Eastenders Complainers - Why are people so touchy/annoying??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm sorry to ramble but 5 months ago my dad died and i was watching eastenders and billys death/funeral brought it all back because it was on tv a few days after my dad died. Anyway, i didnt complain if anything i got on with it and realised things like that happen in life and it helped.

Now, most of these people who are complaining about the eastenders baby storyline have probably never even been through that and they are jumping on the 'get on your high horse and complain' bandwagon.

So silly, its JUST a soap and thats all it is. Thanks.

Comments

• bhvictorybhvictory Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the whole point of soaps, to mirror real life....

I don't know why people even bother writing in and complaining all the time..... There's not a storyline you can do at any time of year without risk of causing offence to some people, the only difference is in soapland, the stories are just pretend, not real, etc........

You're right it is absolutely pathetic when people complain....

Sorry to hear of your father anyway.... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all complain about things, it's in our nature; it really is as simple as that. Agreed, some complain more than others (especially in forums like this with wum's hiding behind keyboards). To be honest alot of people who held your opinion on this story relished the complainers posts, so they could disagree and have a little moan back. Just try not to let it bother you. :)
  • bhvictorybhvictory Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but when people complain, sometimes the programme responds by changing or shortening storylines that they planned to do for longer or different.

Like the baby swap storyline ending early because some idiots complained about a story that's not even real.....

It spoils it for people who enjoy watching the show really.
  • markatmarkat Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    A better question would be why do people get offended when people complain about EastEnders, like it's a personal affront to your integrity.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bhvictory wrote: »
    but when people complain, sometimes the programme responds by changing or shortening storylines that they planned to do for longer or different.

Like the baby swap storyline ending early because some idiots complained about a story that's not even real.....

It spoils it for people who enjoy watching the show really.

I so agree BVictory. It's my favourite storyline and it should have lasted a year imo. Even Patsy Palmer didn't have a problem with the storyline, according to her interview.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    What really annoys me is that stupid message they tag on at the end of some story lines stating how to get help if you have been affected. Surely anyone who is affected should stop watching.
    If the programme makers really don't wish to upset anyone why put it out in the first place :confused: