few weeks of spoilers sound really good because I do?

Brannings overload! :sleep:
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    It is hard to compare like for like with other showings and more use iPlayer then ITVplayer but not over 2.5 million worth sorry it does not even come close to that amount in other ways of viewing it and showings not even close.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Brannings overload! :sleep:

Don't you like the Branning's if you don't like some of them which ones do you like? Do you like Max, Abi, Lauren and Tanya?
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you like the Branning's if you don't like some of them which ones do you like? Do you like Max, Abi, Lauren and Tanya?

It's not that I hate em I'm just sick of em.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that I hate em I'm just sick of em.

Do you like Max, Tanya, Lauren and Abi?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,217
    Forum Member
    That is appalling! :eek:

Not really, EE has been even lower then that before.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry Dan but the show has been absolute garbage for some time the only way the show will get better is if people don't watch it and hopefully producers will take note and give us back the soap Everyone was once talking about . You saying it will be back to normal on Monday does not help as it means you are willing to accept this crud as Eastenders when it certainly isn't the Eastenders i once knew and loved since 85 :(
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One low rating within weeks and weeks of steady, decent ratings?
    AXE THE SHOW. AXE THE SHOW. AXE THE SHOW.
    :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I am sorry Dan but the show has been absolute garbage for some time the only way the show will get better is if people don't watch it and hopefully producers will take note and give us back the soap Everyone was once talking about . You saying it will be back to normal on Monday does not help as it means you are willing to accept this crud as Eastenders when it certainly isn't the Eastenders i once knew and loved since 85 :(

Dan, like me, and many others actually like EE at the moment, it isn't perfect and can have it's boring episodes, like other soaps, I have liked this week, so have many others, some havn't, that's just the way it goes, but, I think come December, EE ratings will be up even higher, beatting ED again.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

This. And those saying the show has never been this bad before...it's been far worse than it is at the moment. Yeah it's not great, but it's not terrible.
    Forum Member

Yeah just axe it, be done with it, it's not like anyone watches anymore.

:p
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This^ 9.9m last xmas day (beating Downton when head to head * Downton came out top with Officials*

This year we have

The return of Bianca,Carol ,the kids and the rumoured return of
    David wicks

A Wedding

A Reveal

A Murder

Yes it did
    It was a Thursday in August:)

Last night was expected I thought and I posted in the TV ratings thread on Wednesday that Emmerdale will be it by quite a bit so im not at all surprised.

Nothing new then :)
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    This. And those saying the show has never been this bad before...it's been far worse than it is at the moment. Yeah it's not great, but it's not terrible.
    xTonix wrote: »
    Yeah just axe it, be done with it, it's not like anyone watches anymore.

:p

Why not. It only got 5.5 million. Terrible. Axe it now.
    :D
    Forum Member
    Why not. It only got 5.5 million. Terrible. Axe it now.
    :D

tut tut tut, the Cast and crew, BBC, everyone should be a shamed of themsevles, how dare they only pull that many viewers in, they need to all sit on the naughty step. How very, very dare they :mad:
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Course it wont be axed and will survive but I guess less people cared about these boresome twosome then some thought.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had EastEnders just fell to 5m fair enough but it has a reason. On Monday we will see EastEnders back up above Emmerdale. We have seen this all before....Dozens of times

dan2008 - Why have you said the same thing 4 times (so far, that's all I've read) in one thread? It's just annoying - I haven't watched EastEnders for yonks and you've put me off watching it even more!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yawn yet another EE bashing thread :rolleyes:

I didnt particularly enjoy EE last night but Emmerdale (40th anniversary ep aside) has been terrible this year and many emmerdale fans will admit that

Im sick of the constant tit for tat my soap is better than yours crap