Do you picture posters by posting style?

1313233343537»

Comments

• epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda wrote: »
    dear god, was there another one of those?? i swear we should just ask tom to make it a stickie !

Aerik (sp?) from Hawaii said the same thing!
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda wrote: »
    dear god, was there another one of those?? i swear we should just ask tom to make it a stickie !

I like the photo on his
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am annoyed, you have my pic on there :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Woodsy, the thing that strikes me about you is how UN bitter you are.

You're clearly political in your views but just accepted that you lost that money and found a way of living with it.

I admire you enormously for that xxxxxx

I've always loved you:):)

I'm just an old guy living my life the best I can with a lovely wife in the place we love. We don't have a lot but don't owe anyone anything.:):)
  • KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Aerik (sp?) from Hawaii said the same thing!

he did? see, no joke there!
    dylan99 wrote: »
    I like the photo on his

:eek: tom?? thanks for that visual...there go all my dreams :rolleyes:

good night x
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angel1ka wrote: »
    Ever since you posted that bit of information (quite some time ago, I think) I have pictured you like this or this...something in that vicinity anyway...

Before that I didn't know you well enough, but I might have gone for something with dreads...or maybe not, shaved head would also have done...I think...nothing *too* hippiesh anyway, something a bit edgier.

I definitely got your age wrong though, I always thought early to mid 30s, but then I think later I realised you were a bit older? Or am I thinking of somebody else? (you are older than that, right?)

I'll be 39 next month. Actually, I did used to have dreads... then I shaved them off, so you're kind of right on both counts.
  • SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    I'll be 39 next month. Actually, I did used to have dreads... then I shaved them off, so you're kind of right on both counts.

I always make mental pictures of posters based on their posting style. Not very detailed ones, more a kind of vague 'type' ones. I mostly imagine them with a voice.

I've met a few people from DS and spoken on the phone with others; their physical appearence did not differ a whole lot with how I had imagined them, but what struck me most was how different eveyone 'sounded'! :eek:

As for stoatie.... From the moment I met him on here I was convinced he was an old hippie and I mentally dressed him in denim....:o and though he's clearly not, part of me finds that hard to accept..... :D
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    This may seem completely OT but it had relevance to this thread.

Just watching Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, and he simply doesn't utter one word in the last 4 minutes but portrays a whole range of emotions.

The audience KNOWS what he's thinking!!!!

Perception at it's BEST!!!!

That takes me back a very long time. Longer than I care to admit to! :)
  • Vanilla_SliceVanilla_Slice Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    Dude, where's my car?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a long-time lurker, and I've always pictured Christina83 like the woman in this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaKRHH6YgTY