✭✭
    workhorse wrote: »
    good point regards his earned wealth.

They should both be halved.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    You say there are two sides to a story and say I hope she fights him tooth and nail call him a lowlife?

I see she's on holiday with the children in Mexico, how convienent a photographer was around to snap some happy pictures of her on her own with the children.

He has a chequered past regarding drugs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Myleene comes across a nice girl. It looks like the guy married her to get his paws on her cash.She earned all that money herself, so why is he entitled to it. Is she entitled to half his company.
    She would have been wise to have had a prenup and not wed or trusted an ex.drug dealer.Unless you earn it, its not yours and that goes for both genders.

She was very naive not to get him to sign a pre-nup, but she obviously trusted him.

I think she loved him 100% she knew all about his drug dealing, but still stayed with him.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myleene comes across a nice girl. It looks like the guy married her to get his paws on her cash.She earned all that money herself, so why is he entitled to it. Is she entitled to half his company.
    She would have been wise to have had a prenup and not wed or trusted an ex.drug dealer.Unless you earn it, its not yours and that goes for both genders.

The women who don't earn it seem to do get half or more :rolleyes:
  • L-unaL-una Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    So you would oppose a divorce court ruling a husband transfer the home into his wife's name so she can on living there if they have children?

As a wife who's stayed at home to look after the children and has no pension....you'd say she's entitled to nothing as she earned sweet FA.

In Myleene's case she's said to have earned £12m all he's asked for is the amount agreed when they splitabout £1.5m. Or does she want to prove to her kids their father doesn't love them by her being the only who can whisk them away on exotic holidays.

I think if this situation were reversed nobody would have a problem with it-which I think is quite sad.So many men get screwed by women financially,property and children being used by the women as financial pawns.

I've never quite believed that it was all his fault.Their split - it just seemed so sudden.But I don't know what went on behind closed doors none of us do.

So what I'd say is that it's only money they should come to some sort of amicable agreement and walk away with their dignity intact and hopefully move on with their lives.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    He has a chequered past regarding drugs.

And she has a chequered past regarding singing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she has a chequered past regarding singing.

Very poor comeback.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of us know the why's and wherefores, but hopefully any settlement will put the children first.

This.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I doubt very much that some tabloid rag has the inside track on Mylene's marriage break up or divorce settlement. It sounds like someone heard part of a story, made up the rest and now some people are taking it as gospel.
    Forum Member
    I doubt very much that some tabloid rag has the inside track on Mylene's marriage break up or divorce settlement. It sounds like someone heard part of a story, made up the rest and now some people are taking it as gospel.

I think you may be right.

From one article, above a photo...
    Quinn has earned his own money form his bodybuilding business and Myleene has reportedly offered him half of the sale of their £2.5million home.

And below the photo
    ...planning to sell the £3.2million home they shared in Hertfordhire
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabriella wrote: »
    He deserves it all. Myleene must have been a total chore to be with.

Well unless she had a complete and total personality change at the wedding reception..... then he had a decade to know her completely, and then proceeded to marry her, only to do a flit a matter of months later. Didn't she also find out through estate agents that he had been viewing apartments for himself months before he walked out.... so it all seems very very calculated.

He probably knew well at the time of the wedding that the gig was up with regards to the relationship... but having it legal is what would get him the windfall.

Tosser. She always strikes me as a great hard working girl, who has through her own efforts forged a great career for herself and seems devoted to her girls. She is well rid of this leech, and good luck to her for the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Well unless she had a complete and total personality change at the wedding reception..... then he had a decade to know her completely, and then proceeded to marry her, only to do a flit a matter of months later. Didn't she also find out through estate agents that he had been viewing apartments for himself months before he walked out.... so it all seems very very calculated.

He probably knew well at the time of the wedding that the gig was up with regards to the relationship... but having it legal is what would get him the windfall.

Tosser. She always strikes me as a great hard working girl, who has through her own efforts forged a great career for herself and seems devoted to her girls. She is well rid of this leech, and good luck to her for the future.

This.

I genuinely believe that Myleene loved this man 100%.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conchie wrote: »

Indeed. Myleene gets a lot of flack for the situation when he was the one viewing property after three months of marriage. Clearly if something was amiss in his mind then it certainly didn't happen overnight, nor does it appear he took the time to talk it over with her.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    The women who don't earn it seem to do get half or more :rolleyes:

I was referring to money earned before a marriage not after.A woman or man who stays at home and looks after kids/home contributes equally to the marriage and in fact sacrifices their own ambitions etc to do this.
    Anything either of them earned pre marriage is theirs. Anything after, including the home is 50/50.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was referring to money earned before a marriage not after.A woman or man who stays at home and looks after kids/home contributes equally to the marriage and in fact sacrifices their own ambitions etc to do this.
    Anything either of them earned pre marriage is theirs. Anything after, including the home is 50/50.

What if the woman in question only wanted to be a WAG and spent all her husband's money on clothes and hair extensions, not earning anything herself of course, but staying at home whilst the kids go to school?
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if the woman in question only wanted to be a WAG and spent all her husband's money on clothes and hair extensions, not earning anything herself of course, but staying at home whilst the kids go to school?
    She is still according to law entitled to half as are male partners.

He knew the score when he married her I would presume.If you want a professional woman marry one, btw plenty of Wags have their own careers e.g Victoria Beckham.
    If a woman spent a certain time at home, then she would have to retrain and upskill. That takes time.
    But plenty of men , well off ones in particular marry for arm candy, youth, looks etc and expect the woman to look after /focus on them alone and be available at all times.
    In any case Myleene was a hardworking career woman, so this does not apply.
    Forum Member
    She was distraught she wanted privacy...but her friends for some reason let slip he'd left her..on her birthday, her friends made sure the media knew he'd bought a flat before the split....then they threw in a hint of a secret girlfriend.

She was now hyperventilating (in private) over the thought he had another woman...so what do her friends do to ease her pain...they put a name in the frame...job done a 'love rat'.

For such a private person she has a lot of friends with big mouths.

Apart from one minor interview has the ex done any interviews?

Apart from denying the rumour spread by so called 'friends' of Myleene has the named girlfriend done any interviews or shown to have lied ?

Someone's been placing stories on behalf of Myleene, why if she wanted privacy?

Except she's now saying she doesn't know why he quit the marriage.
    It’s 18 months since Myleene’s world collapsed around her. With no warning, and before they’d even picked up the marriage certificate, Quinn – her one-time bodyguard from her Hear’Say pop band days and father to Ava, six, and Hero, two – announced their marriage was over. Their honeymoon period has been spent in the divorce courts, with him claiming a sizeable chunk of her £11 million fortune.

For legal reasons (‘and because I refuse to wash my dirty linen in public, for the sake of my children’), she can’t talk openly about that side of the split. She did tweet recently, however, about one of her big regrets in life being that she didn’t ‘get a pre-nup’, which she says she stands by today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That situation was flipped with my friend's husband. Complete scrounger, he never worked a day in his life or contributed any money to HER house that he moved into that she had for 5 years before they got together (and yes, we pointed out loud & clear numerous times that she could do much better than him), they married, had a child and he cheated on her and got caught.

Despite having never brought any money into the house (he spent all his dole money down the pub and STILL doesn't contribute any CSA 4 years after divorce) he was awarded £18k in their divorce, being "his share of the house" during their 3 year marriage.

The law is truly an ass.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That situation was flipped with my friend's husband. Complete scrounger, he never worked a day in his life or contributed any money to HER house that he moved into that she had for 5 years before they got together (and yes, we pointed out loud & clear numerous times that she could do much better than him), they married, had a child and he cheated on her and got caught.

Despite having never brought any money into the house (he spent all his dole money down the pub and STILL doesn't contribute any CSA 4 years after divorce) he was awarded £18k in their divorce, being "his share of the house" during their 3 year marriage.

The law is truly an ass.

That is absolutely disgusting, report him to the benefits office, I'm sure they are only allowed so much in savings, I bet he hasn't declared it
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    That is absolutely disgusting, report him to the benefits office, I'm sure they are only allowed so much in savings, I bet he hasn't declared it

I experienced the other side of it, my sister paid up to get rid, I was fuming she let him get so much, she had provided for but at least, he has gone.

It may not be so much money as Myleen but on a pay scale, it was.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The law is truly an ass.

I have a friend who lost her parents in a car crash when she was15 and got a big insurance pay out plus inherited the house.
    She met a complete kn*bhead when she was 18 who bled, her dry, never worked ad just sat on his a*se all day long. Even after she had the kids, he didn't work and she went back full time when both were a few months old.
    He ended up ruing up so many debts that the house was repossessed, he left her for another mug, sorry woman, and she now lives in a council flat and works 2 jobs.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I have a friend who lost her parents in a car crash when she was15 and got a big insurance pay out plus inherited the house.
    She met a complete kn*bhead when she was 18 who bled, her dry, never worked ad just sat on his a*se all day long. Even after she had the kids, he didn't work and she went back full time when both were a few months old.
    He ended up ruing up so many debts that the house was repossessed, he left her for another mug, sorry woman, and she now lives in a council flat and works 2 jobs.

:eek::eek: Thats shocking!! What a rubbish time she's had.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

Did she put the house in his name as well as her own.. A valuable lesson to learn.. If you own a house before you meet someone ..keep it in your name..
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't much care for Myleene a few years back. Thought she was a bit of a 'player' and seemed to like to put herself across as an authority on everything. For the most part, I was wrong. She seems like, as others have said, a decent, hard-working woman who deserved better in terms of relationships. Still, you can't always help who you fall in love with and I feel pretty bad for her in this situation. I'm sure she'll come out of it stronger and wiser because she seems the kind to pick herself up and move on gracefully. Admire that. I mean- Myleene versus Katie Price and how she has handled her numerous relationship break-ups....not even fair to put them in the same sentence.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you know he only married her for the money? You don't.

For all we know she could present one face to the public and in private be a right cow who nagged him all the time for not being "good enough" or "earning enough" or "being there for her enough". Maybe she was at home? Maybe he had to marry because she wanted it and may of denied him access to the kids?

I have no idea if what I wrote is the truth because I'm not him or her but there are always two sides to a story and we have only heard hers.

So a man/ women who stays at home, helps their spouses career, brings up the kids, looks after the house whilst they are married they then shouldn't be entitled to anything during that marriage because "they didn't earn anything?" What is this? The 1960's??!