Something odd about Rory's hospital ID Badge - look at this pic...

Comments

• alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    paulgee31 wrote: »
    I go with the mistake theory as opposed to reading too much into it. The vehicles where definitely modern.

Paul.

WhoNews - the iPhone app for all the latest news on Doctor Who www.moonboom.com

Surely the production crew would have spotted this, especially as it was used in such a close up shot?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching confidential and the effort they put into making the village look right even down to the postcards it seems like a silly mistake to make especially for a shot that was zoomed in and held still for a while.

Loved the way they did those shots, that is a lot of effort!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I don't think the ID is a mistake. I think it has something to do with the series arc and will become important later. Don't underestimate SM, the man is brilliant!
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its a sign that Moffat has an ageist agenda.

C'mon, he's the showrunner, he's got to have an agenda, right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the if something happens in the WWII episode that changes the future. One result could be faster advances in technology. This would put the universe in paradox hence the crack in the wall and possibly other places in future episodes.

Probably way off but its fun to speculate a little. :)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that we have seen this means the production team have, several times, and didn't do anything about it. They could easily have editied it in post, especially considering it's a still, just a bit of airbrushing. There's 2 possibilities - it's genuinely a mistake and they left it in to wind us up (which it has lol) or it has importance to the overall story.

If Amy doesn't recognise the Daleks in episode 3 then there's DEFINITELY something going on. The Doctor takes her from 2010 when there have been Daleks and Cybermen the world over and the Earth has been dragged across the galaxy and back!!
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Amy doesn't recognise the Daleks in episode 3 then there's DEFINITELY something going on. The Doctor takes her from 2010 when there have been Daleks and Cybermen the world over and the Earth has been dragged across the galaxy and back!!

Everyone on modern-day Earth always seems quite shocked when aliens turn up - regardless of the amount of times the planet's been invaded now!

Amy could always have been at a party with Donna, as she always seemed to miss all the alien invasions.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    As far as seeing the Millenium Dome is concerned - the TARDIS is heard materialising in (young) Amy's garden rather than crashing.

So it could have jogged back in time a few of years (between us seeing it fly over the Dome and 'crashing' in Amelia's garden).

Maybe the Dome 'flyover' was present day and young Amelia's garden was 14 years ago. Making 'adult' Amy's world present day.
  • PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    Plus the Millennium Dome was present when the doctor was hurtling down to see Amelia Pond - 14 years later puts the end of the episode set in about 2013 (at least)...

Then again when Amelia is 'praying' to Santa you hear the sound of the TARDIS materialising meaning it's possible it jumped into that time period before crashing.

/EDIT Doh, Mulett already said it :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I think its a sign that Moffat has an ageist agenda.

C'mon, he's the showrunner, he's got to have an agenda, right?

I think the moffs agenda is a scottish, ginger, beans are evil and legs agenda.
  • stuartmckstuartmck Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Big Steve wrote: »
    I think the moffs agenda is a scottish, ginger, beans are evil and legs agenda.

And long may the legs agenda continue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stuartmck wrote: »
    And long may the legs agenda continue.

More so with Amy Pond :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think that we haven't seen the last of Zainab? I can't believe she was only used in 2 scenes. I just get the feeling she will be back.
    Forum Member
    Watching confidential and the effort they put into making the village look right even down to the postcards it seems like a silly mistake to make especially for a shot that was zoomed in and held still for a while.

Loved the way they did those shots, that is a lot of effort!

yeah, exactly, they even got the postcards in the stand outside the post office to be authentic...
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Zainab
    erener wrote: »
    Zainab?

Hehe. That's all I could think too. :D
  • Miss_QwertyMiss_Qwerty Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Just to add my paranoid delusions into the mix -

I think theres something up with the colour red. Don't ask me what, I have no idea but if you watch the episode theres an awful lot of red standing out against green or blue backgrounds. Yes I realise at this point I sound like a loony, but the camera lingered for ages on Rorys red pen, plus young Amy was wearing a lot of red, old Amy had red painted nails, there was a boy in a red jumper run straight infront of the camera, red on her front door...

Ok back to my bottle of wine now :o
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone said it's best if this is a "reboot" in every sense from the writers point of view. Else Amy would have been aware of all those big events that RTD liked to do.

So it's a different timeline to the last 5 years and all that santa stuff didn't happen, hence the cracks maybe?

I hope this series is all personal stories that the rest of the world is unaware of. A bit of a bad start in that regard really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    He may be a vampire ... he will also be appearing in "Vampires in Venice".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Williams
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    *stakes everything I own on it being a typo*
    Forum Member
    *stakes everything I own on it being a typo*

Can I have yr X Box?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Can I have yr X Box?

Perhaps I was being unclear, the total bet amounts to about £7.20 :D
    Forum Member
    Perhaps I was being unclear, the total bet amounts to about £7.20 :D

lol, fair enough :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add my paranoid delusions into the mix -

I think theres something up with the colour red. Don't ask me what, I have no idea but if you watch the episode theres an awful lot of red standing out against green or blue backgrounds. Yes I realise at this point I sound like a loony, but the camera lingered for ages on Rorys red pen, plus young Amy was wearing a lot of red, old Amy had red painted nails, there was a boy in a red jumper run straight infront of the camera, red on her front door...

Ok back to my bottle of wine now :o

Just rewatched Ep1 with this in mind.
    There's certainly something in it because its exactly the same shade each time. Nothing links the objects. It may well be a clue for the 'rumoured' appearance of 'the red people' late in the series, first seen in Capt. Jack's alien bar sequence.

On the Tardis controls there is something that looks like a red shoe. Dorothy and Oz reference ??
  • shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    Just rewatched Ep1 with this in mind.
    There's certainly something in it because its exactly the same shade each time. Nothing links the objects. It may well be a clue for the 'rumoured' appearance of 'the red people' late in the series, first seen in Capt. Jack's alien bar sequence.

On the Tardis controls there is something that looks like a red shoe. Dorothy and Oz reference ??

This is a bit boring of me, but I suspect that that particular red is just one of the 'palette' colours for this episode. It's just a way of giving a tv programme a consistent feel and look. Loads of tv programmes do it ('Ashes to Ashes' does it to death!), but they have fewer devoted fans to spot/analyse/discuss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    messyeater wrote: »
    He may be a vampire ... he will also be appearing in "Vampires in Venice".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Williams

A vampire doesnt age so there may be something in this. Perhaps he was bitten in 1990?