Options

breaking bad

Comments

• Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    That's just it, Walt was a physical wimp but a mental genius.

He wouldn't win a fight with a lollipop lady, but he could rig her lollipop to rotate and chop her head off.

That or put ricin in her sugar substitute! :D
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt realise how he kbew about the bomb in the car. Its the sort of thing you pick up on second viewing.

I also think its quite clever the way most of the episode intros only ever make sense a few episodes later!

A great example is walt buying the New hampshire number plate car in s5e1 which he later uses in the final ep
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Didnt realise how he kbew about the bomb in the car. Its the sort of thing you pick up on second viewing.

I also think its quite clever the way most of the episode intros only ever make sense a few episodes later!

A great example is walt buying the New hampshire number plate car in s5e1 which he later uses in the final ep

The mid air collision was the best example of that. They showing elements of it now and then for 2 or 3 episodes. None of it made sense until the episode where we actually see the crash. Keeps us guessing and on our toes the whole time.

Another excellent example is in season 1, when Walt is walking along a road in a rough neighbourhood, bag in hand, sirens going off, surrounded by thugs. It was a lot later that we actually see that this was the aftermath of Walt blowing up Tuco's office.
  • Options
    Chris197800Chris197800 Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if or when they will be re-running this show in the UK? I really want to see it but haven't seen a single episode and am not even sure which channel was broadcasting it over here.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if or when they will be re-running this show in the UK? I really want to see it but haven't seen a single episode and am not even sure which channel was broadcasting it over here.

the only way you'll legally be able to watch it in the UK is on Netflix.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was never really aired on UK tv, so I don't think it will be shown now, but I could be wrong.

Could always sign up to netflix, first month is free and you can cancel at any time, all seasons are on there.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup. Netflix only. It's well worth the subscription, though - £5.99 per month and you get Breaking Bad and a tonne of other stuff.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Or buy the DVDs/Blu-Ray disc of it. If you buy a season as you watch it, by the time you get to season 5, it will be a reasonable price.

Alternatively do what everyone else did get it elsewhere ;)

Just seen the 2 hour documentary on the making of season 5. great stuff! (Only available on the complete Blu-Ray set. Or of course, elsewhere ;) )

But anyway, beg, steal or borrow it and get watching.
  • Options
    rovermacrovermac Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    The mid air collision was the best example of that. They showing elements of it now and then for 2 or 3 episodes. None of it made sense until the episode where we actually see the crash. Keeps us guessing and on our toes the whole time.

Another excellent example is in season 1, when Walt is walking along a road in a rough neighbourhood, bag in hand, sirens going off, surrounded by thugs. It was a lot later that we actually see that this was the aftermath of Walt blowing up Tuco's office.

There were actually 4 episode,s and they were called in sequence 737...Down...Over....ABQ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Late to the Breaking Bad party but just to chip in and say I totally relate to the comments about its addictive quality. 'Just one more episode' led to me going to bed at 3am last night. I'm half way through series two, I'm wondering as and when Hank will ever put two and two together? Don't tell me! ;)
  • Options
    rovermacrovermac Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lisa_joli wrote: »
    Late to the Breaking Bad party but just to chip in and say I totally relate to the comments about its addictive quality. 'Just one more episode' led to me going to bed at 3am last night. I'm half way through series two, I'm wondering as and when Hank will ever put two and two together? Don't tell me! ;)

I envy you it,s hardly even started yet :)
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get out of the thread if you've not seen it all !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member

Ha, yes, probably a good idea - just popped in to say how much I'm enjoying it ;-)
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched the first 4 episodes of Season 1.

Hooked. :)
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »

Oh, the nights I spent last summer binge watching Breaking Bad.

I have no regrets. Might even start rewatching it this week. :D :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »

Ha! Ha! There is no way out now!

Fortunately there is no better TV to waste your time on. It just keeps getting better and better. (Or worse and worse in the case of this show :D )

I wish I could go back to that innocence of it all being new. I've watched the whole thing twice through now and all the extras, out-takes and 2 hour documentary. And any interview I can find online.

Breaking Bad is as addictive as the product they sell.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You will find that most Breaking Bad addicts wouldn't dream of spoiling it for any one in any way. It's very much a show that you have to live yourself and telling people where they are going, ruins that journey.
  • Options
    jasperqmjasperqm Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Got our son the complete boxed set for Christmas and we are completely hooked! Watched all of 1st series and 5 episodes of series 2 - we all say just another episode, as watching one at a time is just not enough :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jasperqm wrote: »
    Got our son the complete boxed set for Christmas and we are completely hooked! Watched all of 1st series and 5 episodes of series 2 - we all say just another episode, as watching one at a time is just not enough :)

Many a 3am for me has been had watching Breaking Bad and a couple of 4am's as well. I enjoyed it better at night as it's not a day time programme in my eyes.

Having them all available is a good idea as I would have gone completely mad having to wait a week till the next episode and a year for an answer to any cliff-hangers.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished season 5!!! Been dying to come into this thread and now I finally can. I'll put my thoughts in spoiler tags as I can see that there's people in here who have just started watching it.
    Absolutely fantastic show!! Incredible!! Very well planned and thought out. The creators obviously had every little detail thought out from day one as everything fitted into place. When Hank got killed I thought that Walt was then going to go and kill Marie. For a moment, I did actually think that he may kill everyone...especially when he killed Mike and then Hank. I do have one question though...when Walt went to see Skylar in the final episode, how did he know where she was living? My heart was pounding in the final episode...I'm so glad Jesse survived.

I'm sad that it's over. I'm going to miss all of the characters. From season one until about half way through season 4, I was rooting for Walt no matter what he did. By season 5 though I was desperate for him to get caught. I loved Hank and Marie, Skylar too. I really want to see what Jesse does next in life, more of Marie. The scene were Marie hit Skylar was amazing, as was the garage scene where Hank confronts Walt. The scene where they burnt the body of the child was very emotional and powerful. Sad that's the series has finished, however the story has been told and would have been stupid to carry it on for the sake of it. At least now I can read up on the show, watch interviews etc!!
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! Ha! There is no way out now!

Fortunately there is no better TV to waste your time on. It just keeps getting better and better. (Or worse and worse in the case of this show :D )

I wish I could go back to that innocence of it all being new. I've watched the whole thing twice through now and all the extras, out-takes and 2 hour documentary. And any interview I can find online.

Breaking Bad is as addictive as the product they sell.

BIB I feel exactly the same way. It's a bit like reading a wonderful book and trying to stretch it out because you just don't want it to end.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone with post breaking bad blues may i recommend The Wire or Sopranos. Very different ahpws but just as good
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching all 5 seasons, I do have one criticism:
    I loved the whole series, but one slight criticism is that we don't know what happened to Skylar. I know Walt gave her the lottery ticket with the coordinates on and told her to give it to the Police in exchange for her being let off. However, what then? Did she do that? Did she get off? We don't know. I don't even feel as if it's something that has been left open ended or for the viewer to decide...I feel as if it's just been completely ignored. I loved Walt from season one but hated him by season 5, which the writers obviously intended to happen. To counteract Walt being the bad guy though, we have had all these good guys from day one...Marie, Hank, Skylar etc, however I do feel that slightly more could have been to end their parts in the show...whether it be a good or bad ending for them, something a little more was definitely needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished season 5!!! Been dying to come into this thread and now I finally can. I'll put my thoughts in spoiler tags as I can see that there's people in here who have just started watching it.
    Absolutely fantastic show!! Incredible!! Very well planned and thought out. The creators obviously had every little detail thought out from day one as everything fitted into place. When Hank got killed I thought that Walt was then going to go and kill Marie. For a moment, I did actually think that he may kill everyone...especially when he killed Mike and then Hank. I do have one question though...when Walt went to see Skylar in the final episode, how did he know where she was living? My heart was pounding in the final episode...I'm so glad Jesse survived.

I'm sad that it's over. I'm going to miss all of the characters. From season one until about half way through season 4, I was rooting for Walt no matter what he did. By season 5 though I was desperate for him to get caught. I loved Hank and Marie, Skylar too. I really want to see what Jesse does next in life, more of Marie. The scene were Marie hit Skylar was amazing, as was the garage scene where Hank confronts Walt. The scene where they burnt the body of the child was very emotional and powerful. Sad that's the series has finished, however the story has been told and would have been stupid to carry it on for the sake of it. At least now I can read up on the show, watch interviews etc!!

Only read if you have watched it all:
    I don't know about all being planned out as they were going to kill off Jesse at the end of season one!!! But there was a writers strike on at the time (which is why the first season is short) and that gave them time to see the chemistry between Jesse and Walt and that saved his life. Also the teaser where we see a clip of Walt in the dinner on his 52nd birthday and then we see him go to the car boot and there is a M60 Machine gun, they had no idea at that time what they were going to use the gun for as they hadn't written the final yet. Also in that same scene, Walt forgot to wear his watch that Jesse gave him and so that is why in the final he takes it off and leaves it on a petrol pump.

So I think Vince had a general arc to follow but many details were written on the fly as shows what a great writing team can do.

I found that I could never guess what was coming up. At the end of season 5 part 1 (so season five episode 8) when Hank put two and two together, I thought the last 8 episode would be Hank working it all out and gathering evidence so that in the final episode he would go in for the kill. Then they went straight for the Walt/Hank confrontation at the start of season 5 part 2. So that blew any ideas I had formed out of the window. I gave up guessing after that and just let them take me where they wanted to take me.

I liked all the characters as they were so real. Well actually I couldn't stand Marie (Interfering old cow!) but it was great to have her in the show. Gus scared me to death and season 4 episode 1 "Box cutter" I watched from behind the sofa.

There is going to be a spin off with the Saul Goodman character set before Breaking Bad so we could get some cameos from anyone. Planned for later this year.

If you don't object to downloading things from the internet torrents, do a search for: "Breaking.Bad.No.Half.Measures.720p.Bluray.x264-BTN" - It's the 2 hour documentary on the filming of Season 5. Both funny and emotional. A must see!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Many a 3am for me has been had watching Breaking Bad and a couple of 4am's as well. I enjoyed it better at night as it's not a day time programme in my eyes.
    I agree. It was a late-at-night thing -- had no regrets watching episodes in quick succession and staying up at 3am, even on workdays.

Your user name's quite familiar. :kitty: :p