Have the housemates helped Gina and Dexter to the final?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
Forum Member
✭✭
Their pure disdain they showed them in the first few weeks made Dexter and Gina appear the victims. Some of the housemates have continued this with Dexter right to the end.

Dexter has never really had the chance to play the baddy because he has constantly had to defend himself from attacks from other housemates. This in turn has shown some nasty character traits in their treatment of Dexter.

The public have kept Dexter in week in and week out, and yet the other housemates still can't hide their contempt of him.... do they feel they are more deserving of public favour than Dexter.... how arrogant!:rolleyes:

This has been a great series for me as it seems that the voting public finally get the game and have voted well all series! I know a lot of the original BB formula has changed but I think I prefer it this way! Bring on CBB!:D

Comments

• changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes OP, I should say they have.

Inadvertently of course - there's nothing all of them would like more than to see the back of the pair of them :)
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers have also helped Dexter and Gina to the final. Safe house twist which saved them one week and gave them immunity the next, letting the housemates know Gina was favourite during a task (she's never been nominated since), Dexter's immunity this week.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they have practically campaigned for them and in doing so they have make a sneaky, chancer and a spoilt superficial diva look like the most decent people. Flawed but basically OK. And with much more depth of character than the others who were so obsessed with how they look to take a chance and just express themselves.
  • Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Endemol have ensured their passage to the final. People voting for them are doing BB's bidding, and paying them for the privilege.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I ever saw them as victims although they faced a lot of hostility in there. But what we were able to see because of it was their strength. No weeping and wailing in the DR, no requests to leave, just plain maturity from Dexter and 'up yours' from Gina.
  • AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have nominated him but generally, other than that [and the whole Callum thing] I don't think he's come in for much flack in there, at all. I don't accept the premise that he's been constantly attacked. Nominated yes, but not attacked.

So that leads to the question why has he been nominated?

I believe the reason they nominate him is because they sense his gameplaying and they don't quite trust him. They can see through his strategy, and that little sense of distrust [and it's only little] is what makes them nominate him again and again, not some arrogant feeling that the public should like them more.

Unless one equates nomination with attacking, he's not under attack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    The producers have also helped Dexter and Gina to the final. Safe house twist which saved them one week and gave them immunity the next, letting the housemates know Gina was favourite during a task (she's never been nominated since), Dexter's immunity this week.
    That's what I love though, I think the outside influence has improved the game this year! Safe house twist was open to all housemates, it was the public that voted (really well) and the housemates worked out when they got back that if the public voted to save them that mean that wolfie and dan were not as safe... that's when it all got really really good!
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that the discerning voting public have kept them in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aimee wrote: »
    They have nominated him but generally, other than that [and the whole Callum thing] I don't think he's come in for much flack in there, at all. I don't accept the premise that he's been constantly attacked. Nominated yes, but not attacked.

So that leads to the question why has he been nominated?

I believe the reason they nominate him is because they sense his gameplaying and they don't quite trust him. They can see through his strategy, and that little sense of distrust [and it's only little] is what makes them nominate him again and again, not some arrogant feeling that the public should like them more.

Unless one equates nomination with attacking, he's not under attack.

Well maybe attacking is too strong, but they have never been afraid to talk like crap to him and show their disdain... Which is why he has always been on the defence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they have practically campaigned for them and in doing so they have make a sneaky, chancer and a spoilt superficial diva look like the most decent people. Flawed but basically OK. And with much more depth of character than the others who were so obsessed with how they look to take a chance and just express themselves.

I agree with this!:D
  • AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bambii wrote: »
    Well maybe attacking is too strong, but they have never been afraid to talk like crap to him and show their disdain... Which is why he has always been on the defence.
    I accept that, and I ask myself why don't they show this disdain for someone else, say Sam,Sophie? There has to be something about him to get people to do this.

I truly believe it's only because he is playing the game [BRILLIANTLY, I may add] and they sense he's not 100% himself in there. Or if that is him then he has a manipulative side to him which they don't like.

btw, I actually think he's going to win, hands down! I really liked him up until the Callum thing when I felt he pushed it too far. But he's still a very interesting character and I love his friendship with Gina. If he came 2nd to her I'd be very happy.
  • pepipoppepipop Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, BB has orchestrated to get them both into the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I'm not sure I ever saw them as victims although they faced a lot of hostility in there. But what we were able to see because of it was their strength. No weeping and wailing in the DR, no requests to leave, just plain maturity from Dexter and 'up yours' from Gina.

Not an official request as such (as far as we know), but Gina talked to BB in the DR about the possibility of leaving on two separate occasions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pepipop wrote: »
    No, BB has orchestrated to get them both into the final.

Oh come on we have had more than one opportunity to get them out, I just don't buy that..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aimee wrote: »
    I accept that, and I ask myself why don't they show this disdain for someone else, say Sam,Sophie? There has to be something about him to get people to do this.

I truly believe it's only because he is playing the game [BRILLIANTLY, I may add] and they sense he's not 100% himself in there. Or if that is him then he has a manipulative side to him which they don't like.

btw, I actually think he's going to win, hands down! I really liked him up until the Callum thing when I felt he pushed it too far. But he's still a very interesting character and I love his friendship with Gina. If he came 2nd to her I'd be very happy.

IMO its because if they picked on Sam and Sophie they thought they would be hated. They think its OK to single out Dexter and Gina because they represent modern societys spoilt rich kids that we are all meant to hate...

That's how I see it.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Endemol have ensured their passage to the final. People voting for them are doing BB's bidding, and paying them for the privilege.

Oh dear, someone's not happy.
    Dexter or Gina to win !! :D

*dials again to vote for sam out* :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, someone's not happy.
    Dexter or Gina to win !! :D

*dials again to vote for sam out* :p

I stand to make £250 if Gina wins. Far be it for me to thank the Gina fans for the dough on here if she does win though...

I'm past caring who wins these days from a BB fan POV. It ultimately comes down to who the producers have decided who to promote most favourably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stand to make £250 if Gina wins.
    Well in that case it's 'GET GINA OUT!'
    Can't have you enjoying yourself at the expense of the housemates, can we ;):D