anyone else want sharon osbourne back?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
Forum Member
me, i love her. she's straight talking, great authority in her opinions, she's flippin hilarious and unpredictable, and all round great. ratings were good while she was on the programme and i can see why. i think she should come back. what does everyone else think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    No I absolutely hate her as a judge and after the blatant bullying of Danni I have absolutely no respect for her as a person
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. She's nasty, childish and not relevant to modern pop music. She would no more understand a rap record than I would and if she said she did she's a fibber. Returning her to the show is Simon psychologically telling the viewer that they are 'returning to the time when the show was great'.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    No I absolutely hate her as a judge and after the blatant bullying of Danni I have absolutely no respect for her as a person

Oh FFS, there was no bullying :yawn:
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me no, she's vile.
    I find her flirting with going boys and then jumping to the mother role quite sickly
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Yes I do.

The show needs a good kick to it and I'm sure Sharon would oblige.

Watching back on the studio auditions, I thought Sharon was the funniest judge in most of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really - too emotional & unprofessional :(
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her, but she won't come back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, dont like her. nasty streak to her and her greatest find was chico - doesnt say much does it
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratings weren't that great. Ratings hit their peak in Series 7 when Cheryl and Dannii were on the panel.

Regardless, the woman was highly unprofessional and would make personal comments about the contestants. She's had her time. I have no clue why people are looking back on Sharon as if she was some sort of saint, it was a constant over-drama. The countless slamming the pen, shouting at the audience to whip up the rent a mob and the water throwing like six times a series? No, IF and I mean a big IF any judge was to come back, I'd like it to be Dannii and only Dannii. No Sharon, no Cheryl, no Simon, no-one else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh FFS, there was no bullying :yawn:

Not according to Dannii.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    So many silly comments here about her being nasty! She said things on a completely unrelated show! She was never mean to Dannii actively on the program or the Xtra Factor. And with Dannii and Simon's affair being revealed, it was fair enough what little Sharon did say about it in the end.

In the end, Sharon was great fun and should be brought back. She would be way more lively than Tulisa, gets along with Nicole and can have moments with Louis, what more do you want than that? Though I do like a bit of panel argument.

Also who said Sharon isn't relevant to today's industry? She's more relevant than Louis is right now. What's that got to do with judging/mentoring anyway? She can do both. And she's got a softer side to her. I loved her and I want her to come back. Bring Kelly Rowland back too! Then Kelly and Sharon can have fights too! That would make good TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many silly comments here about her being nasty! She said things on a completely unrelated show! She was never mean to Dannii actively on the program or the Xtra Factor. And with Dannii and Simon's affair being revealed, it was fair enough what little Sharon did say about it in the end.

In the end, Sharon was great fun and should be brought back. She would be way more lively than Tulisa, gets along with Nicole and can have moments with Louis, what more do you want than that? Though I do like a bit of panel argument.

Also who said Sharon isn't relevant to today's industry? She's more relevant than Louis is right now. What's that got to do with judging/mentoring anyway? She can do both. And she's got a softer side to her. I loved her and I want her to come back. Bring Kelly Rowland back too! Then Kelly and Sharon can have fights too! That would make good TV.

And this is what's wrong with the X Factor. It's not about the judges and that's where the fault lies. And Dannii has outright said Sharon made her life on the show miserable. Sharon had her funny moments, but she had her vicious moments.

Additionally, it wasn't an "affair". Dannii and Simon were grown adults and they're entitled to do what they want in their spare time. It has nothing to do with Sharon, she doesn't run the show. It's up to Simon and Dannii and Sharon had no right throwing her nose into it and then causing discomfort for someone else. Sharon was there to do a job, be a judge and mentor, not to make Dannii or any other judge uncomfortable.

Sharon had some hilarious reactions and when she laughed, it was outrageous. But that era of the show is long gone, the whole show has evolved since Sharon was on it and I will refuse point blank to watch her as her personal attack on Steve Brookstein and her actions in general have shown her up to be nothing but a bitter woman. It's a shame, she obviously cares about her family but she truly comes across as a very unkind individual.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    And this is what's wrong with the X Factor. It's not about the judges and that's where the fault lies. And Dannii has outright said Sharon made her life on the show miserable. Sharon had her funny moments, but she had her vicious moments.

Additionally, it wasn't an "affair". Dannii and Simon were grown adults and they're entitled to do what they want in their spare time. It has nothing to do with Sharon, she doesn't run the show. It's up to Simon and Dannii and Sharon had no right throwing her nose into it and then causing discomfort for someone else. Sharon was there to do a job, be a judge and mentor, not to make Dannii or any other judge uncomfortable.

Sharon had some hilarious reactions and when she laughed, it was outrageous. But that era of the show is long gone, the whole show has evolved since Sharon was on it and I will refuse point blank to watch her as her personal attack on Steve Brookstein and her actions in general have shown her up to be nothing but a bitter woman. It's a shame, she obviously cares about her family but she truly comes across as a very unkind individual.

That's what I don't understand how such a misconception arises. Sharon was the one person in auditions who never felt like putting people down! Louis and Simon would make fun of a ton of people and Sharon would defend them and even poured water on Louis (do you not remember) because he was taking the mick out of the auditionee. How is she in any way abrasive/mean/horrible? In all of her interviews she's been alright too (far from sweet yes but she's at least normal/interesting and she doesn't have that much of a nasty side). Sharon on the whole is probably so misunderstood right now, she was not a bully at all to Dannii during the show or off it in the Xtra Factor, it is safe to say that as someone who watched the whole of the 4th series.

Also doesn't Dannii seem like the overeactive type? She cried when Louis accused her of stealing a song for goodness sake. And yes she put it in her autobiography and interviews as well, but 1) she fights with nearly every girl she's worked with, 2) it's an autobiography, Dannii is going to WAY exaggerate stuff/make it up/tell the truth but again from her perspective she blows things out of proportion so I would take anything Dannii says with a pinch of salt.

And it doesn't matter, honey, it's still an affair. And like it or not, Simon and Dannii are celebrities, the media will inevitably pry in on their private lives. It's unfair to criticise Sharon for anything when EVERYONE, especially the media at the time was talking about it.

And for goodness sake, Steve Brookstein was a scoundrel and she weeded him out WAY before Simon and co had any clue. She was the only one who knew Steve's true colours and she was right, look at how he's badmouthing the X Factor now every opportunity he gets. Sharon's outburst may have seemed odd at the time but it makes perfect sense now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I don't understand how such a misconception arises. Sharon was the one person in auditions who never felt like putting people down! Louis and Simon would make fun of a ton of people and Sharon would defend them and even poured water on Louis (do you not remember) because he was taking the mick out of the auditionee. How is she in any way abrasive/mean/horrible? In all of her interviews she's been alright too (far from sweet yes but she's at least normal/interesting and she doesn't have that much of a nasty side). Sharon on the whole is probably so misunderstood right now, she was not a bully at all to Dannii during the show or off it in the Xtra Factor, it is safe to say that as someone who watched the whole of the 4th series.

Also doesn't Dannii seem like the overeactive type? She cried when Louis accused her of stealing a song for goodness sake. And yes she put it in her autobiography and interviews as well, but 1) she fights with nearly every girl she's worked with, 2) it's an autobiography, Dannii is going to WAY exaggerate stuff/make it up/tell the truth but again from her perspective she blows things out of proportion so I would take anything Dannii says with a pinch of salt.

And it doesn't matter, honey, it's still an affair. And like it or not, Simon and Dannii are celebrities, the media will inevitably pry in on their private lives. It's unfair to criticise Sharon for anything when EVERYONE, especially the media at the time was talking about it.

And for goodness sake, Steve Brookstein was a scoundrel and she weeded him out WAY before Simon and co had any clue. She was the only one who knew Steve's true colours and she was right, look at how he's badmouthing the X Factor now every opportunity he gets. Sharon's outburst may have seemed odd at the time but it makes perfect sense now.

BIB - I totally agree. I think Dannii is very selective when it comes to what she does and doesn't disclose. She's very media savvy (she's been in the industry since she was a very young child). I don't believe for a minute that Sharon 'bullied' her - in fact, I'm a bit sick of hearing it. Dannii well milked that story and got loads of the public to believe her - none of us know what really went on between her and Mrs O. Something must have happened for it to have all turned sour.

From what I've read, Sharon has said that Dannii changed the minute she got the job. Started acting like she owned the place, if it's to be believed that she was bonking Cowell, that could well be true.

It was bad of Simon to bring in a much younger female and totally upset the dynamics of the judging panel, no wonder Sharon felt pushed out. She had been a judge on the XF for 3 years, Dannii came along and got to sit by Simon on the panel - no wonder Mrs O was pissed off!

Like I said, I think Dannii is selective when it comes to disclosing certain aspects of her personal and working life. I remember her interview on Piers Morgan when she was asked about plastic surgery - she mentioned her boob job, but failed to mention the very obvious nose job (don't think she mentions it in her auto either).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not according to Dannii.

Oh well it must be true then :D Mind you, according to Dannii, she's only had a boob job and a bit of botox :rolleyes:

Unless you were there, you don't know - Dannii played the victim very well imo, I don't believe for a second she was entirely innocent, something changed between her and Sharon, they were pretty friendly when Dannii first joined the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a dirty little secret if you ask me, that's why Dannii reacted like she did when the fling was disclosed. I don't think she had ever wanted the world to know about what happened between her and Cowell.

As for Sharon making her life hell, again we don't know the facts for sure. Sharon must have felt pushed out after being on the show for 3 years, then all of a sudden a much younger woman joins the show and ends up sleeping with the boss.
  • KissesDontLieKissesDontLie Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Definitely.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, i became a regular viewer when that vile woman left the show
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be great to have Sharon back. Regardless of what people think, she was very caring towards the contestants and those in the auditions.

Looking back I can see why Sharon disliked Dannii. In an interview with Piers Morgan on "Life Stories" she explained that she did try to make friends with Dannii but found her to be cold, distant with no sense of humour whatsoever and this put her off.
    I also found this to be the case with Dannii and did not like her to begin with. A lot of other people said same of her too.
    It was only after her second time on X Factor, she seemed to loosen up and I began to warm to her a bit. I wouldn't like to see her back though.
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No ... she annoys the hell out of me and her voice makes me want to go and dismember cute woodland creatures:eek:
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no. not from this corner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    She can be annoying, over-dramatic and out of touch. Plus she does have a mean streak.

I kind of love her though. Her I don't give a f**k and will say what I think attitude is not for show. This is a woman who had 80's Motley Crew scared of her but she can be a sweetheart too. I don't think they will but I would like to see her back.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    mo1661 wrote: »
    me, i love her. she's straight talking, great authority in her opinions, she's flippin hilarious and unpredictable, and all round great. ratings were good while she was on the programme and i can see why. i think she should come back. what does everyone else think?

She is a mega spiteful harridan who is so out of touch with modern music; in other words, an uber total bitchy woman.in love with herself. The way she treated Danni was a total disgrace, And she has a terrible foul mouth, so unladylike. I hate foul language,

NO TO SHARON
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry, but none of what you have said is at all accurate. I'm basing my judgements on what I've seen on TV, I also watched the entire fourth series. She was a mess, walking off during the first live show.

And I think she was a bully towards Dannii. We both don't know what happened behind closed doors but her description of Dannii on the Graham Norton show sealed it for me. The accusation plus her attitude during that interview.

Additionally, regardless of what Steve Brookstein has done or said, nobody deserves that kind of nationwide public humiliation on live television. Sharon thought that was acceptable, it's not.

I used to love her... but as the shows progressed, I realised what she can be like and I wouldn't want her back.
  • nomnomnomnom Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing her on the panel again. She was absolutely hilarious in the first few series, and I think she'll give the current panel some extra spice if she decides to come back. Who cares if she's not a great mentor or a great judge? The show is doomed anyway, her return won't really matter.