Favourite Missy Elliott video/song?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Just wondering what's your favourite Missy song(s) & video(s) are? She made some phenomenal stuff, especially in the early days.

Favourite song: She's a Bitch or Release Some Tension.
Favourite vid: Hit Em Wit Da Hee/The Rain/She's A Bitch.

Comments

• ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    Mine is 4 My People (Basement Jaxx Remix)
  • jargonjargon Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Earlier hits 'The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)' and 'Sock It 2 Me'; interesting videos. 'Gossip Folks' was fun too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Tough one as she is so good. I would say Gossip folks though
  • LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loose Control
    Great song and video
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Can't stop, funky fresh dressed, and many many more. I simply love Missy. I remember mum playing the albums all the time (I was a kid and she was blasting it out!)

She has a new album in May/June this year guys, check it out :)
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot pick a fave song as i love to many..but my fave album is probably under construction and fave video(s) sock it 2 me and shes a bitch
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Use to love her so much when I was younger she had so many good songs and her videos were always amazing my fav song has has to be Get your freak on and my fav Video is between Work it or Gossip Folks hope she makes a comeback soon I heard she's working on music :)
  • LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has some great videos, I don't think I could choose just one.

I have fond memories of being young and watching One Minute Man, Get Your Freak On, Work It, Gossip Folks, Pass That Dutch and 4 My People.

She's A Bitch is my favourite song of hers. Just, brilliant.

Been waiting impatiently for her album 'Block Party' since 2007, which has been pushed back many times due to her illness. I hope she gets better soon and continues making amazing music! :D
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Love missy e....fave song/vid is loose control.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief, i'd almost forgot how much I used to love her! Thanks for reminding me!

My fave album was Miss E So Addictive, it was such an album ahead of her rnb peers. She truly LED the pack back then.

Fav tracks : rimshots & scream aka Itchin! i think there was an MTV mash up promo for both songs...

I also loved her work with/for Tweet, her firstalbum was another genre crossing classic.

So much rnb was formulaic around 2000, but Missy really tread her own path (with Timbalands help of course!)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easy, Gossip Folks (Fatboy Slim Remix)

Have a soft spot for Pass That Dutch after the 2003 VMA performance.
    Love Lose Control (probably favourite video)

Like Rain, 4 My People and Teary Eyed too.

Not a massive fan of Get Your Freak On though, I don't hate it, just if I'm going to listen to Missy, it's never my first choice no matter what mood I'm in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getcha Getcha Getcha Getcha Getcha freak on .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely love Teary Eyed