1Direction Fans - Are Union J Better Than 1Direction

oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
Forum Member
✭✭
http://shows.stv.tv/the-x-factor/news/202971-christopher-maloney-thinks-union-j-are-better-than-one-direction/

chris maloney says union j are better than 1 direction

Do 1direction fans like and vote for union j ?
Or do you see them as a threat ?

Comments

• _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This should be an interesting thread...
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    This should be an interesting thread...

What are your thoughts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    http://shows.stv.tv/the-x-factor/news/202971-christopher-maloney-thinks-union-j-are-better-than-one-direction/

chris maloney says union j are better than 1 direction

Do 1direction fans like and vote for union j ?
    Or do you see them as a threat ?

It wouldn't take much to be better than 1D now would it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it a clever tactic by Maloney to get 1 direction fans to go against Union j , so they don't vote for them ?
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Christopher Maloney seems to have great taste!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it a clever tactic by Maloney to get 1 direction fans to go against Union j , so they don't vote for them ?

He actually said, "He said that Jamie from Union J is his best friend on the show, adding: I love those guys – I think they could be the next big boy band. They’re totally different to One Direction. One Direction aren’t really my cup of tea. Union J, however, are my cup of tea!”"

Very diplomatic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    He actually said, "He said that Jamie from Union J is his best friend on the show, adding: I love those guys – I think they could be the next big boy band. They’re totally different to One Direction. One Direction aren’t really my cup of tea. Union J, however, are my cup of tea!”"

Very diplomatic.

Or very clever ?

To me not a great difference between the two bands , I can see 1 direction fans liking union J

Plus union j got Harry look alike
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are your thoughts

1D work better as a boyband because they all have instantly recognisable looks and personality, and one of the ever best debut singles for a pop act. Union J are better singers. I prefer Union J but they're at a massive disadvantage coming after 1D, and I don't think they'll have anywhere near the same sort of success. Plus, their manager is a fame-hungry douchebag which isn't going to help them at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1D work better as a boyband because they all have instantly recognisable looks and personality, and one of the ever best debut singles for a pop act. Union J are better singers. I prefer Union J but they're at a massive disadvantage coming after 1D, and I don't think they'll have anywhere near the same sort of success. Plus, their manager is a fame-hungry douchebag which isn't going to help them at all.

But will 1 direction fans vote for union j ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think so. One Direction as been backing James Arthur and telling people to vote District 3 all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt it. Some of them, maybe, but not collectively. 1D have been bigging up James Arthur, so they're more likely to vote for him.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly what I think. Very good analysis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it. Some of them, maybe, but not collectively. 1D have been bigging up James Arthur, so they're more likely to vote for him.

Interesting ,my niece favourite was Ella , she's now voting for James

And she's a crazy 1D fan
  • Sal_WhiteSal_White Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    union j are a billion times better than 1d.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, Louis was even tweeting the number to call to vote for James Arthur last week just after his tweet dissing Maloney saying he had to go.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    It really depends on the fan... I know plenty of people on social networks who are fans of both bands but you'll always get the people who think they are "copying" or are threats to their favourite just like Bieber fans when 1D first came out.

I was watching 1D performances from when they were on X Factor a couple of days ago and I was shocked at how much backing they needed to use... I'm surprised no one complained/no action was taken. Their performance of My Life Would Suck Without You was a monstrosity :( Union J are much better vocally. 1D have improved since then, however.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I am a massive 1D fan and a massive Union J fan but if i'm honest, Union J are much better singers and have better voices than 1D.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a massive 1D fan and a massive Union J fan but if i'm honest, Union J are much better singers and have better voices than 1D.

I agree up to a point. Comparing 1D from X factor days and UJ now. One of UJ outsings all of 1D but I don't think they have the chemistry 1D did back then. It could have been without the Harry lookalike who I think brings the group down.

Vocally1D have come on in leaps and bounds and what I like about them isthey all have distinctive voices and not sure I can say that about 3 of UJ

I like UJ and wish them well but don't vote for them. Cowell has had enough of my money and they will get signed now anyway whether they win or not.

Who knows how successful they will be. Everyone here said 1D wouldn't last 5mins and look at them now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Vocally Union J are better but I don't find anything special about them. Personally I prefer District3 over them.
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excuse me? Chris has been praising Union J and wants then to do well. All he said was 1D aren't his cup of tea but he really rates Union J. I very much doubtb1D fans would vote for Union J anyway, they already their heroes in 1D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Vocally Union J are better but I don't find anything special about them. Personally I prefer District3 over them.

Yes I love Districtv3 particularly before Louis got his hands on them. I quite like Union J, certainly more than 1D anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Louis was even tweeting the number to call to vote for James Arthur last week just after his tweet dissing Maloney saying he had to go.

Louis has very definitely lost the plot :rolleyes:
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valezio wrote: »
    Louis has very definitely lost the plot :rolleyes:

What Mr Sass master just being hisusual sassy self :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    What Mr Sass master just being hisusual sassy self :eek:

Louis' sass <3 ha
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think UJ are likeable or distinct enough, they're just boring. There's no way they will have international success.