Matt Smith Leaving in 50th or Xmas

DavidusDavidus Posts: 201
Forum Member
Yeah, I know the stories are that he will/has filmed the 50th and will do the Christmas episode but I had a thought the other day.

Yeah, I do get them but they are few and far between.

A lot of us fans have been pondering a while back on the 'what if' scenario of a regeneration in the 50th anniversary show and then subsequently we accepted that there wouldn't be one as Matt Smith was staying on but now that it transpires that he is indeed leaving so what if....he is actually going to leave after the 50th giving the episode the much wished for regeneration and giving it that extra 'oompfh' to give it an extra wow factor in November.

Something I believe which wouldn't be out of character for Steven Moffatt to try to spring on us now he's seemed to have got most of us believing MS to be in the christmas episode.

It was sparked off by remembering that David Tennent did his first episode at christmas and this was what made me wonder.

Am I being too wishful (about the 50th) or does anyone have anything concrete on MS being in the christmas show or is there the slightest chance I could be right?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well according to Smith himself:
    Thank you so very much for supporting my incarnation of the Time Lord, number 11, who I might add is not done yet - I'm back for the 50th anniversary and the Christmas special.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Interesting if the 12th Doctor gets a cameo in the 50th, though . . just rushing along in the background, but then bumps into Doctor 11, who looks at him and says "Oh, you're too early" or something.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if he regenerates at the end of the 50th - and we see him for all of five seconds as Christmas.

However, 11 deserves his own finale to bow out as strongly as he entered - with floppy hair. So I trust that his new wig is on standby.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As the 50th Special is involving David and John Hurt and Jenna and Billie, etc etc I would be very disappointed if it was Matt's swansong; he really deserves a proper send off where he is centre stage...it'd be a bit like Peter Davison regenerating at the end of 'The 5 Doctors' .

Nah, it'll be Christmas. Probably. ;)