Options

The Walking Dead - Season 4 (UK Pace)

Comments

• Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ddmatt05 wrote: »
    Just caught up with episodes 2, 3, 4 and definitely think Carol is covering for Lizzie - also think it was at least Lizzie feeding the walkers as she was more upset when 'Nick' the walker was killed than her own dad. Even her own sister said she was messed up!! Unless I've misread who Nick was.

She also took Carol's knife after Carol cut a flower to put in her hair. Think Carol burned the bodies as it might have been obvious that the stabbing was done by someone with no experience thereby leading to one of the children being responsible.

Piglets :cry:

Its possible Lizzie killed Karen by piecing her through the skull like Carol did to her dad. I wonder if Lizzie will say this when she finds out Carol has been banished from the prison.
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is an interesting interview with Melissa McBride, who plays Carol, that was in the US press on 4th November, after this episode went out.

She gives her views on what happened, and I suppose some people will not want to read it because of fear of spoilers
    , although she does not actually tell us anything about is going to happen she does say that she is sure that Carol did kill the two people.

http://www.today.com/entertainment/melissa-mcbride-walking-dead-was-floored-ricks-decision-8C11522154?lite&lite=obnetwork
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How's this for a scenario........

Daryl's party notice a big lump of blood and guts by the side of Rick's crashed car............they stop to look around

Daryl notices the watch and believes Carol is dead..........but it's really Rick !
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the whole set up of Carol teaching the kids to use knives and calling Lizzie weak and naming the walkers, points to Lizzie being the guilty one. The whole thing seems so irrational to come from Carol. Perhaps Carol is covering out of guilt for the knife classes.
  • Options
    KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Why did Herschel suggest going to the vet college for antibiotics if what he thinks they are dealing with is a flu-like virus?

Did he say antibiotics? I thought they clearly established that they need to treat the symptoms because that's what's killing them, not the disease.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    during season 2 i liked a lot of the characters and it was scary when they were in danger..but now dont care what happens when im watching most of the time unless its carol or michonnne in the scenes..the whole show has lost momentum and has killed off too many important characters like andrea and not replaced them..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO the problem is that the story has become far too big, too many characters, hence you can't give them the time to warm to them, all off doing different things and you end up forgetting people. Why add the alcoholic to the mix, we have enough "damaged" people within the group without the need to add him, plus Herschel has already been discussing his alcohol issues for some time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Well, I clearly made the (to some people, clearly!) unforgiveable mistake of creating (purely innocently, I add) a new thread for WD under the 'US Shows' heading.

As I do not spend my entire waking life hovering around internet forums like DS's, I did not realise that WD was classed under 'cult' for discussion purposes...so I was a bit narked when a few other posters shot me down in flames for making what was, after all, a mistake.

Ye Gods, should any of the 'uninitiated' DARE to make an error in posting on here. There seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions about other posters like myself who simply aren't familiar with the 'codes' that seem to operate around these parts.:confused:

Anyway, that's my little gripe out of the way.

As to the WD, well, I am afraid to say that, in my opinion, the new US producers have sc**wed up Season Four, so far. Very disappointing.

Dull, dull, dull. Not sure if Carol DID commit those murders, but I guess it is plausible that it was the kid. Frankly, I don't really care. The whole 'second plague' storyline is awful.

They have made a terrible mistake by axeing the brilliant Laurie Holden as Andrea.

Such a great character. Infact, they should have kept Merle, too. This idea of sudden 'kill offs' is ok to a point, but it is now damaging the continuity feel and threatening the essence of the show.

That prison setting is not enough. It would have been better to have kept Thornbury, the Governer's town, in the mix.

I hope this season hots up, soon, or we may all fall asleep before the mid-season finale. Not sure how many eps are in the season. Is it 16?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I clearly made the (to some people, clearly!) unforgiveable mistake of creating (purely innocently, I add) a new thread for WD under the 'US Shows' heading.

As I do not spend my entire waking life hovering around internet forums like DS's, I did not realise that WD was classed under 'cult' for discussion purposes...so I was a bit narked when a few other posters shot me down in flames for making what was, after all, a mistake.

Ye Gods, should any of the 'uninitiated' DARE to make an error in posting on here. There seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions about other posters like myself who simply aren't familiar with the 'codes' that seem to operate around these parts.:confused:

As to the WD, well, I am afraid to say that, in my opinion, the new US producers have sc**wed up Season Four, so far. Very disappointing.

Dull, dull, dull. Not sure if Carol DID commit those murders, but I guess it is plausible that it was the kid. Frankly, I don't really care. The whole 'second plague' storyline is awful.

They have made a terrible mistake by axeing the brilliant Laurie Holden as Andrea.

Such a great character. Infact, they should have kept Merle, too. This idea of sudden 'kill offs' is ok to a point, but it is now damaging the continuity feel and threatening the essence of the show.

That prison setting is not enough. It would have been better to have kept Thornbury, the Governer's town, in the mix.

I hope this season hots up, soon, or we may all fall asleep before the mid-season finale. Not sure how many eps are in the season. Is it 16?

i agree with all of this..the show is just lacking in excitement / drama and suspense and they have axed too many crucial characters / people...woodbury was another dimension to the show/ really interesting and should have been kept but the grimness of the prison and the grim plots makes grim viewing... its gone back wards..the plague is just boring and shouldnt have been introduced as a story line plus im so sick of the prison and those zombies at the fence
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I completely agree about killing off Andrea was the biggest mistake the show ever did. Merle also had a stronger shelf life. Killing off characters for shock factor was awful, which they did in S3.... hence why they sacked the showrunner, Glen Mazzara.

I think the new showrunner, Scott Gimple, is doing a fantastic job with S4. I can well and truly say that I am invested in every single character's story, now, which in S3, it was just Andrea and Rick. Now, when we do lose a character, it will be heart breaking.

I don't think this season is boring at all, the writing is 100% better than S3: seasons 3 was a perpetual run-and-gun scenario, unauthentic dialogue and just....bad.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Won't be watching tonight, am recording it and watching it later in the week, am at my girlfriends plsce and don't have access to FOX TV
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    I completely agree about killing off Andrea was the biggest mistake the show ever did. Merle also had a stronger shelf life. Killing off characters for shock factor was awful, which they did in S3.... hence why they sacked the showrunner, Glen Mazzara.

I think the new showrunner, Scott Gimple, is doing a fantastic job with S4. I can well and truly say that I am invested in every single character's story, now, which in S3, it was just Andrea and Rick. Now, when we do lose a character, it will be heart breaking.

I don't think this season is boring at all, the writing is 100% better than S3: seasons 3 was a perpetual run-and-gun scenario, unauthentic dialogue and just....bad.

I disagree , that whole Carol as stone cold murderer out of nowhere doesn't ring true in the slightest . I'm just hoping they can rescue that plotline by revealing that someone else did it .
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    Did he say antibiotics? I thought they clearly established that they need to treat the symptoms because that's what's killing them, not the disease.
    That makes no sense - the disease is causing the symptoms that are killing them, ergo the disease is killing them.

And yes, he definitely told them to go to the vet college for antibiotics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    this is a bad boring episode so far the worst this series..im sick of the grim prison and the zombie 'clusters' and the virus is just ultra boring..why hasnt herschel got his superman cape on :rolleyes: why are they trying to revive people who are going to become zombies..:confused: the whole thing is ridiculous
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of the better episodes I reckon. And Herschel is essential to the show right now! Hes about the only moral centre left. If he goes you wonder what's worth fighting for in this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    how many times has the prison had zombies running amok,,rick is a joke leader..come on zombies go get em :D

the zombies must have been drinking iron bru as they seem much quicker and faster now..
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love Hershel and Maggie, them two and Carol are my favorite characters
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Based on tonight's episode Carol (if indeed it was Carol - and I think it was) did the right thing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Based on tonight's episode Carol (if indeed it was Carol - and I think it was) did the right thing!

i was just thinking this.
    last season rick left a hitchiker to die and now they are caring for the plague carrying dying soon to become zombies and risking their own health and everyones security/ home for it ..its nonsensical..yet carols banished.
    theres no way glen would have survived as well ...
    in any realistic zombie series the healthy group would have abandoned the ones carrying the plague and taken to the road..
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,175
    Forum Member
    Omg! He's Baaacckkk!!
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg! He's Baaacckkk!!

And hopefully he's brought a barrel load of plot progression with him.

The series sees to meandering along at the moment, content to continually repair the fence, stab some zombies at the fence and care for the sick. Though the latter may finally be over.

I still enjoy it, but there is something missing to make me think "can't wait for next week".
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed we never got to see Daryl's reaction this week.

Great to see The Governor is back next week, the show should come alive now.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely think its going to turn out that Carol was covering for the little girl, they are definitely making her out to be weird, did you notice her playing around with Glen's blood? Weird.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I definitely think its going to turn out that Carol was covering for the little girl, they are definitely making her out to be weird, did you notice her playing around with Glen's blood? Weird.

Yes, I think they may catch her in the act of trying to kill Glenn prematurely.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Batch wrote: »
    And hopefully he's brought a barrel load of plot progression with him.
    Agreed - last night's episode was a bit aimless and seemed to be made up as it went along. Mind you - I suppose that's how life during a zombie apocalypse is!
    I still enjoy it, but there is something missing to make me think "can't wait for next week".
    Me too - I still watch it and enjoy it - but to a much lesser extent than I used to (if I missed an episode I wouldn't go out of my way to try and catch up with it). My son has stopped watching altogether - we both agree that nothing has come close to series 1. He's catching up on Breaking Bad now - he's got something of a marathon going on right now watching episodes back-to-back from the beginning.