Options

help please

Hi,

Can anybody please advise me as to how to connect these panasonic items to-gether.dmre55 dvd recorder, nvhv vcr and tx32dtx10 tv.your help would be very much appreciated

lasfur

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Depends what you want to do - do you want to copy VHS tapes onto dvd, or just use the VHS and dvd player as sources?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most versatile solution:

VCR AV2 ---> E55 AV2 (set input to composite)
    E55 AV1 (set out to RGB for playback) ---> TV AV1 (RGB)

If you want to watch VCR tapes while recording terrestrial on DVDR add a second scart from VCR AV1 ---> TV AV2.

Rgds,
    Scorp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Thank you, I will try it

regards

lasfur
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cyberdog wrote:
    Depends what you want to do - do you want to copy VHS tapes onto dvd, or just use the VHS and dvd player as sources?

Thank you for your reply. I got a disabled son and want to copy his favorite videos on to dvds and use the ram on the dvd to record his TV programmes. I am a novice to all this and would appreciate any advise you can give me.
    regards
    lasfur
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    if they are prerecorded videos does copy protection stop you copying to dvd??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    no they are mostly old programmes that i recorded for him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    If you use the connections suggested by Scorpio, you will be able to copy your old vhs tapes to dvd.
    For recording tv programmes, the E55 has a built in terrestial tuner (and timer, just like a video!) for BBC1&2, ITV, CH4 and CH5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you all for your help.