Worst DS Habits?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbass wrote: »
    Oh do **** off with your cliquiness and smart-arse answers, try to have a discussion about what people find annoying on Digital Spy and people have to ruin it. With the exception of one or two people, the people who've replied to this are deeply unpleasant. :rolleyes::sleep:

Me! Me! Or as GeoBa would prefer it, deeply unpleasant.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    No I ****ing don't. I've told you that I get on with a lot of somali muslims, one of my best mates is from a muslim family, I've told you that I don't hate moderate muslims, but that's not good enough is it? I wipe off all muslims? No, I take a hardline stance against islamic extremism, I do NOT 'wipe off' all muslims. FIND ME ONE POST WHERE I'VE SAID THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL MUSLIMS. GO ON! Do you know what I was called a liar for months, by the SAME people who were making up lies about me. They wouldn't give up. They wanted me to leave one way or another. But I'm still standing.

To be fair i can find lots of posts Puzzler you need to calm down and think about what youre typing. But for now I'll link you to two posts ..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58001792&highlight=#post58001792

post 155 has a fair few examples as does..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1657868&page=3

post 68.

but here let me help you out
    I just wish that more people could WAKE UP and see that islamification is real and is happening now, this is just the latest in a long line of policy changes where muslims are being favoured over the rest of us
    I'm glad you find it so funny. Back in the real world, there are those of us who can see that the government, educational authorities, local authorities, and schools are desperate to appease muslims, the prison service are appeasing islamists by allowing muslim gangs to control jails, halal meat is spreading across the entire public sector, we now have representative of the IFE in positions of local power, so no, it's not 'LOL' this time, it's 'Why should muslims be treated BETTER than the rest of us
    That's one of the things that pisses me off most about islamists in this country. They're happy to use up our precious housing spaces, and claim money from working Brits, yet they claim to hate Britain. If they hate us that much then why don't they **** off? Actually, I know the answer to that one. They want to take over
    Yes but the point is, that their families were allowed to settle here, to live free lives, nice lives, to claim benefits, to set up businesses, and yet none of that stops the extremists from hating this country. Why do they do it? Why, if they feel so strongly about their desire to live in an islamic state, do they not move to one? We see it every day, on the news, on our streets, on youtube, the lack of integration. The hate for everything British. Even the act of wearing a burkha is sending out a hostile message to non muslims
    Time for our government to stop appeasing islamists, stop giving them special treatment
    No, a fine is all that's needed here. Watch when the government start locking people up just for criticising them, watch when the police start beating peaceful protestors, tasering them, tear gassing them. Watch when we're being forced into camps by our 'oh so loving' government, WATCH THEN - and then you will realise we should have done something about all these attacks on free speech. RISE UP, WAKE UP, MAKE A CHANGE. CHANGE THIS COUNTRY! We can do it, we can we really really can. We just need the strength to realise that we CAN elect a party that isn't controlled by the elite. Let's use democracy to our advantage for a change.

I'll concede you said this after repeated questioning:
    Well what should I have said then, 2+2? We're all brothers and sisters in the human race? We all bleed the same colour? Maybe that DID need to be explicitly said, seeing as there are some on here who like to think I hate muslims. No, I hate islamists and those who make excuses for them. THATS IT. IT'S NOT A BLOODY CONSPIRACY.

Ive asked you to explain what the difference is between a muslim and an "islamist"? I think you mean extremist and if you really do have a problem only with EXTREMISTs you need to start making it a hella lot clearer.:sleep: If i wanted to i could post pages of this shit but for someone claiming to only have an issue with extremists you sure do seem to have a problem with muslims generally dont even get me started on the threads you make about housing etc.
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Islamist = westboro baptist church

Muslim = Christian

or at least thats my take on it.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    To be fair i can find lots of posts Puzzler you need to calm down and think about what youre typing. But for now I'll link you to two posts ..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58001792&highlight=#post58001792

post 155 has a fair few examples as does..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1657868&page=3

post 68.

but here let me help you out

I'll concede you said this after repeated questioning:

Ive asked you to explain what the difference is between a muslim and an "islamist"? I think you mean extremist and if you really do have a problem only with EXTREMISTs you need to start making it a hella lot clearer.:sleep: If i wanted to i could post pages of this shit but for someone claiming to only have an issue with extremists you sure do seem to have a problem with muslims generally dont even get me started on the threads you make about housing etc.
    One of those posts was from a thread that had nothing to do with muslims. The rest are specifically talking about EXTREMISTS, which is why I said ISLAMISTS and not muslims. So no you don't have any proof at all for your claims about me. Can I have an apology? Actually, no hang on. While we're here, WHAT THREADS have I made about housing? Go on! WHY do you lot have to make things up about me? Seriously, why? Trying to drive me away. Trying to make me leave. BUT YOU WON'T.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of those posts was from a thread that had nothing to do with muslims. The rest are specifically talking about EXTREMISTS, which is why I said ISLAMISTS and not muslims. So no you don't have any proof at all for your claims about me. Can I have an apology?

Those that follow Islam are Muslims

Islamist is just a variation on Islam

You need to tighten up your terminology
    Forum Member
    Those that follow Islam are Muslims

Islamist is just a variation on Islam

You need to tighten up your terminology
    Islamism is a political form of islam which was practiced by the Taliban and is still practiced by Al Qaeda. Anyway, I'm off to watch Eastenders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Islamism is a political form of islam which was practiced by the Taliban and is still practiced by Al Qaeda. Anyway, I'm off to watch Eastenders.

That may or may not be an adopted use of the word but they are still just variations of the word Islam, which encompasses all muslims.

You know that though, fits nicely with your tactics to be able to claim that it's just the extremists that you mean when you use the word. I bet you have quite a giggle at that.
    Forum Member
    That may or may not be an adopted use of the word but they are still just variations of the word Islam, which encompasses all muslims.

You know that though, fits nicely with your tactics to be able to claim that it's just the extremists that you mean when you use the word. I bet you have quite a giggle at that.
    Another lie about me. Is that really the best you lot can do?:yawn: It is just the extremists I mean but that doesn't fit in with your hate agenda against me does it?
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    No I ****ing don't. I've told you that I get on with a lot of somali muslims, one of my best mates is from a muslim family, I've told you that I don't hate moderate muslims, but that's not good enough is it? I wipe off all muslims? No, I take a hardline stance against islamic extremism, I do NOT 'wipe off' all muslims. FIND ME ONE POST WHERE I'VE SAID THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL MUSLIMS. GO ON! Do you know what I was called a liar for months, by the SAME people who were making up lies about me. They wouldn't give up. They wanted me to leave one way or another. But I'm still standing.
    You'll do your back in doing all that angry typing while stood up, sit down you silly goose.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be honest, this is probably the first time I've ever agreed with Puzz on a Muslim-related subject, but I've always taken Islamism to be the extreme political ideology as opposed to just Islam the religion as well. I have no idea how correct I am to do that, but he's not alone in his definition. (Mind you, I tend to avoid actually USING it because of the potential for confusion).

And FWIW I don't think he hates all Muslims. I do, however, think there's a large element of fear in there. Sorry, Puzz, but that's the way I read you- on the one hand you keep telling us not to believe the mainstream media, but when there's something that portrays Muslims in a threatening light, you don't tend to look too closely into it and pretty much always take it at face value, like the Metropolitan University alcohol thing. I don't think you necessarily do it consciously- but because you're frightened of Islam, it confirms your worldview and thus it's not worth reading between the lines.

All this is, of course, merely my opinion based on my reading of your posts, and I'll also chuck in the disclaimer that I know absolutely piss all about psychology, so don't take it as a personal attack.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worst DS habits is claiming it's only because of cliques or ganging up that someone finds themselves in an unpopular position while completely disregarding the far more likely scenario that they're being an arse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Me! Me! Or as GeoBa would prefer it, deeply unpleasant.

I see what you did there ;)

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    To be honest, this is probably the first time I've ever agreed with Puzz on a Muslim-related subject, but I've always taken Islamism to be the extreme political ideology as opposed to just Islam the religion as well. I have no idea how correct I am to do that, but he's not alone in his definition. (Mind you, I tend to avoid actually USING it because of the potential for confusion).

And FWIW I don't think he hates all Muslims. I do, however, think there's a large element of fear in there. Sorry, Puzz, but that's the way I read you- on the one hand you keep telling us not to believe the mainstream media, but when there's something that portrays Muslims in a threatening light, you don't tend to look too closely into it and pretty much always take it at face value, like the Metropolitan University alcohol thing. I don't think you necessarily do it consciously- but because you're frightened of Islam, it confirms your worldview and thus it's not worth reading between the lines.

All this is, of course, merely my opinion based on my reading of your posts, and I'll also chuck in the disclaimer that I know absolutely piss all about psychology, so don't take it as a personal attack.

I'll give you that one

stop being so rational and more to the point stop trying to make me be rational :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    might be bychance.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    I'll give you that one

stop being so rational and more to the point stop trying to make me be rational :D

Yep i agree with that read it and thought about it for a few moments to clarify my thoughts. I think it is a fear actually rather than racist thoughts from him, he tends to lump whole groups of people together and im sorry but i dont really buy his defence that he dosent have a problem with muslims per see as he clearly does from his many posts but i think its based in fear of what may come (which never will) rather than a racist agenda.
  • andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My worse DS habit is that I tend to go to one page (Gaming forum for example), to another page (Soaps forum) and then back to the gaming forums (no idea why I keep doing it lol)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turning every thread in to a Muslim debate - are they really that endlessly fascinating to you?
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me... I start too many crap threads :o
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Islamist - a supporter or advocate of Islamic fundamentalism. That's what I always thought it was. :)

Fundamentalism - A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    When people use a thread merely as an excuse to whine about their perceived mistreatment on the forum even when the topic isn't remotely related.

For example, the thread is about potatoes.

Poster: I prefer mashed potatoes, but there are posters who will no doubt disagree with me on purpose just because they don't like me and follow me around/try to get me banned etc etc like that time when....
  • chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Me... I start too many crap threads :o
    So what, you're nice.:)
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turning every thread in to a Muslim debate - are they really that endlessly fascinating to you?

You would not believe the number of seemingly innocuous threads that suddenly get taken down the Muslim route. I am waiting for threads like

"Global warming is the fault of Muslims"

type of thread or posts like

"My toast fell on the floor, butter side down. Clearly the influence of Muslims caused it."

We aren't far off.

Most Muslims are just ordinary everyday people IMHO. I feel embarassed for stating such a seemijgly obvious fact. I think an Islamist is effectively an activist interested in advocating a specific line of Islam especially the political aspects and on most occasions in a fundamentalist strain. I don't consider myself an Islamist while others might use it to describe me because they think the word means something else. We aren't all budding little Saladins, waiting to change the world. Honestly, we're not.

Now, that's not to say we don't have threads going into Islamic terrorism or issues within Islam relating to aspects that are at odds with the world we live in. I think these tend to be important threads where discussions and legitimate concerns are raised. I just see these threads less often compared to the others which tend to overstate a poster's problem with Islam/Muslims.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I can not say that all of my posts are of grade A stuff, what really gets my goat is when people say on a thread that they predict to cause some argument or something... and they say something like 'Gets the popcorn' so they are just going to watch the drama that is about to come. At least try and add something to the discussion at least! I really dislike the 'popcorn' people. Its just like f--k off and eat your imaginary popcorn somewhere else!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is going to sound crass and probably not make me popular but one thing that does get my goat are those sympathy posts (particularily on the ADvice section)

Posts like :

"My sympathies..."

My thoughts etc."

This is not limited to such posts but posts with regards to Stars' passing, natural disasters. Its just the amount of repetition. I understand some people like to express their support but after awhile it just seems that people are doing to show that they are concerned.

And yes I have been guilty of it once but it is a bug bear as I just find it as sympathy for sympathy's sake and it actually takes away from the whole.

Thing.

I am sorry if it sounds callous but I just don't see that projecting sorries across an anonymous forum helps anyone.
  • Queen__BeaQueen__Bea Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbass wrote: »
    One that really gets on my nerves is the first reply to the thread has to be funny. Why? What are you trying to prove? :confused:

What forum/forum member habits do you find annoying?

The smart @rse who has to post "Not another thread about...." whatever, with a little :yawn: face posted after it.

Why don't they just leave it?