Options

ED actresses are amazing at the moment

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the friendship to, although they could do with more scenes where they are having a laugh, getting into mischief, generally acting there age just like they were about 2 years ago! Its the only real solid friendship on that show! Everyone else either falls out with there mates or barely talks to them! :D

Aye the male characters arnt really being done any favours this moment just like you've said being written like complete and utter goons! The only one that is being written as a strong no nonsense sort is the amazing Steve, someone who is actually using intelligence effectively to get what he wants, its very interesting to watch!

The rest need a better more straight forward direction and some need thrown in the dumpster!

I wonder who you're talking about? Does his name begins with R? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    I wonder who you're talking about? Does his name begins with R? :D

Erm...........possibly............... yes!!! :o:D
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the majority of the actresses in Emmerdale are very good. I thinks it's a shame that some of them don't get the opportunity to shine very often - especially the actress who plays Victoria.

If I had to pick a favourite it would be Natalie J Robb and one good thing about James Barton coming to the village is that we get to see more of her.

One actress I don't enjoy watching is the one who plays Ali, I don't mean any offence to the actress but, to me, she seems to spit and shout most of her lines - that's just my opinion though.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    I think the majority of the actresses in Emmerdale are very good. I thinks it's a shame that some of them don't get the opportunity to shine very often - especially the actress who plays Victoria.

If I had to pick a favourite it would be Natalie J Robb and one good thing about James Barton coming to the village is that we get to see more of her.

One actress I don't enjoy watching is the one who plays Ali, I don't mean any offence to the actress but, to me, she seems to spit and shout most of her lines - that's just my opinion though.

bib: I don't blame you.

She was much better when she was in Shameless.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Zoe Henry is amazing in the addiction storyline.

Lesley Dunlop performance has been heartbreaking. The scene where Gennie shave off her head, has been IMO the best scene of the year.

The actress playing Kerry is excellent. I think Kerry is a very difficult part to play because she's such a waste of space. But the actress manages to make her human and likeable. She has great comic timing too.

The actress portraying Vanessa is excellent too.

Lucy Pargeter never disappoints.

Chelsea Halfpenny is finally getting more dramatic material and I think she's great. Even when I disliked the characters I've never had any reason to fault her acting.

Hopefully Natalie J Robb will get a big storyline soon, as she's one of their best actresses.

The only weak link IMO is Charley Webb. She is not dreadful but the other actresses are so much better than her, especially now that so many of them are acting their socks off. Her mahogany permatan is very distracting.
    I agree with the style of character they've built up with Victoria there isnt really much they can do! She shouldn't have a storyline for the sake of it she needs one that has merit and purpose and can be really effective that adds something to her character! I think Amy is by far a more interesting character but Victoria could do with that storyline that can take her out of that rut that has lasted 3 producers and began 18 months BEFORE Amy arrived!

Overall i agree the female cast in ED is amazing, I do think Charley Webb is great and prodcues some good stuff but next to the likes of Chelsea Halfpenny, Lucy Pargeter, Laura Norton, Michelle Hardwick, Zoe Henry, Emma Atkins and Lesley Dunlop she is down the pecking order i reckon!
    I think Emmerdale has the best female cast of all the soaps.

Zoe Henry is acting the life out of her storyline. Nice to see what she can do when given proper stuff. (Just give her all the awards she deserves) Michelle Hardwick is brilliant, Natalie J Robb, Chelsea Halfpenny... I could list list them all, but thankfully most of you already have! lol

I agree many of these are good actresses. Zoe Henry has been believable in portraying Rhona having changed but not noticing how she had changed. Even her insincere tones towards Vanessa for much of August were spot-on. Michelle has been so captivating in enabling us to read Vanessa's thoughts and feelings that she had become one of the best ever actresses in Emmerdale (which is probably an understatement!).