Options

So Who Do YOU Blame For Rachel Going Home?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    The reason Rachel went home was down t herself.

Noone could connect with her because she didnt know herself who she was.

Firstly, the crazy hairstyle doesnt say 'nice lass'. But then she changed it anyway.

Secondly, she then turned into Stacey for one day and then bounce back to 'normal' for this week......

.......I dont think people could identify with who she was.....she should have had her nice bob haircut and sweet manner from the start...she may have done better but the GBP dont like 'moulders'.
  • Options
    americandreameramericandreamer Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Kedece wrote: »
    Rachel... shes just not likeable. Came across as big headed at the judges house, tried to copy Stacey, just not a likeable person.

Ditto.

Oh and the unatural head tic she adopted when she sang...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Who do I blame, well the public of course for not voting for her, but having said that she was not my cuppa tea and again tonight I found her whole attitude on the Xtra factor over the top and very ME I am IT.
  • Options
    pinkfishpinkfish Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    IMO .. Rachel

1 .. had no Identity as such , her hair style was originally short with an orange streak , not a great look but if she / it was her.. like Jamie's afro is !why change so soon, this gives no visual identity to who she is..
    2.. Vocally perfect singer , But I felt she sang at me and not to me
    3 that dress was awful!! and the Belt didn't help
    4... song Choice awful each time .. yes she could sing the yellow pages but go back to point 2.. she sang it at me not to me.. no connection sorry !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Great points Pinkfish, I agree she sang at you not to you as well, which is not endearing
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like danni but as a mentor she can take some of the blame for not sorting out Rachel's image earlier and giving her a bad song choice first week.
    the first impression people got of rachel wasn't a good one
  • Options
    rodrod3rodrod3 Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simon!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I was happy with that result, so I feel indifferent. If you haven't got the votes, you haven't got the votes.

BUT there's an awful lot of threads being posted, laying blame with different people.

Simon, Lloyd, John & Edward, Cheryl... or, the public?

First...
    I blame all the judges for putting Jedward through to Judges Houses.

Then...
    I blame Louis for allowing them into the live shows

Then...
    I blame Simon for being spineless and taking it to deadlock

Last...
    I blame the Brish voting public

There, got that off my chest...now letes get on with the show.

Now my fave has gone, I am getting behing Olly, Lucie and Stacey
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Alan Johnson MP. He's got everything else wrong. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    feistyfeisty Posts: 2,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    Simon, should have just made a decision, instead of letting it go to public vote. If he chose the wee Laddie, fine, but he should have chosen.

Why should Simon have chosen????....:confused:

The purpose of this show is for the winner to sell records bought by the public...Rachel has been in the sing off 3 times and has been there because of public votes....

Dont you think this means she is not popular....:rolleyes: therefore would not sell records...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about her ******* personality - this is meant to be a talent competition and she had one of the best voices in the whole thing as well as being a capable performer...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Rachel should have stayed in the competition, because she is a much better and stronger singer than Lloyd. It shouldn't have gone to deadlock, but Simon was only trying to be fair. I think Cheryl made a huge mistake with Lloyd's song choice on Saturday night, his voice is just not strong enough to be a solo artist, but he would be great in a boyband.

AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T VOTE FOR THE TWINS ANYMORE, THEY MIGHT HAVE THE FUN FACTOR BUT THEY DEFINITELY HAVEN'T GOT THE X FACTOR!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel should have stayed in the competition, because she is a much better and stronger singer than Lloyd. It shouldn't have gone to deadlock, but Simon was only trying to be fair. I think Cheryl made a huge mistake with Lloyd's song choice on Saturday night, his voice is just not strong enough to be a solo artist, but he would be great in a boyband.

AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T VOTE FOR THE TWINS ANYMORE, THEY MIGHT HAVE THE FUN FACTOR BUT THEY DEFINITELY HAVEN'T GOT THE X FACTOR!!!

Very good post Felicity. I agree with all you have said.
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looking back on it tere really isnt anyone to blame

i still say take away judges votes anyway theyve been pointless this year going to deadlock every week

rachel seemed very arrogant on the xtra factor though going on about how the public didnt give her a voice and she'll make it like jls

er if the public dont buy your records love u wont make it with ot without a voice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    She sings better when she has a choice of songs.
  • Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just get the feeling that in the X-factor great scheme of things, Rachel was never meant to last long. She is to similar to Alexandra to place highly only one year later. She was horribly styled, her initial song choices didn't really suit (hence the flat singing) and she has had no publicity - she was practically invisible compared to the others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    Simon, should have just made a decision, instead of letting it go to public vote. If he chose the wee Laddie, fine, but he should have chosen.

Simon DID make a decision. He chose Lloyd.

Do you really think that he didn't know what the result of the public vote was?
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    I think it's quite clear why Rachel was constantly in the bottom two.
    Considering the winner last year who herself wasn't very popular with the public or this forum and that she sang better than a few other contestants including the other girls in some weeks.

i think i must be misunderstanding your point, because if alexandra "wasn't very popular with the public" how did she win and then go on to have two number one singles?

DS has a habit of thinking and voting very differently to the GBP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foxie3 wrote: »
    Simon DID make a decision. He chose Lloyd.

Do you really think that he didn't know what the result of the public vote was?

exactly.

he had his reasons for keeping lloyd in and sending rachel home, and that's his decision.

i would imagine either all the judges know, or simon does at the very least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy with that result, so I feel indifferent. If you haven't got the votes, you haven't got the votes.

BUT there's an awful lot of threads being posted, laying blame with different people.

Simon, Lloyd, John & Edward, Cheryl... or, the public?

Quite Simply......her. Rachel only herself to blame. She lacked something which did not help the public warm to her. Simple as!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously the public did vote her out however, Simon has criticised Lloyd constantly throughout the competition so far and has praised Rachel for the past 2 weeks.

In my opinion, Simon is to blame however I di appreciate that it is the voting public wanted her to go.
  • Options
    RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    forestlad wrote: »
    What's the point of having a sing off? What they say is forget everything beforehand, it's all about the sing off. Rachel sang in tune, held her notes and did very well. Lloyd didn't do any of it and should have gone.
    Talent contest, not popularity, Jedwod aren't talented and shouldn't be there.

Totally agree, the sing off has become pointless as 3 of the 4 weeks have gone to deadlock and public vote.

Simon is to blame, and he can't complain about the twins now as he had a chance to put the best singer through but didn't.
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure we can blame the fact that she is a black female for her elimination. The X Factor voters tend to be quite keen on women from ethnic minority backgrounds. The top female has only ever been white on one occassion in 5 series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RocknRolla wrote: »
    Totally agree, the sing off has become pointless as 3 of the 4 weeks have gone to deadlock and public vote.

Simon is to blame, and he can't complain about the twins now as he had a chance to put the best singer through but didn't.

deadlock has never been used so much in previous years, has it?