Options

Do you go to the cinema alone?

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a woman and I've been to the cinema alone before. I don't think I'd want to go late at night as that might be a bit creepy but have often just gone on a whim in the middle of the day cos I was bored or cos I really wanted to see a film that no one else was keen on.
  • Options
    LuigigurlLuigigurl Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I go by myself a lot. Like a couple of films a week. (And I'm a woman) My all time favourite one was when I went to see Waltz With Bashir. There were about 14 people there, all sitting alone and two guys who were together. At one point the two guys started speaking to each other, and the rest of us all turned and glared at them!

Honestly, I don't even give it a thought going by myself. I probably felt a tad nervous the first time I did it, but so many people have Unlimited cards now that there are always a fair few folk there on their own. I don't judge them, so why would anyone be judging me? And I get to see what I want, when I want. Frankly I prefer it to going with other people, which always just causes hassle.
  • Options
    TKDFanTKDFan Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always go alone (I'm a guy by the way).

I love my movies, and if I didn't go alone, I'd miss loads of great films, like Hotel for Dogs which I went to see last week. :D

Edit: Unlimited cards are great!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on the type of cinema too, there's six cinemas fairly close to me, five of which all show the same generic stuff and one independent cinema, it's the latter where I notice a lot more of the audience arriving on their own.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I envy you! All we have is a Screen cinema, it only has two screens and they decide what will be shown, so we don't get the chance to see lots of movies. If we had a multipex as well I wouldn't mind so much, but we don't so our choice is often severely limited.