Law & Order UK - Series 6 - February 2012

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
Forum Member
The sixth series of Law & Order: UK is expected to air from February 2012 in the UK.
The new series sees Paul Nicholls take over from Jamie Bamber with his new character, DS Sam Casey.

The new series has already started airing in America, and i was pleasantly surprised when i watched the first two episodes - they are very good!

Episode 3 of the new series airs tonight at 9pm on BBC America.

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 6 start Friday, January 6th at 9pm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Friday....ugh. Why do ITV keep dicking around with the day it is shown? How can it expect the show to receive any sort of audience or following?
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    ^Well it's on Series 6, so...it must get some kind of audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Friday....ugh. Why do ITV keep dicking around with the day it is shown? How can it expect the show to receive any sort of audience or following?

Worse than that, it directly clashes with the new season of Hustle, a show which I would guess is targetted at the same demographic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's technically only season 3. ITV for some reason decide to split it up into 2 blocks of 7 & 6 episodes, whereas the likes of Canada & US air the 13 episodes together.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No,it's really the second half of series 3. ITV seem to like splitting each series in half,plus it helps to rip off dvd collectors by forcing them to buy two box sets per series.
  • Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Season 6 start Friday, January 6th at 9pm

Fridays is a horrible timeslot for it.

Previously it had aired on Sundays and Mondays.

Don't know what was wrong with airing on those days.
    Forum Member
    Sorry to be pedantic, but it's technically only season 3. ITV for some reason decide to split it up into 2 blocks of 7 & 6 episodes, whereas the likes of Canada & US air the 13 episodes together.
    Regardless of how it's filmed, it has been advertised, aired and sold as 5 separate series, with the 6th upcoming. Officially the tally is 6 series, not 3.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sixth series of Law & Order: UK is expected to air from February 2012 in the UK.
    The new series sees Paul Nicholls take over from Jamie Bamber with his new character, DS Sam Casey.

The new series has already started airing in America, and i was pleasantly surprised when i watched the first two episodes - they are very good!

Episode 3 of the new series airs tonight at 9pm on BBC America.

OP - is Jamie Bamber's character dead? :(
    Forum Member
    RE: question above
    He is indeed.
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 132,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worse than that, it directly clashes with the new season of Hustle, a show which I would guess is targetted at the same demographic

You could record it or watch it on ITV1 +1 ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    steviex wrote: »
    You could record it or watch it on ITV1 +1 ;)

Not really a problem in my case as I stopped watching Hustle two or three seasons ago :D
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 132,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really a problem in my case as I stopped watching Hustle two or three seasons ago :D

Me too! :yawn:
  • CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too.:yawn:
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They tend to do that when they want to lose viewers (as we have seen in many other programmes ) , maybe they want an excuse not to recommission any more , after all it is made here in the UK but was already aired in other countries last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the only Law and Order Uk thread or is there another one?

surprised no one is talking about tonights ep, good start to the series and Paul Nicholls is not a bad replacement for Jaime Bamber.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the only Law and Order Uk thread or is there another one?

surprised no one is talking about tonights ep, good start to the series and Paul Nicholls is not a bad replacement for Jaime Bamber.

Shame that Jamie was killed off but going on tonight alone I would say Paul Nicholls did a good job. I liked the touch at the end where he basically stood in for the character Matts role and his hand came across and took the drink away.
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Shame that Jamie was killed off but going on tonight alone I would say Paul Nicholls did a good job. I liked the touch at the end where he basically stood in for the character Matts role and his hand came across and took the drink away.

sad to see 'matt' killed off too but i think paul nicholls will be v good in this, totally forgot it was on last night so catching up on itv player!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Paul Nicholls. He was brilliant in The Passion several years ago. The only problem I find is that Jamie Bambie and Paul are very alike!
  • Sapphire SunSapphire Sun Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I see Peter Davidson is still in the cast yet thankfully not on screen last night, why does that idiot get work?

Good opening episode, Nichols is a very good replacement for Bamber.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Well, its own up time. I posted at the end of the last series that Bamber was not dead, that this was the usual cliffhanger, where we see a remarkable recovery in the next episode. So confident of this was I, that I promised to pose naked in Debenham's shop window if I was wrong. Well, if any of you can get to Canterbury at midday, don't bring children or the elderly... :)
  • CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Peter Davidson is still in the cast yet thankfully not on screen last night, why does that idiot get work?

Good opening episode, Nichols is a very good replacement for Bamber.

Peter DAVISON was on screen in last night episode. He was talking to the barrister as they walked along the street.
  • SparklesSparkles Posts: 4,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grauniad wrote: »
    Well, its own up time. I posted at the end of the last series that Bamber was not dead, that this was the usual cliffhanger, where we see a remarkable recovery in the next episode. So confident of this was I, that I promised to pose naked in Debenham's shop window if I was wrong. Well, if any of you can get to Canterbury at midday, don't bring children or the elderly... :)

Bu%%*r!
    I've only just caught up with this thread. Any chance of a +1 repeat...I could just about make it. :D
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those worried about the Friday clash there is a Monday night repeat on ITV 1 at 23.35. :)
  • Sapphire SunSapphire Sun Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Charenton wrote: »
    Peter DAVISON was on screen in last night episode. He was talking to the barrister as they walked along the street.

Thankfully i missed that bit of the twunt known in these parts as peter davidson, :yawn: