Options

Disgusted with BBBOTS....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Sasparella wrote: »
    BBBOTS is a joke, it's become so biased it's ridiculous, even Judy James toes the official line now, either that or she's not actually bothering to watch the program any more, because she's sure missing a lot of body language if she does ! Oh how I wish Russell would come back, for all his occasional crassness, he at least was fair about every HM and wouldn't let the bashing go too far without countering it, and you never knew til the end who he actually wanted to win. As for that idiot that replaced Iain Lee last night, is he REALLY a professional presenter ? If he is I can only imagine it;'s for a children's program (and that's the only gig that that ridiculous AJ should get too) !

Gave up on this rubbish after the hatchet job on Hazel. I fully echo the Russell comment.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll repeat what I said on another thread.

Just stop watching the show!

If you stop watching, viewing figures will go down, and they will soon take note.

By continuing to watch the rubbish, you are passively agreeing with the bias, and the Producers won't change the script as viewing figures remain high.

If you stop watching, the viewing figures will gone down; the Producers will panic, the advertisers will panic, the Directors will panic, and then you will then start seeing real change as they all scramble to try to please you as a viewer.

I've always said this about most things in life. If you are not happy with a company, cooperation, TV programme, etc HIT them in the pocket, and see how the run! ;)

It's the name of their game.
    I Usually tune in at the start and enjoy the audience and guests and after 10 minutes we get pointless sketches and short films. AJ and Rylan shows are the best and I always watch Iain lee and AJ, but they need to show more audience points of view and use the guests more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with so many of your comments.....
    just find the whole thing awful and wish that instead of singling out one housemate they address them all .......their has been good and bad with them all but you don't hear a bad word said about Sam. ....or really the twins much at all, so they are influencing the public opinion with their own which is not correct.
    It seems to me that they want Sam to win, as no mention what so ever about him being on Deal or No Deal or his rudeness to women. I don't know but do think because he has a major problem with his hearing they think that you should not say anything negative about him, whether that is the case or not I don't know but I do think it does boil down to this ....they are scared to say anything bad about him.
    I as others have done will not watch this any more or in future series .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Saich2 wrote: »
    I agree with so many of your comments.....
    just find the whole thing awful and wish that instead of singling out one housemate they address them all .......their has been good and bad with them all but you don't hear a bad word said about Sam. ....or really the twins much at all, so they are influencing the public opinion with their own which is not correct.
    It seems to me that they want Sam to win, as no mention what so ever about him being on Deal or No Deal or his rudeness to women. I don't know but do think because he has a major problem with his hearing they think that you should not say anything negative about him, whether that is the case or not I don't know but I do think it does boil down to this ....they are scared to say anything bad about him.
    I as others have done will not watch this any more or in future series .

This

any of the other 4 to win would give BB at least some sort of credibility back,i think if Sam wins then i think many will desert watching the show and the next series could prove to be it's last.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    Matt Johnson was on piece work, more times he said something negative about Dexter larger his pay cheque will be.

If anything, it actually showed himself up to be a complete dick*head :rolleyes:

Maybe that's why they sent Iain lee on his hols. He's a Dexter fan - can't have that huh.
  • Options
    snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll repeat what I said on another thread.

Just stop watching the show!

If you stop watching, viewing figures will go down, and they will soon take note.

By continuing to watch the rubbish, you are passively agreeing with the bias, and the Producers won't change the script as viewing figures remain high.

If you stop watching, the viewing figures will gone down; the Producers will panic, the advertisers will panic, the Directors will panic, and then you will then start seeing real change as they all scramble to try to please you as a viewer.

I've always said this about most things in life. If you are not happy with a company, cooperation, TV programme, etc HIT them in the pocket, and see how the run! ;)

It's the name of their game.
    You are absolutely right of course, and if I thought everyone else would ,so would I but, lets face it, its not going to happen any time soon. I can only speak for myself but I cant stop watching because Im afraid of missing something:eek: too nosey for my own good,:o I just wont vote any more so they can con and manipulate all they, like they get me angry and have steam coming out of my ears, but at least they wont be robbing me at the same time:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive said this on a couple of other similar threads that I used to watch BBBOTs religiously, used to love it. Now I cant bear to watch it cause it winds me up. Its sooo biased its ridiculous. Unfair & wrong!
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    That's what I'll do in future, just x30 through to any "exclusives" then delete. Let's face it, the rest is just drivel.

That's what I do, although I did watch more of it when Iain Lee was on, at least he asked questions I wanted to know the answers to and was witty with it. Matt Johnson made himself look ridiculous last night - hope he's on This Morning tomorrow in the hub, I'll be sending him a tweet or too! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monkey13 wrote: »
    Maybe that's why they sent Iain lee on his hols. He's a Dexter fan - can't have that huh.

Exactly! :mad:
  • Options
    Chief KegwinChief Kegwin Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBBOTS is pretty much unwatcheable, it`s just seems to exist to steer viewers/voters in a certain direction but with absolutely bugger all subtlety.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aynuck wrote: »
    BB producers would have you believe that you are watching a reality tv show but what you are in fact watching is a very carefully crafted entertainment show which bears little or no relation to reality.
    BBBOTS is designed to supplement the main show and is very carefully scripted by these same producers in order to give the impression of objectivity, but in fact BBBOTS exists solely to shape opinion, to help to create headlines and to generate all important advertising revenue which is the bottom line for all tv shows on commercial tv channels.
    The HM's are real enough, they are all 'playing a game' and reacting to each others personalities and to whatever the producers make happen in the house.
    These HM were not chosen at random, they were chosen with great care and the decision on who becomes a HM is made by the self same producers whose job it is to provide the entertainment which keeps us all watching.
    The producers will steer the show in such a way as to finish with the mix of HM's that will generate further revenue, get the show talked about and enhance the possibility of the show being bought by tv companies again next year.
    The pantomime aspect is achieved by creating 'hate figures' such as Dexter, Gina, Sam, the producers want to polarise opinion and BBBOTS is used to help bring about the polarisation.

Spot on! :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    That's what I do, although I did watch more of it when Iain Lee was on, at least he asked questions I wanted to know the answers to and was witty with it. Matt Johnson made himself look ridiculous last night - hope he's on This Morning tomorrow in the hub, I'll be sending him a tweet or too! :D:D

Matt Johnson was a pain in the ar*se. Which at least made him a match for AJ (last night doing some sort of "dog on heat" impression all over him). Ghastly to watch, particularly in the phone room, where they were so entranced by each other's idiotic comments that they paid no attention whatsoever to what the callers were saying. Please get rid of AJ next series. There must be a ship somewhere in need of a foghorn.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I used to like Judi James but her irrational dislike of Dexter is seriously winding me up now.

And if they call her sodding Dame Judi one more time.......:mad::mad::mad:

She ain't no dame, dames are respected members of the UK. Honoured for actually doing something worthy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    I just love thus - the Dexter fans were peeing their pants over the experts pulling Callum apart and labelling him all sorts of unsavoury names ....oooh thay certainly knew their stuff then didn't they?

Now the 'experts' dare to say something a bit 'negative' about Dexter and it's all clap trap and rubbish.

What really do people expect the experts to say. They were simply saying Dexter is playing a game which everyone knows he is. What is so terrible about that .......plus ...........do you not think that having most of the show being all about Dexter is rather favourable? If there's any bias going on it's pretty obvious a bias towards Dexter as he's getting all the coverage.

Can someone please tell me anything that was said about Dexter that was really nasty and untrue?

He's a game player - that's what people will focus on isn't it?

I agree
  • Options
    JVB69JVB69 Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    I just love thus - the Dexter fans were peeing their pants over the experts pulling Callum apart and labelling him all sorts of unsavoury names ....oooh thay certainly knew their stuff then didn't they?

Now the 'experts' dare to say something a bit 'negative' about Dexter and it's all clap trap and rubbish.

What really do people expect the experts to say. They were simply saying Dexter is playing a game which everyone knows he is. What is so terrible about that .......plus ...........do you not think that having most of the show being all about Dexter is rather favourable? If there's any bias going on it's pretty obvious a bias towards Dexter as he's getting all the coverage.

Can someone please tell me anything that was said about Dexter that was really nasty and untrue?

He's a game player - that's what people will focus on isn't it?

I like both Dexter and Gina as housemates not as people as I do not know them. I can only speak for myself to answer you but I found the whole programme biased in the twins and Sams favour at a time when we have three days/two days to vote for a winner. It was merely compounded by the "experts" opinions. To say that Dexter was showing gambler instincts by his finger motions and that by using the word "truly" in front of love when talking to Charlie means he is definately lying in a clip was ridiculous. I tell my other half I really love him and truly love him. I am nto lying I am merely emphasising the gravity of how much I love him. I am nto for one second suggesting that Dexter definately does love Charlie but an expert cannot say he doesnt from a word. No one knows the truth but him. Dexter was repeatedly slated for his picking 88k but no one has picked up on the twins talking about taking 55k before taking 96k before the 99k was picked. The other expert called them well rounded and well adjusted...REALLY???? What programme is she watching???? They have issues just like the rest of them. No other housemate has a prefix to their name on the show like Dexter......It is not fair and it should be impartial. It is a gameshow and all of them are playing games but just Dexter is upfront about it. Gina less so, Twins and Charlie not at all and Sam , mr gameshow - me thinks he doth protest too much!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chavet wrote: »
    I think Dexter is flawed. Therefore, not every bad thing said about him is necessarily untrue. However, what I consider much worse actions are ignored on the part of other contestants. Additionally, these contestants might be rewarded for their bad behaviour by their fellow housemates.

Gina (who I do love), Charlie (I dont need to say anymore), twins and the money/behaviour when nominated, challenged etc and Sam's attitude to women/Dexter/the game they are in!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scarlett09 wrote: »
    Matt Johnson was a pain in the ar*se. Which at least made him a match for AJ (last night doing some sort of "dog on heat" impression all over him). Ghastly to watch, particularly in the phone room, where they were so entranced by each other's idiotic comments that they paid no attention whatsoever to what the callers were saying. Please get rid of AJ next series. There must be a ship somewhere in need of a foghorn.

Love it !!! I did think I had turned on television X by mistake - prats
  • Options
    bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    Matt Johnson was on piece work, more times he said something negative about Dexter larger his pay cheque will be.

If anything, it actually showed himself up to be a complete dick*head :rolleyes:

yes thought I was going to like him but he proved to be a bigger a**e hole than Iiain lee and that takes some doing
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma clearly hates Dexter but whats shes gonna do when Dexter wins the show as he will win shes gonna have to be nice to him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVB69 wrote: »
    Love it !!! I did think I had turned on television X by mistake - prats

I soo agree they ignored the callers ..how dare they... people take time out to call the show as if we are interested in their opinions .go get a job aj and matt
    .noo Aj needs to retire to a Blackburn home and do some knitting and Matt [I did like you for 5 minutes] needs to stop trying to be Iain Lee he is awful so be yourself do not resort to belittling callers and swearing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluebottle wrote: »
    yes thought I was going to like him but he proved to be a bigger a**e hole than Iiain lee and that takes some doing

I just said the same thing thought I was going to like him but he proved to be an a**ehole what a shame as he looks so good x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVB69 wrote: »
    I like both Dexter and Gina as housemates not as people as I do not know them. I can only speak for myself to answer you but I found the whole programme biased in the twins and Sams favour at a time when we have three days/two days to vote for a winner. It was merely compounded by the "experts" opinions. To say that Dexter was showing gambler instincts by his finger motions and that by using the word "truly" in front of love when talking to Charlie means he is definately lying in a clip was ridiculous. I tell my other half I really love him and truly love him. I am nto lying I am merely emphasising the gravity of how much I love him. I am nto for one second suggesting that Dexter definately does love Charlie but an expert cannot say he doesnt from a word. No one knows the truth but him. Dexter was repeatedly slated for his picking 88k but no one has picked up on the twins talking about taking 55k before taking 96k before the 99k was picked. The other expert called them well rounded and well adjusted...REALLY???? What programme is she watching???? They have issues just like the rest of them. No other housemate has a prefix to their name on the show like Dexter......It is not fair and it should be impartial. It is a gameshow and all of them are playing games but just Dexter is upfront about it. Gina less so, Twins and Charlie not at all and Sam , mr gameshow - me thinks he doth protest too much!!!

well said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're all idiots. Judy James said that Dexter was a brilliant game player and she was fascinated by him. This was agreed by the other female psychologist. I didn't see the bias last night, and as in all the series, Dexter doesn't need anyone to big him up. He does fine by himself.

Judy does think the twins will win - and that's pretty standard as she can see that Sophie was voted out, that anything can happen. The favourite for most of the series, voted out? Shock, horror.

Judy also told Sophie, tactfully, that she probably got evicted due to spreading gossip and planting seeds - which Sophie did NOT like!

I agree with most of what Judy said.

The only thing that was biased was the coverage of Charlie. They all make out she is some kind of lost, lonely little girl. I was very pleased, therefore, when the other psychologist (is it Rachel?) said that she didn't buy Charlie's story, that it was all made up. Loved it. AJ quickly moved on.

BBOTs is cringeworthy this year. I watch to see what the psychologists say, and to see any exclusives. The rest is dire. Rylan can't carry a show on his own (Supersized Sunday) as he seems to be best when doing short bursts and playing off somebody else. AJ is fantastic, very funny, very confident - but still, quite unprofessional at times.

I was so glad to see that Iain Lee had been deposed - horrible man - and the Welsh guy, Matt, was actually quite funny. He was calling Dexter a '********' as a joke - because Iain Lee had done it before him and he was taking the mickey. So don't get all upset, Dexter fans - and I'm one of you - it was all good air time for Dexter.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    intj wrote: »
    Spurr, James et al, lack the most important quality when being called on to give 'professional' judgements on HM's behaviour and personality - objectivity.

Judi James has been more than objective - eg - Questions to the housemates asking Gina why she targetting the stronger women in the house ! that's objective and fair comment and based on observation of Gina in the house !!
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pseudonym wrote: »
    I remember there was a lady (can't remember her name) wrote for some newspaper about each of the hm's and she was well liked on here. As soon as her column came out there would be a link posted.

Then she joined the BB Team and suddenly she was spouting sh*t. Sold her soul and all that...:D

You're thinking of Grace Dent. Her blog was always amusing.