Is anyone else utterly BORED by X Factor this year?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dude, you're 2 shows in!...

i get what you're saying about the format, but for me, it's that there seems to be a lot more filler, or they give too long to one particular act. + the freakin' adds! and anyone with a sob story should get a verbal backhand in an "oh fgs grow up and get over it" kind of way.

in saying that, i can remember allmost every act so far, whereas last year i can barely remember who was in the final. i have literally no recollection of anything up until that point, except perhaps nicole schyerareawer filling in and pleasently surprising me, as i'd always heard stories that she was a bit of a b****, but i thought she seemed quite good back then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reccomend you stop posting also

lol. brilliant. and so true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think i may have forgot to mention in my last posts that i absolutely LOVE the new panel! they are exactly what was needed, and i wouldn't have sat through another year of cowell/cole smugfest. it ACTUALLY made me feel sick. i think this year's going to be great now. just waiting for louis to go, then it should be brill!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hate the lack of auditions shown. :(

I'd prefer to just see the auditionees introduce themselves into the camera, go on stage, sing, get the judges comments and that's it. I hate all this unnecessary waffle about backgrounds and why they are auditioning and stuff.
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the first week, hated last week. If tonight is even half as poor as last week was, I think I'll give up. I'm only watching tonight because the watch-along thread on here is always entertaining.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a bit too early for this thread..... at least let it get to live shows before you decide your bored -)
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's never been about 'musical talent' or 'finding a recording artist'. It's ALL about ITV selling ad space and Cowell adding to his fortune.:sleep:
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the audition format. I much preferred it before. I don't like Kelly 'con-grad -julations' Rowland
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It started well its ok but I want it to hurry up to bootcamp and beyond.

I think its only about two weeks left after this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No

*filler*
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the new panel, think they have added something new, they all have that attitude which they can back up, as all the new judges have been there and done it, so that part of this series is really good.

The thing I hate, and I mean hate about the auditions show is this, as take tonight's show for example, there were 3 young singers, I think they were all 16 and all of them could really sing and sounded good, but we were lucky to see about 15 seconds each of them singing, but we get the idiot that was Michael Jackson last year and he was on for about 7 or 8 minutes. He was crap last year and even worse this year, so why do ITV even put these idiots back on the telly, OK I know it gets a reaction, but it ruins the show to the point where I do not enjoy watching it. If they did not show the idiots returning when they have a bad attitude or are really bad, then they would stop coming and would not need to be shown.

We seem to miss out on seeing and hearing really good singers, because ITV want to show the crap singers that cause a bit of controversy. It is called the X Factor because it is about singing, not about making a idiot of yourself and then coming back next year to do it again.

I know it is never going to change, but it really annoys me that we are shown so many idiots with a complete lack of talent, over acts that can actually sing. So in answer to the question, I am bored by that part of the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bored by it this year. Loving the new judges.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't take all this judges and audience going ape over someone who can manage to carry a tune even though they sing very ordinary.
    The girl Jade to me just sounded like an Adele cloan. Nice girl nice enough voice but hardly original.
    Even Louis was at it with the tears. The show has lost the whole plot.
    It was better when it was in a room in front of the three judges and no editing. Seeing all the hopefuls who could sing or couldn't sing.
    The pannel. I like Gary but not stuck on Kelly and Tulisa.Louis I can take or leave. Its not the same without Simon Cowell.
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not bored by it this year. Loving the new judges.

yep, agreed
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching for the first time in years, so I'm not bored. I love the new judges, I love the different feel of the show it's much kinder and more about the contestants than the judges and that's how it should be.

I'm really enjoying the lack of the Simon and Cheryl show and it feels far more about the music than the looks of the contestants.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't take all this judges and audience going ape over someone who can manage to carry a tune even though they sing very ordinary.
    The girl Jade to me just sounded like an Adele cloan. Nice girl nice enough voice but hardly original.
    Even Louis was at it with the tears. The show has lost the whole plot.
    It was better when it was in a room in front of the three judges and no editing. Seeing all the hopefuls who could sing or couldn't sing.
    The pannel. I like Gary but not stuck on Kelly and Tulisa.Louis I can take or leave. Its not the same without Simon Cowell.

I don't get how you expect them to be original when it's just glorified karaoke. They've got 90 seconds to a backing track.

And I really don't understand all the comparisons between Adele and Jade, they both have very different tones to their voices. :confused: Adele's is throaty and very powerful, Jade had a much warmer, softer tone to her voice, not as good imo, but beautiful nonetheless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Janet is the only act who's made an impression with me. Makes me so angry when I think of the all the amazing singers sent home by the producers just so the wackos can get onstage and make "good telly" grr!
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that XFactor reached it's peak two years ago.

I still watch it hoping to see an amazing talent....so far... nothing special.
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that XFactor reached it's peak two years ago.

I still watch it hoping to see an amazing talent....so far... nothing special.

X Factor reached its peak with Leona Lewis.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    If you don't watch whats the point of posting
    its a discussion board whats there to discuss if you don't watch

Yeh that's right because you are not allowed to have views and opinions and express them:mad:

What a small minded post
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Yeh that's right because you are not allowed to have views and opinions and express them:mad:

What a small minded post

You can't express views if you don't watch the programme
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    It's never been about 'musical talent' or 'finding a recording artist'. It's ALL about ITV selling ad space and Cowell adding to his fortune.:sleep:

Thats it in a nutshell !!!
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A poor show last night and if next week is the last week of the auditions it won't be a surprise.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »

Which is why Cowell has signed multiple singers to his label? I think you're half right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A poor show last night and if next week is the last week of the auditions it won't be a surprise.

There 4 audition shows left mate were not even half way