Melody Pond - Mels - etc. Questions .

Comments

• MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    Genuinely, I'd forgotten about that:o!

You wouldn't have to recall it specifically. Things like that leak into your conciousness.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are they still looking for baby Melody? or has that been passed by and now Melody is River? Was River from LKH an alternate future River and baby Melody is still with madam K?
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    So are they still looking for baby Melody? or has that been passed by and now Melody is River? Was River from LKH an alternate future River and baby Melody is still with madam K?

No. Melody became Mels, then became River. That's it, as far as I can see. Why would there be more to it than that?
    Forum Member
    No. Melody became Mels, then became River. That's it, as far as I can see. Why would there be more to it than that?

Possibly - a complete rewind that give baby Melody back to Amy and Rory and lets Amy, Rory and River bow out gracefully from the show.

Don't forget, River has been travelling back from her future to her own past. She could still "undo" the harm that was done to her as a baby.

Bear in mind, that future River has been incredibly cagey about revealing anything - she knew who and what she was and did nothing obvious to prevent or change anything - yet felt the need to watch it all happen.

I wouldn't write-off that early part of Melody's life just yet.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so if we're gonna see River again then it's not continuing in reverse , 'cos we saw the beginning of River in this ep .

Fair enough. They don't meet precisely in reverse. The last time we do see River is probably gonna be the lead up to her death, which we've already seen.
  • Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    I believe I read this on another thread a long time ago, so I can't take credit for it as an original idea. I can see one possible way of resurrecting River with a new actress. She gets uploaded from CAL into a new body using some tech The Doctor discovers.
    Forum Member
    I believe I read this on another thread a long time ago, so I can't take credit for it as an original idea. I can see one possible way of resurrecting River with a new actress. She gets uploaded from CAL into a new body using some tech The Doctor discovers.

Who gets to chose the body?
  • AJ1000AJ1000 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Has anyone considered that they will kill the doctor at the end of this series and end the show? All talk of another season is another Moffat misdirection?
    Forum Member

I thought that the first time I heard the theory as well and just let it go. However, this thread made me think about it again. It could be some person who's had an accident and their personality/mind were destroyed beyond recovery. Someone with no living relatives and they are being cared for in a hospital. Probably a very daft idea. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that the first time I heard the theory as well and just let it go. However, this thread made me think about it again. It could be some person who's had an accident and their personality/mind were destroyed beyond recovery. Someone with no living relatives and they are being cared for in a hospital. Probably a very daft idea. :o

Hi Bruce :)

Ever considered the possibility of a Flesh avatar circa 22nd Century being able to house River's personality...? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJ1000 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered that they will kill the doctor at the end of this series and end the show? All talk of another season is another Moffat misdirection?

That would be a 'no'.
    Forum Member
    Hi Bruce :)

Ever considered the possibility of a Flesh avatar circa 22nd Century being able to house River's personality...? ;)

I have now! But one bad sonic accident and you get a flowing river! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have now! But one bad sonic accident and you get a flowing river! ;)

:D:D:D:D

Putting my serious hat on for a millisecond, wouldn't she be stabilised by the TARDIS though? Would that make her immune to the Sonic?
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D:D

Putting my serious hat on for a millisecond, wouldn't she be stabilised by the TARDIS though? Would that make her immune to the Sonic?

I really don't know. I'd have to leave that to the experts to decide (cue Minky or one of the other more intelligent people)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    My guessing is that
    River is still fighting inside, she will probably have to report to those who sent her on the killing mission and then she will eventually find the Doctor on the shore of the lake. And kill him. He downloaded that data from the robot and he knows that's a fixed point in time, i doubt he'll go "time lord victorious" all over again. So for the rest of the series he will be figuring out the way (prob. with alternate timeline (we remember those bits from last episode(s)?)) to survive that murder and somehow finally turn Melody into River. Also, robot had different "files" on River Song and Melody Pond, it seems.. Might be that Melody was never punished for killing the Doctor because River took the blame and went to prison?

So we still have Melody that'in the process of turning to River. When she's done with her past - she's River.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member

I don't think that those stable gangers are immune to sonic. They just won't suddenly start to mutate to pure Flesh ;)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't the memories of Melody have been put in Amy and Rory's mind, and actually have never happened?

Like how they wiped Donna's mind from remembering her adventures, can't the timelords somehow implant memories that seem to have been real? I'm sure it's happened before, but doubting myself.

Would explain how Melody could have been living alongside Amy and Rory, possibly without parents.
  • jodojodo Posts: 279
    Forum Member

I'd probably still choose Alex Kingston's body! Mmmm...

But I'll give it some thought - I don't mind taking on the dirty jobs. I'm selfless like that! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    ICEman_c81 wrote: »
    I don't think that those stable gangers are immune to sonic. They just won't suddenly start to mutate to pure Flesh ;)

I think your right as otherwise Amy wouldn’t have melted from the sonic screwdriver if the TARDIS stabilises completely. Unless there was a special button the Doctor had to press to do so!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I may have got it totally wrong, but aren't there still two Doctors floating around? One of whom brought Melody / Mels / River up - hence the crib and the comment at the end of Ep 6?

And whoever shot the Doctor in Ep 1 knew that he had two hearts - what if that was the other Doctor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buzzy Bee wrote: »
    I may have got it totally wrong, but aren't there still two Doctors floating around? One of whom brought Melody / Mels / River up - hence the crib and the comment at the end of Ep 6?

And whoever shot the Doctor in Ep 1 knew that he had two hearts - what if that was the other Doctor?

I have no idea what you're talking about. There were never two Doctors and the Doctor never raised Melody. The crib was his!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what you're talking about. There were never two Doctors and the Doctor never raised Melody. The crib was his!

Hi Ting :)

I think Susan may have slept in that cot too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Ting :)

I think Susan may have slept in that cot too :)

Entirely possible, I agree.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member
    One question I have is that if the girl in the spacesuit was young Melody/River, then why did River seem to genuinely have no memory of the spacesuit etc?

Mels remembered regenerating in New York, so surely River would remember all of that too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    One question I have is that if the girl in the spacesuit was young Melody/River, then why did River seem to genuinely have no memory of the spacesuit etc?

Mels remembered regenerating in New York, so surely River would remember all of that too.

Spoilers :)