Disgraceful - website betting on brave Jade's death

1111213141517»

Comments

• CheezburgerCheezburger Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Hey You wrote: »
    No there would've been countless threads on why she ONLY donated 100,000. If you cant see that then im suprised.

On the contrary, 100,000 is very generous, and I'm sure people would praise her for it.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Jade got The Daily Express this morning?
  • m185874m185874 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I wonder if Jade got The Daily Express this morning?

Why, has Princess Diana died again?
    Forum Member
    m185874 wrote: »

'Cancer cure a step closer'.

Ironic how this paper's owned by the same man who paid her all that cash for her wedding.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourpaper/view/2009-03-09
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No but there's a rumour circulating that the People's Princess MkII is on her way out. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why, if you find it disgraceful, do you give it free advertising by posting it here.?
    Forum Member
    'Cancer cure a step closer'.

Ironic how this paper's owned by the same man who paid her all that cash for her wedding.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourpaper/view/2009-03-09

Ta. The cure for cancer getting closer is a good thing, so she should be pleased. Now if we could only do something about the millions and millions of people who die of hunger and thirst every year.

Oh wait, we can. We just choose not to... :-(

Curing cancer isn't a priority as far as I am concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta. The cure for cancer getting closer is a good thing, so she should be pleased. Now if we could only do something about the millions and millions of people who die of hunger and thirst every year.

Oh wait, we can. We just choose not to... :-(

Curing cancer isn't a priority as far as I am concerned.

There's no profit in the cure, the profit is in the come back. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    snakestone wrote: »
    why would entire human race be suffering horribly? not everyone says bad thins about others who die. and karma is for real.

Aside from stating something as fact that you've got absolutely no way of proving, you've also misconstrued karma. Karma isn't saying something bad about someone and then getting hit by a bus the day afterwards, it's a cosmic tally chart (weighed up against the positive things of course) - you'll pay for your misdeeds in your next life.
    Forum Member
    Skolastyka wrote: »
    Aside from stating something as fact that you've got absolutely no way of proving, you've also misconstrued karma. Karma isn't saying something bad about someone and then getting hit by a bus the day afterwards, it's a cosmic tally chart (weighed up against the positive things of course) - you'll pay for your misdeeds in your next life.

That sounds like something from that little book of Jewish fairy tales that so many people believe - or like to pretend to, at least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skolastyka wrote: »

Not necessarily. It can come back on you in THIS life too, or I believe so anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    It looks like they have had a few new members join since this was posted.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like they have had a few new members join since this was posted.

I like the idea of the "Irate Guests Rant Here" thread, you don't even have to register! I haven't availed myself of the opportunity, but I might have a go at this, which lots of them seem to be in:

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/

Plenty of time to compose a team!
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of the "Irate Guests Rant Here" thread, you don't even have to register! I haven't availed myself of the opportunity, but I might have a go at this, which lots of them seem to be in:

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/

Plenty of time to compose a team!

Some of the team names on there are hilarious! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know !

Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now :D
    Owt To Stop Me Coffin :D:D
    How Clean Is Your Hearse :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I know !

Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now :D
    Owt To Stop Me Coffin :D:D
    How Clean Is Your Hearse :D:D:D

I liked 'I Kissed a Corpse and I Liked It' :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    So not many of you think this is disgraceful then - that's disgraceful in itself.
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So not many of you think this is disgraceful then - that's disgraceful in itself.

I can't say I find it disgraceful per se - it's discussion on an outcome. We have discussions on outcomes every day. I could have a discussion with you about whether or not the world will end tomorrow. We could invest a lot of emotion into it. It would be ghoulish to a degree, but at the end of the day we're having a discourse.

I think finding something like that 'disgraceful,' and then calling those who don't condemn it 'disgraceful' themselves is a little bit melodramatic. You may disagree with people talking about this outcome (Jade's death), but it's in the public eye, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to talk about it and muse about when it will happen.

We treat death as too much of a taboo. People die every day. It is sad, it is awful, it is painful and it is uncomfortable, but they do, you know. You'll die, I'll die, Jade Goody will die... no difference. It is easy to treat it as a subject to steer clear of, but at the end of the day aren't we then giving in to our own fears? Why are we not allowed to discuss when Jade will die, just as we might discuss when a celebrity's baby is due? In one, life is being created. In another, life is ending. But why is one 'disgraceful' and the other so accepted? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In any case, there is no betting on that site as far as I can see, so your thread title is misleading.

It's just a discussion site albeit one with a dark theme, but as Elena says, death is ever-present in life and comes to all. Black humour has always been part of the way we deal with that knowledge.

Anyway, if you feel that strongly, why not go over there and have a rant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    I can't say I find it disgraceful per se - it's discussion on an outcome. We have discussions on outcomes every day. I could have a discussion with you about whether or not the world will end tomorrow. We could invest a lot of emotion into it. It would be ghoulish to a degree, but at the end of the day we're having a discourse.

I think finding something like that 'disgraceful,' and then calling those who don't condemn it 'disgraceful' themselves is a little bit melodramatic. You may disagree with people talking about this outcome (Jade's death), but it's in the public eye, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to talk about it and muse about when it will happen.

We treat death as too much of a taboo. People die every day. It is sad, it is awful, it is painful and it is uncomfortable, but they do, you know. You'll die, I'll die, Jade Goody will die... no difference. It is easy to treat it as a subject to steer clear of, but at the end of the day aren't we then giving in to our own fears? Why are we not allowed to discuss when Jade will die, just as we might discuss when a celebrity's baby is due? In one, life is being created. In another, life is ending. But why is one 'disgraceful' and the other so accepted? :confused:

hooray, a voice of reason out in the cyber world :)
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »

There is a clear case of double-standards all the way through this farce of a "news story".

On the one hand we have all the bleeding-heart crocodile-tear-shedding cretins who shout at the top of their shrill little voices when folk complain about the saturation coverage this tiny little story is getting in the media and how Goody wasn't worth the attention she got while healthy and certainly doesn't deserve it now she's dying. They whinge like crazy when people say they don't care whether she's alive or dead, and heaven help anyone who actually says they want the whole sorry farce over.

But on the other hand, those self-same cretins are investing huge sums of time and money reading every dribbled little story from her deathbed passed through the cleansing filters of her PR team - how she is in pain, how she's lost her hair, how she's going blind and no doubt soon how she seems to be growing a third leg or something.

It's almost as though they are defending their entertainment - like those pointless pub arguments over which is best out of Eastenders, Corrie or Emmerdale. Their entertainment is to watch in minute detail as Goody snuffs it, and they hate with a vengeance anyone who suggests that them all metaphorically standing around the gallows is not a particularly edifying spectacle.

Sick b***ards, all of them.
  • TwinkzTwinkz Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    There is a clear case of double-standards all the way through this farce of a "news story".

On the one hand we have all the bleeding-heart crocodile-tear-shedding cretins who shout at the top of their shrill little voices when folk complain about the saturation coverage this tiny little story is getting in the media and how Goody wasn't worth the attention she got while healthy and certainly doesn't deserve it now she's dying. They whinge like crazy when people say they don't care whether she's alive or dead, and heaven help anyone who actually says they want the whole sorry farce over.

But on the other hand, those self-same cretins are investing huge sums of time and money reading every dribbled little story from her deathbed passed through the cleansing filters of her PR team - how she is in pain, how she's lost her hair, how she's going blind and no doubt soon how she seems to be growing a third leg or something.

It's almost as though they are defending their entertainment - like those pointless pub arguments over which is best out of Eastenders, Corrie or Emmerdale. Their entertainment is to watch in minute detail as Goody snuffs it, and they hate with a vengeance anyone who suggests that them all metaphorically standing around the gallows is not a particularly edifying spectacle.

Sick b***ards, all of them.

I am not sure I would go as far as that, but by the same token I have never really understood the fascination people have with celebrity health (and death in this case). Perhaps it is a diversion from something?
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many people also don't like the fact that the very papers who were calling her 'a pig' and 'vile' and calling for her to be taken of TV after Shilpagate are now calling her 'brave' too. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I've nothing else to add. The 'brave?' question's already been asked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It happens.

And she's no more brave than ordinary people dying from cancer - a fact which has been pointed out by many on here.

Not being "more brave" does not mean that she is not being brave. Please give her the same respect that you would give others in her situation.
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's more the point that people who were not long ago calling her racist scum are now praising her bravery as if she's the only person to deal with it.

I'm not knocking her. I'm not saying she should die. Your post wasn't even directed at me. I'm not sure what I'm saying.