Saddest TV Moment Ever

jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm pretty unemotional but there is something about this scene from Futurama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTWouZA4IWI

It just gets me everytime I watch it. Maybe it's being a dog owner but if you ever want to see a 21 year old lad cry, show me this scene and you'll get your wish

Which scenes just get you everytime?

Comments

• Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,858
    Forum Member
    For me, the montage of The Royle Family visiting Nana in Hospital, absolutely perfect imo and one of the saddest TV moments ever
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    jamesisace wrote: »

It just gets me everytime I watch it. Maybe it's being a dog owner but if you ever want to see a 21 year old lad cry, show me this scene and you'll get your wish

My god that episode is just a killer :cry:
  • damo_cdamo_c Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Final scene of Blackadder Goes Forth
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me

LOSTJin and Sun death scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_SxoS-Gd_s

And the end of Lost

Also many others in the show to.
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last episode of One Foot in the Grave for me - terribly sad.

Bobby's death in Dallas (sad at the time, not so sad a year later!!)

Final episode of The Golden Girls when Dorothy leaves the other girls including her Mother to get married. When she keeps coming in the different doors to say goodbye... then doesn't.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Granddad's death in Only Fools & Horses I think that the fact we know he really died so the emotion is real makes it even more upsetting
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    For me, the montage of The Royle Family visiting Nana in Hospital, absolutely perfect imo and one of the saddest TV moments ever

This one.
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The death of Daphne Clarke in Neighbours...... still makes me well up to this day! poor Des...
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesisace wrote: »

Another Futurama episode Luck of the Fryrish does the same to me, esp the end.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The death of Daphne Clarke in Neighbours...... still makes me well up to this day! poor Des...

Was Daphne the one who had a baby while still wearing her tights? :eek:
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    most probably...

just watched her death on youtube... I must say now watching it back the doctors did a poor attempt at cpr..:o
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Royle Family 'Que Sera, Sera' scene gets me everytime.

I remember getting really upset watching Emmerdale years ago when Edna's dog was dying and she was crying over it, and the 'acting' dog sensed her upset and put his paws on her hand. That was a pretty amazing bit of soap footage!!
  • Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was laughing at that montage, so cheesy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The saddest TV moment for me (non-fiction) was watching the great comedian Tommy Cooper collapse and soon after pass away from a heart attack on 15 April1984 during London Weekend Televisions (ITV) Live broadcast of his performance from Her Majesty's Theatre in London.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    The end montage in Father Ted's last episode
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member

There are some beautiful scenes in that episode and, in my opinion, where The Royle Family should have been left. As someone has already mentioned, when Barbara is doing her hair and Nana grabs her hand and thanks her for everything....I sobbed my heart out.
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary's sudden death in thirtysomething, just thinking about it makes me feel sad still after all these years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    damo_c wrote: »
    Final scene of Blackadder Goes Forth
    This one gets me every time, too. Sometimes, I well up just hearing or reading about it.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello. wrote: »
    The Royle Family 'Que Sera, Sera' scene gets me everytime.

Yes, that was the real killer scene in the show. Both actresses playing a blinder.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,845
    Forum Member
    Hilda Ogden finding Stan's glasses after he'd died :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXhp1J0Usng
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Granddad's death in Only Fools & Horses I think that the fact we know he really died so the emotion is real makes it even more upsetting
    That and Nana's death in The Royle Family. :cry: Also Helen's death in Neighbours made me cry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Mel Harveys death in Benidorm Christmas Special 2010 when Mick Garvey answered a phone and someone said that he had died and having to break the news to the rest of the family. They all looked genuinely upset during those scenes. Was quite moved by the snow scene at the end of it with the music Over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy playing at the end and the credits.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to sound really stupid, but when well'ard the dog died in eastenders :'( that do deserved a bafta!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Comp's death in Last Of The Summer Wine again like Granddad's in OFAH the fact we knew it was real made it more upsetting when they did the close up of Nora you could see she was upset about Bill Owen.

On that note I do think that's where LOTSW should have ended they should have done the tribute/funeral episodes and then finished it it was never as good without him
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    The saddest TV moment for me (non-fiction) was watching the great comedian Tommy Cooper collapse and soon after pass away from a heart attack on 15 April1984 during London Weekend Televisions (ITV) Live broadcast of his performance from Her Majesty's Theatre in London.

:( I also saw that :cry: