Weird Sandwich Filling Combos

13»

Comments

• Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheese goes with loads of things and can be a very unusual and pleasant surprise.
    I like White bread with real butter, a slice of Kraft cheese and orange or lemon marmalade. Mmmmm, I wonder what's in the cupboard....
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Cheese goes with loads of things and can be a very unusual and pleasant surprise.
    I remember trying something which was a tip from Jamie Oliver.
    Take a cube of cheese, dizzle a little honey on to it and them sprinkle freezedried coffee on to it.
    The cheese & honey combo was quite nice but the coffee just tasted like.....well...... cheese & honey with coffee sprinkled on top. I don't think it melded well with the other flavours.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I remember trying something which was a tip from Jamie Oliver.
    Take a cube of cheese, dizzle a little honey on to it and them sprinkle freezedried coffee on to it.
    The cheese & honey combo was quite nice but the coffee just tasted like.....well...... cheese & honey with coffee sprinkled on top. I don't think it melded well with the other flavours.

Yes we tried that and it was excellent, a real surprise!
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like bacon and maple syrup sarnies and banana and brown sugar ones and any meat with sweet chilli jam.

My mom eats jelly sandwiches. Jelly as in wibble wobble.

I had an ex who ate lettuce sandwiches for every lunch.