Has anyone won SCD having been in bottom two?

I tend to dip in & out of watching SCD so I'm not an avid fan but but am curious to know: has anyone won SCD despite being in the bottom two during the series?

Comments

• yenstonyenston Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natasha and Alesha.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Tom Chambers also??
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Tom Chambers also??

No not really.....he never had a sniff of the bottom 2 all through the competiton....then there was the 3 person semi final when the judges scored Rachel & Lisa exactly the same so TECHNICALLY Tom couldnt avoid the dance off no matter how many people voted for him, which meant they had to change the rules rapidly.

So Zoe telling Kimberley on ITT that he was in the bottom 2 and then went on to win was really ridiculous and bore no resemblance to Kimberleys position on Saturday which is unpresidented.

Alesha was bottom two yes but it was quarter final week when Matt di Angelo forgot his routine and almost certainly received a massive increase in votes which skewed the vote and dumped her into the bottom 2.

Have no info on Natasha as I didnt watch that series.

So really the question is....all things being equal and with no strange circumstances has anyone been in the bottom 2 and gone on to win and I would say NO.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Tom Chambers also??

He was never in the DO... unless you count the impossible to get out dance off Semi Final that didnt happen....

That was the whole point... He was never going to not be in the final because he was never in the bottom 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I see I've opened a can of worms here. :D
    I never knew Alesha was in the bottom two- quite surprised by that.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to dip in & out of watching SCD so I'm not an avid fan but but am curious to know: has anyone won SCD despite being in the bottom two during the series?

I hope Kimberley is the first.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have no info on Natasha as I didnt watch that series.

Natasha was in the bottom 2 in week 3 of series one (which was the second elimation, no one went in week 1) which was her jive week.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I see I've opened a can of worms here. :D

You could say that... ;)
  • MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I hope Kimberley is the first.

:confused:

Well she wouldn't be because of Alesha and Natasha.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    He was never in the DO... unless you count the impossible to get out dance off Semi Final that didnt happen....

That was the whole point... He was never going to not be in the final because he was never in the bottom 2.

Ah, so that is what Zoe must have meant, I was puzzling over it also . :) Thanks Sara and Jan.
  • Three Left FeetThree Left Feet Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No not really.....he never had a sniff of the bottom 2 all through the competiton....then there was the 3 person semi final when the judges scored Rachel & Lisa exactly the same so TECHNICALLY Tom couldnt avoid the dance off no matter how many people voted for him, which meant they had to change the rules rapidly.

Minor point - it wasn't Tom being unable to avoid the DO that instigated the rule change. It was Tess telling people to vote to save their favourites when this was impossible that was the cause, as it ran the risk of landing the Beeb in hot water with Offcom.

If Tess had said something different e.g. "Vote for your favourite" then it's not obvious that the rules would have been changed. Given the short time between Tess's comment and the scheduled DO, it needed something like falling foul of Offcom to promote a sufficiently fast decision, I'd think.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    Minor point - it wasn't Tom being unable to avoid the DO that instigated the rule change. It was Tess telling people to vote to save their favourites when this was impossible that was the cause, as it ran the risk of landing the Beeb in hot water with Offcom.

If Tess had said something different e.g. "Vote for your favourite" then it's not obvious that the rules would have been changed. Given the short time between Tess's comment and the scheduled DO, it needed something like falling foul of Offcom to promote a sufficiently fast decision, I'd think.

This was around the time when there had been a few 'dodgy' things going in with phone-ins/competitions etc and the BBC were being very careful.

Back to the question though - and apart from Alesha and Natasha no, I can't remember anyone being in the bottom 2 and then going on to win.

Ultimately, if anyone is in the bottom 2 this early in the competition (particularly in Kimerbley's case having fallen so far down the leaderboard as to be pretty certainly bottom with the voting public) then they're pretty unlikely to gain the sort of following required to win. In the end, even though the judges can save the better dancers right up to the final, when it comes to the final it's all down to the public vote.

Shame really, because I like Kimberley as much as any of the presumed top 4 (Kimberley/Denise/Louis/Dani) and would have been happy to see her win.