Options

Alicia-Emmerdale

124»

Comments

• Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alicia has been brilliant since Leyla left, before that she was neurotic and often sharp/bitchy but once Leyla left and the character relaxed she came into her own.

I remember really starting to like her when David was having his troubles ('me dress' anyone? :D) after Leyla left him and Alicia was really kind to him, we saw a different side to her character then and she's never stopped improving. She's superb now and no one does emotional/crying scenes like Natalie as she proved this week when David stupidly revealed her darkest secret to Priya :mad:

Alicia's great! :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    So....
    Priya slaps Alicia next week!

:eek:

Haha, time for Durvid to stand up and be counted then. :D

(Except he's such a spineless wimp these days, he'll probably wuss out like he always does). :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Alicia has been brilliant since Leyla left, before that she was neurotic and often sharp/bitchy but once Leyla left and the character relaxed she came into her own.

I remember really starting to like her when David was having his troubles ('me dress' anyone? :D) after Leyla left him and Alicia was really kind to him, we saw a different side to her character then and she's never stopped improving. She's superb now and no one does emotional/crying scenes like Natalie as she proved this week when David stupidly revealed her darkest secret to Priya :mad:

Alicia's great! :)

Exactly Lotty, I think once they toned down the mouthy side of Alicia she improved a lot. :)

I still want Alicia, Vanessa and Jude to have a scene together so we can have a mini 'The Royal' reunion!
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive seen a spoiler picture on twitter of David & Alicia kissing so Im hoping this could be the start of them getting together but then again this is emmerdale I wont be that simple will it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Ive seen a spoiler picture on twitter of David & Alicia kissing so Im hoping this could be the start of them getting together but then again this is emmerdale I wont be that simple will it :rolleyes:

The spoiler pics for next week are up on the Emmerdale site and that would certainly appear to be what they are hinting at..
  • Options
    laurengirllaurengirl Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Alicia Asian ?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pippa2012 wrote: »
    I love Alicia and the woman playing her does a great job, i always find her scenes so believable especially her emotional ones, she really has turned into a fine character and miles ahead of her sister Lela.

Agreed. She has become much more bearable since her Debbie Dingle-esque strops were, thankfully, reined in.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I'm an on/off viewer of Emmerdale, but Alicia is definitely one of my favourites. The actress is great, she can make anything watchable. Priya is a barely developed plot-device, and I never actually see her involved with her on-screen family so to me it seems she could be easily disposable when David inevitably ends up with Alicia.
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her being interviewed on tv and she was asked how she managed to cry on screen, and she said she can cry on demand and in seconds she had tears running down her cheeks!
  • Options
    NPPNPP Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alicia should be able to slap Priya back as self-defense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I think she should have an affair with DD
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she first came into Emmerdale, she was a bawling bully. Shouting and bawling and bullying everyone around her.

Now, that her character has mellowed tremendously, she has become one of the most popular characters in recent years judging by the recent posts on here. I must admit, I have grown to like her, brings a bit of glamour to the village as well.

It will be interesting to see how her relationship with David turns out. Already, it has been known that David's relationship with Priya is doomed.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Alicia is gorgeous..... fantastic looking and gorgeous figure too.
    Just one thing wrong........ she has no money but always got good looking gear on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Priya is just annoying. She acted so smug when she saw a tiff between David and Alicia. She keeps pushing David, but David is such a coward. He's not got the guts to tell Priya to shut up and its Alicia he wants. I was all for Alicia and David being together, but despite his plain obvious feelings, he won't end things and just be with her. He lets the women do all the talking, which ends up in more conflict. I don't think he deserves Alicia.

On another note, I'd forgotten she was unable to have kids. Does anyone know why? This is another seemingly 'forgotten' storyline with Katie atm. Perhaps they could be friends, but it would mean Alicia telling Katie. I don't see why she couldn't sympathise with her though.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britgirl wrote: »
    Priya is just annoying. She acted so smug when she saw a tiff between David and Alicia. She keeps pushing David, but David is such a coward. He's not got the guts to tell Priya to shut up and its Alicia he wants. I was all for Alicia and David being together, but despite his plain obvious feelings, he won't end things and just be with her. He lets the women do all the talking, which ends up in more conflict. I don't think he deserves Alicia.

On another note, I'd forgotten she was unable to have kids. Does anyone know why?
    This is another seemingly 'forgotten' storyline with Katie atm. Perhaps they could be friends, but it would mean Alicia telling Katie. I don't see why she couldn't sympathise with her though.

From her rant at Debbie, saying that "once you're pregnant, it's a part of you and you love it more than anything" I would imagine she's had multiple miscarriages, rather than being unable to get pregnant?