Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    You may be right - but do they write anything for themselves?? -all I've found so far are covers - very good ones - but still covers..

Pure acapella comes around every now and then (Welsh male choirs do this as well)

That I don't know. I just found out about them on Tues. because of office water cooler conversation, which is one reason I'm flagging this in a LM thread. LM is not yet being talked about widely here. We can go on about chart positions and whatever but until they are on people's radar they won't break through.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB0CUk3g-zo

Not sure if it's already here. LM on Alan Carr.

T4P... Good to see Jesy doing her add libs. Shortened version but they did well.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought the Little Me EP! :D

Tip if you want to buy it type this in the search bar

Little Me (Remixes)

Otherwise you wont find it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Exactly this. I love Little Me the song, but I can't even watch the full video for once it's that boring, the worst part is that you have (random) people talking in between which makes an already not so good video even worse.

Btw, does anyone know why Move has suddenly risen to #12?

I never really got into the song but your comment is quite harsh.
    I totally sympathise, sound a bit sob stories, but hey that's what makes the success of shows like the xfactor.
    No other artist has ever taken that risk b4... It's far maturer than CYL I say.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just noticed the ep has been released, thought they were going to wait to January, move was only released last month, someone really wants to get this single out the way
  • Options
    TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason its not on YouTube is so Fremantle won't find and have it taken down.

LM now have Pentatonix to contend with in the US.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBmGvaVvLb8

Check out their Royals cover, its really good. As a fan of harmonies I'm thrilled there seems to be a revival going on.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=E9XQ2MdNgKY

As a fan of harmonies also, thanks for this! Really good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    I just noticed the ep has been released, thought they were going to wait to January, move was only released last month, someone really wants to get this single out the way

Its been on the Dec. 30 week release schedule for a while now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been on the Dec. 30 week release schedule for a while now.

I don't keep track of their schedules, wish it was released in Jan though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    aldu wrote: »
    I never really got into the song but your comment is quite harsh.
    I totally sympathise, sound a bit sob stories, but hey that's what makes the success of shows like the xfactor.
    No other artist has ever taken that risk b4... It's far maturer than CYL I say.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, I just don't think it's necessary to have those talking bits (fair enough if you have them at the beginning to introduce the video, but cutting them in the middle of the song is so distractive).

JLS's Pound video has the same concept, and I think that one is shot much better and more entertaining.
  • Options
    TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Little me" has a clear intended audience. It's not everyone's taste, not my favourite either, but I like the loyalty and thought they are showing their core fanbase with this tune.

It's sad to see so many young girls crippled by insecurities and self doubt only to have regrets later in life. The message of this song and CYL with their intention is really worthwhile.

Bigger songs with broad appeal and commercial clout will follow. ( Salute being one of them! :) )
    But as artists, to write a simple heartfelt song that actually does inspire some young girl to be confident and go on to achieve her goals has to be infinitly rewarding for the girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't keep track of their schedules, wish it was released in Jan though

I'm wondering...hoping...that there's a big US/UK campaign in store that is being kept quiet for now. The timing of Little Me certainly feels like it was slotted in before something else when their overall schedule is considered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That I don't know. I just found out about them on Tues. because of office water cooler conversation, which is one reason I'm flagging this in a LM thread. LM is not yet being talked about widely here. We can go on about chart positions and whatever but until they are on people's radar they won't break through.

Yep. The only thing that will get LM on people's radar is a hit single that gets played a lot on radio, assisted by rave reviews for their performances on the Demi tour. They don't have the luxury 5H have of being in the country all the time so Epic and Cowell can cram them down people's throats everywhere, after the Demi tour they will likely be absent again for a good while as they undertake their tour and return to Japan. They have to leave something behind for them to be remembered by whilst there in Feb/March. If they don't then it's probably time to accept it's not going to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly would not keep up with a 1D punishing schedule if I were a well known artist.
    I am pretty sure I would be in a yard or rehab being treated for homesickness, depression and exhaustion.
    I just want the girls to humbly take their time and not rush to get all at once ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they finally tweeted about the ep
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure an advert for 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' on 4Music uses the instrumental of 'A Different Beat'.

I'm sure I heard it too.

Little Mix are sure becoming the 'instrumental queens' of 2013 :p
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Yep. The only thing that will get LM on people's radar is a hit single that gets played a lot on radio, assisted by rave reviews for their performances on the Demi tour. They don't have the luxury 5H have of being in the country all the time so Epic and Cowell can cram them down people's throats everywhere, after the Demi tour they will likely be absent again for a good while as they undertake their tour and return to Japan. They have to leave something behind for them to be remembered by whilst there in Feb/March. If they don't then it's probably time to accept it's not going to happen.

I completely agree (sadly).

I think that they have the perfect single with move, and they need to go for it, visit radios, work hard & make the best of whatever time they have in the US.
    It won't happen on its own for them, they don't have the fanbase to force the radios to play the song, and there is no global awareness of their existance for now... But they have a great song and the performance skills to pull it off!

I really hope that they'll give it their all. For now, while the sales are not awful, they aren't amazing either, are they?
    However, Move's longevity in the charts proves that it was the right 1st single, and I think it's perfect for the US as well.

I hope for them to succeed, make a real mark in the US (more than they did with the 1st album). Considering that they did OK with minimal promo with the previous album, if they put more time into promoting this time around, they could do great.
    aldu wrote: »
    I certainly would not keep up with a 1D punishing schedule if I were a well known artist.
    I am pretty sure I would be in a yard or rehab being treated for homesickness, depression and exhaustion.
    I just want the girls to humbly take their time and not rush to get all at once ...

I don't see what humbleness has to do with working hard & trying to break America (or the world). Or does it mean that people who want to succeed & have a career plan are not humble? If the girls are ambitious & want to make it all around the world, I don't see what's wrong with it. They just need to give it their best shot, at least there is no regret.
    Promoting & working hard is part of the popstar job (despite the fact that people like to think that they are pampered & priviledged, it's a tough job IMO).

I think that if there is a time to give it their all in America, it's with the release of this album & this single.
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else had dreams/thoughts about the Salute video?

It's all cliche but I just imagine military uniform. The girls on an island with an army of women (different racial groups, different body types) just going wild against a group of men. This will get everybody talking... if they pull it off... it could be a game changer. This could cause a variety of debates etc... sexism is such an important topic, if they get this right visually it could be great.

This video needs to be BIG, I think me and CasualViewer have emphasised on the importance of this video, if they release the song of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's all cliche but I just imagine military uniform. The girls on an island with an army of women (different racial groups, different body types) just going wild against a group of men.

Wouldn't that be slightly ironic after their infamous "we aren't feminists, we don't hate men' statement?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    They have to leave something behind for them to be remembered by whilst there in Feb/March. If they don't then it's probably time to accept it's not going to happen.

Whoa whoa, that's Draconian! So now there's a time limit too? No, as we've seen historically sometimes all it takes is that one big hit which can come anytime. They haven't got anywhere near the point of constantly being shoved down throats and the public resisting in the US.

And forget the humble. Madonna and Rihanna didn't get where they are by being nice girls. Be grateful but be determined.

It's all cliche but I just imagine military uniform. The girls on an island with an army of women (different racial groups, different body types) just going wild against a group of men. This will get everybody talking... if they pull it off... it could be a game changer. This could cause a variety of debates etc... sexism is such an important topic, if they get this right visually it could be great.

Nooooooooooo. The way to fight exclusion isn't by more exclusion. I see enough of that at work. Walk a mile in another's killer heels and boots. How would you feel if it was a male group going against women in a video? Outrage! And why alienate a group you want to cultivate?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the UK chart, everything's been turned on it's head because of the gift cards almost every song is up 30+ lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they finally tweeted about the ep

#LittleMeIsOutNOW in the UK! The bundle includes the girls Xtra Factor performance! #LittleMeToNumber1 Mixers HQ x
    smarturl.it/LittleMeBundle

Why didn't they mention the performance on the EP before?
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Me Chart Run:

39-19 (2 Weeks)

That Jump!! :)
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Little Me Chart Run:

39-19 (2 Weeks)

That Jump!! :)

Not bad at all. Another climb is due next week if iTunes is any indication. Hopefully top 10 is in reach! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see where Move is then :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little me took Move's place lol
This discussion has been closed.