Corrie: Sean/Violet & Jamie Storyline

Who else thinks this storyline is complete and utter Rubbish, I know this does on a rare occasion happen in real life, but I just find it very unbelievable.

Comments

• ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A gay man providing the wherewithal for a pregnancy is plausible. The bit I find hard to believe is that if Violet is supposed to find it difficult to conceive the likelihood of her conceiving first time via a turkey baster is pushing credibility a bit too far.
  • hattersfanhattersfan Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    A gay man providing the wherewithal for a pregnancy is plausible. The bit I find hard to believe is that if Violet is supposed to find it difficult to conceive the likelihood of her conceiving first time via a turkey baster is pushing credibility a bit too far.

The story line is tosh and I think Violet is more in need of a good psychiatrist rather than a midwife.

What fuels her obsession, no mania, to have a child? It's not as if she's in her forties; she's no dried up old spinster.

Also. how can she afford to look after a baby as she has little
    money. no real home and few other resources.

There's also the 'selfish Sean' factor; the mincing machinist just does what he wants to who he wants when he wants. He seems to have no morals (sleeps with his best friend's boyfriend for example) and the concept of him fathering Violet Lost-Hermarbles is, pardon the pun, half-arsed.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad someone agrees.. half baked storyline... something must go wrong though if Vi and Jamie are leaving.
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    I think this storyline really stretches credibility- I find it hard to believe that Violet was supposed to have trouble conceiving naturally and yet she's somehow managed to get pregnant straightaway via the turkey baster technique!!!! :eek:

Jenny Platt is such a fantastic actress and she deserves better than this. She's been so underrated in Corrie and, after a very promising start, the writers seemed to get bored with her :( They should never have split her and Jason up, they worked so well as a couple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this storyline really stretches credibility- I find it hard to believe that Violet was supposed to have trouble conceiving naturally and yet she's somehow managed to get pregnant straightaway via the turkey baster technique!!!! :eek:

Jenny Platt is such a fantastic actress and she deserves better than this. She's been so underrated in Corrie and, after a very promising start, the writers seemed to get bored with her :( They should never have split her and Jason up, they worked so well as a couple.

I had totally forgotten about her and Jason, I think she should get back with Jamie.
    Forum Member
    coruna wrote: »
    I had totally forgotten about her and Jason, I think she should get back with Jamie.

I thought her and Jamie made a really dull couple, to be honest :o I liked her and Jason together cos they were so different but it somehow worked well and they had great on screen chemistry too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought her and Jamie made a really dull couple, to be honest :o I liked her and Jason together cos they were so different but it somehow worked well and they had great on screen chemistry too :)

I don't think they will put them together though, since Vi and Jamie are leaving, it makes more sense.
    Forum Member
    I don't think they will put them together though, since Vi and Jamie are leaving, it makes more sense.

Yeah, I know they will never get back together :( I do think it makes more sense for Jamie and Violet to leave together seeing as they're both leaving.

Violet and Jason should never have split up in the first place though! :p Especially as it's landed us with the most annoying and cringeworthy couple in history, Sarah and Jason :eek: :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I know they will never get back together :( I do think it makes more sense for Jamie and Violet to leave together seeing as they're both leaving.

Violet and Jason should never have split up in the first place though! :p Especially as it's landed us with the most annoying and cringeworthy couple in history, Sarah and Jason :eek: :eek:

LOL. Amazingly they don't have that chemistry, Jase and Sarah, especially since they are an item in real life.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hattersfan wrote: »
    The story line is tosh and I think Violet is more in need of a good psychiatrist rather than a midwife.

What fuels her obsession, no mania, to have a child? It's not as if she's in her forties; she's no dried up old spinster.

There's also the 'selfish Sean' factor; the mincing machinist just does what he wants to who he wants when he wants. He seems to have no morals (sleeps with his best friend's boyfriend for example) and the concept of him fathering Violet Lost-Hermarbles is, pardon the pun, half-arsed.

I guess you don't like Sean then:)
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What got me was when Violet said, "I'm not get any younger, I'm running out of time!" What? She is only supposed to be 25...and she got pregnant first time after losing a fallopian tube.
  • nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Who else thinks this storyline is complete and utter Rubbish, I know this does on a rare occasion happen in real life, but I just find it very unbelievable.

I find it quite sick TBH.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Also when Sean ordered fertility tests on-line & told Violet it would take two weeks she said she couldn't possibly wait that long. What's two weeks on top of nine months? It's seems they're trying to rush the storyline along so they can tie it in with Jamie & Violets departure.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a gay friend who's provided sperm for a lesbian friend of his - so this kind of thing does happen in real life - but I agree with some of the posts on here - getting pregnant at first attempt when she has problems conceiving is unrealistic.
  • circling girlcircling girl Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    This storyline is f*cking rubbish.

Also
    The lovely Violet is leaving next year! Sob.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a gay friend who's provided sperm for a lesbian friend of his - so this kind of thing does happen in real life - but I agree with some of the posts on here - getting pregnant at first attempt when she has problems conceiving is unrealistic.

Ermm, Vi isn't lesbian and is quite capable of finding a guy to father a child without being tied to Sean, who quite frankly is a waste of space.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a better route to take than having an unknown male father your baby or, worse, have random one night stands or force a relationship just to get a baby. In the first instance it's unfair to use a man like that and not tell him your real intentions and in the second instance it's never gonna work!

It's just a shame that her only gay best friend happens to be one who is unreliable, untrustworthy and so self-centred
    that he will drop her at the first sniff of an interested bloke
    . Otherwise, I don't see a problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drakaina wrote: »
    I think it's a better route to take than having an unknown male father your baby or, worse, have random one night stands or force a relationship just to get a baby. In the first instance it's unfair to use a man like that and not tell him your real intentions and in the second instance it's never gonna work!

It's just a shame that her only gay best friend happens to be one who is unreliable, untrustworthy and so self-centred
    that he will drop her at the first sniff of an interested bloke
    . Otherwise, I don't see a problem.

So he is all the things she didn't want in a guy. Nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What got me was when Violet said, "I'm not get any younger, I'm running out of time!" What? She is only supposed to be 25...and she got pregnant first time after losing a fallopian tube.

It's something to do with her ectopic pregnancy, her time is more limited because of that.

I don't know the details
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but she doesn't want him as a guy, she wants him as a non-threatening sperm-donor who won't make demands on her and won't suddenly produce a new mummy for the baby.

Sady, he's her best option atm if she really believes she can't wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drakaina wrote: »
    Yes, but she doesn't want him as a guy, she wants him as a non-threatening sperm-donor who won't make demands on her and won't suddenly produce a new mummy for the baby.

Sady, he's her best option atm if she really believes she can't wait.

He isn't what I would call an ideal daddy, who is to say he won't find a partner and want the baby for himself?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    hattersfan wrote: »

Totally disagree. I am mot exactly a dried up old spinster myself, but I can quite understand the desperation of wanting to be a mother and not being in the situation to do anything about it. If I were in Vi's situation I would certainly consider it as an option - It has to be better than going out and having 1 night stands with strangers hoping to get preganant and forcing some bloke to become a father if he is not ready.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crdallig wrote: »
    Totally disagree. I am mot exactly a dried up old spinster myself, but I can quite understand the desperation of wanting to be a mother and not being in the situation to do anything about it. If I were in Vi's situation I would certainly consider it as an option - It has to be better than going out and having 1 night stands with strangers hoping to get preganant and forcing some bloke to become a father if he is not ready.

Sean isn't ready to be a dad either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Sean isn't ready to be a dad either.

It was his idea. He went into it with his eyes open.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe not, but...

If she doesn't take the opportunity now she may not get the opportunity to again. I don't think either of them are ready... but they are trying.