Options

Riz Lateef taken ill?

Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
Forum Member
✭✭
An unusual situation on BBC London News tonight.

Riz Lateef did the 10 second opt at 6pm.

There was no London opt at approx. 6.15 (had the sport update the news channel gets)

And then at 6.30 for the first time ever the main edition of BBC London News was presented by Alex Bushill.

He was even captioned as 'Riz Lateef'

Comments

• Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    An unusual situation on BBC London News tonight.

Riz Lateef did the 10 second opt at 6pm.

There was no London opt at approx. 6.15 (had the sport update the news channel gets)

And then at 6.30 for the first time ever the main edition of BBC London News was presented by Alex Bushill.

He was even captioned as 'Riz Lateef'

Maybe he was just doing intro sounds strange I agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No- he presented the entire half hour prog.
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    No- he presented the entire half hour prog.

She. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No RIZ LATEEF IS A SHE

Alex Bushill most definitely a HE

If you read my opening post SHE (Riz) did the 10 second London opt at 6pm

and then HE (Alex) presented the main programme.

BBC London are very strict about who is considered senior enough to present the main 6.30. It's never been him befoe- so a last minute substitution. HE was even captioned as Riz Lateef at the start.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who did the 8 pm opt ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Who did the 8 pm opt ?

Alex Bushill- but generally speaking Riz only does Mon and Tues 8pm & 10.25 (as well as 6.30)

Wed, Thurs, Fri, and anyone can do 8pm & 10.25pm- although it is more common to be be Alice Bhandhukravi or Asad Ahmad. But not unheard of for Alex Bushill do do the 8 & 10.25. So, I assume he was due to do that today anyway.
  • Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No RIZ LATEEF IS A SHE

BBC London are very strict about who is considered senior enough to present the main 6.30. It's never been him befoe- so a last minute substitution. HE was even captioned as Riz Lateef at the start.

Yeah, I think Rob realised his mistake. Jeez, you must be a hoot at parties
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    Alex Bushill- but generally speaking Riz only does Mon and Tues 8pm & 10.25 (as well as 6.30)

Wed, Thurs, Fri, and anyone can do 8pm & 10.25pm- although it is more common to be be Alice Bhandhukravi or Asad Ahmad. But not unheard of for Alex Bushill do do the 8 & 10.25. So, I assume he was due to do that today anyway.

You spend a lot of time watching BBC London don't you?

Riz Lateef did a national BBC news the other week.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No RIZ LATEEF IS A SHE

I think Rob was merely having a joke with you as he had a female name captioned underneath him. Wow.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    Any news on what happened then? I'm on tenterhooks here, and don't think I'll make it to the end of the day if I don't have closure on this shocking development.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on what happened then? I'm on tenterhooks here, and don't think I'll make it to the end of the day if I don't have closure on this shocking development.

I cannot understand why it wasn't mentioned in the bulletin :p Is this a case of the BBC ignoring it's own news again :p I mean how dare they not consult the op before deciding who should present the show if one of the advisers at work today decides to swap duties quickly I will make sure the OP is informed immediately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I simply thought it might slightly (I stress slightly!) be worthy of note that Riz did the headlines at 6, there was no opt at 6.15, and someone made their debut at 6.30 (he's presented the shorter bulletins for a while now) Whatever it was it can't have been too serious- as no one looked worried on camera. So probably ate something that didn't agree with her.

I don't know- Believe it or not I'm not that bothered either!

:)
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I simply thought it might slightly (I stress slightly!) be worthy of note that Riz did the headlines at 6, there was no opt at 6.15, and someone made their debut at 6.30 (he's presented the shorter bulletins for a while now) Whatever it was it can't have been too serious- as no one looked worried on camera. So probably ate something that didn't agree with her.
    Why are you assuming that she was in any way unwell? Even your favourite TV people have homes to go to, family events to attend/arrange, home repairs to look after etc.etc. There are a host of possible reasons why she might have gone off duty immediately after the 6.00 appearence (and maybe even that was recorded earlier).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you wouldn't have someone do 10 seconds at 6pm if they weren't going to stick around to do the 6.30 would you?

I'm now thoroughly bored with this myself- and I started the sodding thread!
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you wouldn't have someone do 10 seconds at 6pm if they weren't going to stick around to do the 6.30 would you?
    Like I said, maybe the 6pm bit was recorded before she went home a couple of hours earlier and nobody else was available until 6.30. These things happen in the best of organisations without there being any dramatic reason.
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Deleted - cant be bothered.
  • Options
    singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted - cant be bothered.

No please tell us?
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm now thoroughly bored with this myself- and I started the sodding thread!

Well Ellie Chrissel (phon) does 45 seconds at 8 pm and we don't see her any other time of day:eek:
  • Options
    singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Well Ellie Chrissel (phon) does 45 seconds at 8 pm and we don't see her any other time of day:eek:

So is Riz been demoted?
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    singhss1 wrote: »
    So is Riz been demoted?

Sorry, what? What tense is that in?
  • Options
    ZenithZenith Posts: 3,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot believe all the hostility in this thread!

I was also wondering what had happened to Riz Lateef. I have always assumed that the "coming up" pieces were live, so something must have happened between 6pm & 6.30.

If they are pre-recorded, then why wasn't a recording shown at 6.15 instead of the sports news?

...and they should have had time to alter the caption surely?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,993
    Forum Member
    Zenith wrote: »
    Cannot believe all the hostility in this thread!

I was also wondering what had happened to Riz Lateef. I have always assumed that the "coming up" pieces were live, so something must have happened between 6pm & 6.30.

If they are pre-recorded, then why wasn't a recording shown at 6.15 instead of the sports news?

...and they should have had time to alter the caption surely?

It may have been generated from what was on the script?

If they didn't know who was going to present the bulletin till the last moment they may not have had time or just forgot to change the caption.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well. I've returned after 5 hours to see how you are all getting on without me!

Thinking about it, I suppose my factually correct opening statement was the kind of post that couldn't generate a useful reply. As in- agreed- we don't know why she did the 10 second op, and then no more.

So- Why reply? All the sarky people who don't care, and yet they do care enough to make a post to say they don't care (there are a few honourable exceptions on this thread- but not many)

So- although I didn't deliberately set out to be a troll I now know exactly how to get some people going- start a thread on a small, insignificant matter, that may be of interest to a few, to which there is no immediate explanation- and sit back and watch people who don't know either make daft comments in reply.

Quite good fun really.

Same time, same place, next week, chaps?
  • Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well. I've returned after 5 hours to see how you are all getting on without me!

Thinking about it, I suppose my factually correct opening statement was the kind of post that couldn't generate a useful reply. As in- agreed- we don't know why she did the 10 second op, and then no more.

So- Why reply? All the sarky people who don't care, and yet they do care enough to make a post to say they don't care (there are a few honourable exceptions on this thread- but not many)

So- although I didn't deliberately set out to be a troll I now know exactly how to get some people going- start a thread on a small, insignificant matter, that may be of interest to a few, to which there is no immediate explanation- and sit back and watch people who don't know either make daft comments in reply.

Quite good fun really.

Same time, same place, next week, chaps?

I love the sarcastic tone of your post berating the sarky people. My comment makes this a sarcastic post dipped in a sarcastic post, wrapped in a range of sarcastic posts.
  • Options
    gateauxgateaux Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Riz is ok. Her breasts are deceptively large.