Options

Have you ever encountered any rude celebs?

Comments

• Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    Ali Gi burps and doesn't say pardon.

Hunk I'd actually be disappointed if he did. :)
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    K9 once peed on my shoes.

Legend. :cool:
  • Options
    woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone ever met Ronan Keating?

I have several times and he was lovely on all ocasions. Also if you do a search on twitter I have barely seen a tweet from anyone that says he is anything other than charming!
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »
    I have several times and he was lovely on all ocasions. Also if you do a search on twitter I have barely seen a tweet from anyone that says he is anything other than charming!

Regrettably, I can't agree.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

Come one, you cant just say that - tease.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    sigorney weaver is very above everyone. as was quentin tarantino when i met him. Kevin spacey was lovely.

Quentin Tarantino is suspected of having Asperger's, if true I can understand why he was perhaps perceived as being a bit up himself. But I don't know either way, so to excuse him without knowing the facts would be a bit previous.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike Smith, who used to do the Radio 1 breakfast show, was completely ignorant when a couple of kids politely asked for his autograph. He muttered something and stormed past them.
    Also nasty from some accounts is Noel Edmonds. He once opened a local Co Op and referred to the crowd as common people and one of my friends asked for his autograph outside the BBC and was told to f off.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Mike Smith, who used to do the Radio 1 breakfast show, was completely ignorant when a couple of kids politely asked for his autograph. He muttered something and stormed past them.
    Also nasty from some accounts is Noel Edmonds. He once opened a local Co Op and referred to the crowd as common people and one of my friends asked for his autograph outside the BBC and was told to f off.

From memory, both Noely & Smitty refused to let Uk Gold repeat their editions of Totp.

How to p*** off the punters part one.

Refuse permission to repeat your old material!
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    From memory, both Noely & Smitty refused to let Uk Gold repeat their editions of Totp.

How to p*** off the punters part one.

Refuse permission to repeat your old material!

However, where is Mike Smith now, he was like the next Noel Edmonds and then his career nosedived about 20 years ago. Can't say I'm upset and Edmonds now is reduced to hosting an inane daytime game show that hardly anyone watches.
    However, I did meet Whoo Gary Davies around the same time and he was quite pleasant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charles Saatchi helped out at our bring and buy once. Rolled up his sleeves and did all the washing up. Smashing fellah. No side to him.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charles Saatchi helped out at our bring and buy once. Rolled up his sleeves and did all the washing up. Smashing fellah. No side to him.

Ted bundy once worked on a suicide helpline with the crime writer ann rule and was apparently a great guy according to those who worked there. Just to point out especially in the saatchi case appearances can be deceiving.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ted bundy once worked on a suicide helpline with the crime writer ann rule and was apparently a great guy according to those who worked there. Just to point out especially in the saatchi case appearances can be deceiving.

Jimmy Savile was a volunteer hospital porter, of course.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    However, where is Mike Smith now, he was like the next Noel Edmonds and then his career nosedived about 20 years ago. Can't say I'm upset and Edmonds now is reduced to hosting an inane daytime game show that hardly anyone watches.
    However, I did meet Whoo Gary Davies around the same time and he was quite pleasant.

Re the Mike Smith comment.

I could give you a witty reply but whether it be in good taste is another matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True 100%

Psychopaths don't look like killers they do after all create a facade for themselves nice guy in public total arse behind closed doors. Funny you always find that like the BTK killer he was outwardly a nice church going guy but was one of the most infamous killers in US history
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bet his ex wife would disagree with you.
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    My friends dad works for the record company of which Anistacia is contracted to and apprantly she is a rude, stuck-up and a right proper diva.

Apprantly everybody has to move out the way when her and her entourage are walking aroudn the record company's HQ. :eek:

This isn't true. I've met the lady twice and she was nothing but pleasant. Signed all my stuff and thanked me.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stayed in the same hotel as Derek Martin, Charlie Slater from Eastenders, in Majorca. He was a nice friendly bloke, there with one of his twin sons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    No I have not. I saw Martin Sheen once when I was in DC and he was the nicest guy ever. Stopped and waved to us and also let us get pictures with him.
  • Options
    SpiderKellySpiderKelly Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    gemccurday wrote: »
    I was on a Glasgow-London flight with Robbie Coltrane a few years ago. When we landed, the cabin crew got his hand luggage down for him and helped him put on his jacket. Later at the luggage carousel, one of the female cabin crew asked him if she could have his autograph if it wasn't too much trouble. He snapped at her to go away and said that her asking was "totally inappropriate" and gave her a really nasty look.

Went fishing with Gazza and Ally McCoist once and they were hillarious.

Serving in the Navy, I regularly had to travel between Glasgow and London by air. I witnessed and was appalled by Robbie Coltrane's arrogance & rudeness several times. He was always having a hissy fit, the stewardess treated him like Royalty.

Several years later he was filming a scene from Cracker at my shore establishment involving a RN helicopter. Other military guys mentioned approaching him for autographs etc. I told them about his behaviour and that I envisaged he would ingnore them. Well surprisingly they all came back and said what a complete s*+%t he was and blanked them.

At a cocktail party on a aircraft carrier, I met Lord Robertson who was Defence Minister at the time. We had a good chat about the pubs in Hamilton for about 10 minutes, he was really a nice chap.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maureen Lipman once gave my boyfriend a mouthful of abuse when he was trying to park in Muswell Hill. Apparently he was holding her up.
  • Options
    craftymuffincraftymuffin Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By all accounts Dennis Waterman is a nasty piece of work. Someone Mr C knows saw him on location and asked for his autograph. Waterman told him to F off.

I found Paul Martin of Flog It to be a bit off.
  • Options
    tszujmetszujme Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's an infamous story on Mumsnet about a longterm poster slapping him for being nasty to a young teenage fan and trying to trap her head in a car window.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Has anyone ever met Ronan Keating?

(Not my story, posted from elsewhere):

I went to a Gary Barlow concert (no judging) at the Royal Albert Hall in 1997. Afterwards my mum said we could wait outside to see if I could get an autograph, it appears there was a bit of a get together inside and a few pop stars of the time came out like 911 (one of which was inviting me back to his- I looked older but, still) and someone no one will remember called Connor Reeves who was lovely. Everyone has had a drink but it seemed pretty tame.

Then Boyzone came out (minus Mikey) and had probably drunk a bit more, Stephen Gately couldn't stand or really talk and was almost carried to the car. I asked politely for an autograph (there was a max of 10 people waiting) and they went mental shouting why should they? I wasn't at their concert and they weren't getting any money or anything from it. I was shocked and just said nothing, and my mum said to just ignore them they were just being silly because they'd had a few drinks. They then all got into the car / people carrier.

After 5 mins or so the window rolls down and RK calls over to me and says they're sorry, it's just a bit late and they were wrong, come over and they'll sign my programme. I went over and had to lean into the window to hand my book to him at which point whilst cackling he presses the button to shut the window on my head. At which point my mum walked over, made sure I was ok, opened the door and punched him straight in the face.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    tszujme wrote: »

There's an infamous story on Mumsnet about a longterm poster slapping him for being nasty to a young teenage fan and trying to trap her head in a car window.

Lol how did I not see this before I posted :lol:
  • Options
    Rainy DaysRainy Days Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    edited 28/07/17 - 07:21 #1876
    That's one of the most awful celebrity encounter stories I've ever read, intoxciation. I am so sorry for the person who was treated like that, how thoroughly despicable. :angry:

On another note I am saddened to hear of Robbie Coltrane being so horrible. I appreciate celebs are only human and being approached all the time must be unpleasant but there is never an excuse for the level of rudeness some respond with.