Options

Forum design feedback

Comments

• Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness ,come back on today ,after the debacle of this site last night ,and see 16 hours later nothing has changed It's still as SHIT as it was then (insert several red mad face smilies)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have GOT to be having a laugh! *Mr Red* *Mr Yawn* *Mr Sleep* *Mr Rolleyes*
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “Go down the bottom of this page, on the left and change the drop down to Mobile mode.”

Thank you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marlman wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems viewing forum on their phone?

it's near unusable on my iPhone the font is way too small and if you zoom in the bar at the top takes up over half the screen!

You would have thought someone would have tested it on some sought of phone before release.

Yes.

They got a bit carried away with the retro theme.

Smart phone? What's a smart phone?
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tasker wrote: »
    Somebody must be doing something somewhere, it's changed since i logged in a couple of ours ago.

Don't be breathing easy DS it's still a bag of s**t, in fact it looks even worse now than it did 2 hours ago.

Daisy on cowpat, daisy on cowpat.

Thing is; we need a JCB to shift the cowpat first.
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Can we please have it back how it was ?....im gagging for an
    argument now.
    Whos for a game of Modwatch ?
  • Options
    Trix71Trix71 Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it doesn't fit your screen, make sure you use mobile version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this an elaborate post modern answer to that thread about biggest internet trolls, yesterday? Cos I feel like we're being trolled stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trix71 wrote: »
    If it doesn't fit your screen, make sure you use mobile version.

But then it doesn't fit my eyeses.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mobile version certainly helps but it's still too bright and I'm getting a headache. I'm not particularly keen on installing yet another add-on just to compensate for one site either.

Sorry.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    marlman wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems viewing forum on their phone?

it's near unusable on my iPhone the font is way too small and if you zoom in the bar at the top takes up over half the screen!
    You would have thought someone would have tested it on some sought of phone before release.

Don't even mention looking at this mess via a phone, I couldn't bear it! My mobile is now relegated to doing something it's never been used for before - making calls.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose the only silver lining is that it has brought everyone together.
    No matter what our politics may be, our religion, or what football team we support, we are united on one thing..the redesign of DS stinks !

HEAR HEAR.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    Thank you.

That's ok, I've stapled a note to my cat to remember the instructions to post (grinning smilie) Mobile mode doesn't have smilies, but make up your own (waving hands in the air like he just don't care smilie)
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people posting in bold?

Surely if the contrast is too bright for some people and giving them headaches then making the contrast more defined is the last thing you should do?
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Is this an elaborate post modern answer to that thread about biggest internet trolls, yesterday? Cos I feel like we're being trolled stupid.

quoting this was the only way I could read it all......I instinctively reached for the eek
    smiley then remembered they killed him ..
    they killed the eek smiley.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Give the mobile view a go. It's a hell of a lot better. Not in functionality,
    but at least in visibility.

Well it's certainly easy to read in mobile view but the functionality is rubbish on a PC. Just try going to page 73 in this thread using the mobile on a PC! Then (10 minutes later when you get there) try posting an "eek!" smiley and emboldening the result!

So thanks, yes I tried it but no it doesn't help much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely if the contrast is too bright for some people and giving them headaches then making the contrast more defined is the last thing you should do?

It's not so much about contrast as about getting snow blindness from the white and eyestrain from the feeble grey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't tell us down below whether the one mythical mod is on duty or not.

Wait! - is that tumbleweed I see breezing across the deserted floor of DS (crumbling) Towers?

It's like something out of 28 Days Later.
  • Options
    PaulLFCPaulLFC Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaand the custom styles thread has been deleted. Didn't take them long :D

Now how about responding to some feedback, DS? No? Oh.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alert!! Mods have escaped as they are closing threads on forum!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Well it's certainly easy to read in mobile view but the funcionality is rubbish on a PC. Just try going to page 73 in this thread using the mobile on a PC! Then (10 minutes later when you get there) try posting an "eek!" smiley and emboldening the result!

So thanks, yes I tried it but no it doesn't help much.

And on a fast moving thread, hitting refresh now no longer puts me to the (new) end of the thread, but some godforsaken noman'sland.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Because I look like Marty Feldman straining on the toilet, unless I can see my own posts in bold.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    It's not so much about contrast as about getting snow blindness from the white and eyestrain from the feeble grey.

I find the bold far more painful to read.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I Am Now Seriously, Seriously, Seriously Downright Hopping Mad, Incandescent With Rage , Ready To Commit Mass Murder On A Catastrophic Scale Fooking Fuming Like A Overheated Boiler. When The Bloody Buggering F*ck Is This Complete And Utter Shambles Going To Be Sorted, I Am 3 Steps Away From Loosing It And My Fists Are Clenched So Tight I Need A Crowbar To Uncurl Them. Sort Out This Heinious, Despicable, Unacceptable, Abomination Ds Before You Loose Virtually Every Member, Because The Way This Is Going A Tumbleweed Will Be Blowing Across The Site By Tonight. People Are Fed Up, Irritated And So Worked Up Their Ready To Kill, So Get This Fecking Sh!tfest Sorted - It's A Super-cronic-fecking-pisstake-ds-is-atrocious
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alert!! Mods have escaped as they are closing threads on forum!!!

Hahahaha.
This discussion has been closed.