Options

Jorgie gone

Comments

• Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon that was a script,the producers tried to make something entertaining out of the situation.

She has been in showbiz for long. Something like this sticks and she should have insisted on having that bit cut out. IMO Sylvain has come off a lot better, even better than Samia, who again has been tweeting stupid things.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    But it was scripted for her and she did not have the nous to insist it be changed, like it was a trap for her to fall into.

Indeed the problem is many voters don't understand whats intended to be a humerous VT , and the better you act it the more they believe it. Many voters will be the people who think soaps are real and can't understand irony either.

She also may not have the PR sense, or clout, to tell the producers to stop playing games with her for silly story value either. Bonnie, Suzanne, Zaraah, or Hayley might all be better at saying no.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I seem to be in the minority here as I like both Sylvain and Jorgie. Pairing them up for this was a new low for DOI I think - there was bound to be some awkwardness between them and the digs at Sylvain were totally out of order. How can they possibly expect us to take this seriously as a show to find the 'ultimate champion' when they screw over a talented skater like this!? It left a very nasty taste in my mouth. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Producers wanted to cause drama and tension and they did . . . at the expense of a really good skater.

I think most people would find it difficult to put to the back of their minds that of all the male pros on the show they were partnered with the one who publicly humiliated their best friend. I'm not sure anyone could develop a good working relationship after that has happened, naturally you want to support your friend. Although I think most people would be smart enough to keep their gob shut on camera. ;)

A real pity, Jorgie could have challenged Hayley, Ray and co if she'd stayed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alot of people couldnt get through to vote, i voted twice and got cut off twice, other people reported that to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    Producers wanted to cause drama and tension and they did . . . at the expense of a really good skater.

I think most people would find it difficult to put to the back of their minds that of all the male pros on the show they were partnered with the one who publicly humiliated their best friend. I'm not sure anyone could develop a good working relationship after that has happened, naturally you want to support your friend. Although I think most people would be smart enough to keep their gob shut on camera. ;)

A real pity, Jorgie could have challenged Hayley, Ray and co if she'd stayed.

Yes but it wasn't Jorgie who was humiliated. It wasn't her fight to feel about.
  • Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supersnake wrote: »
    I think unpopular is the wrong word, seeing as she came second in her series. I think her partner is far more 'unpopular' therefore the 'swing voters' who had no allegiance to a particular celebrity probably did not cast their vote to Jorgie because of her partner's backstory. Shame for Jorgie really, you can definitely tell those tears were about more than just the elimination, seems she was given a very raw deal by the producers.

I dont agree.. I think she sealed her fate with her VT, it was all her own doing.. nothing to do with Sylvain.
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was such a negative intro that she had no chance with floating voters.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    That wasn't live,the program makers knew exactly what they were showing,she was shafted.

If she hadn't said it - they couldn't have edited it in to her VT.

In show biz she needs to put her big girls pants on and leave her personal feelings at home. It wasn't even her fight - it was Jennifer Metcalfe 's, and Jorgie had no need to behave so unprofessionally towards Sylvain who happens to be a lovely skater.

She behaved childishly towards Sylvain and paid the price by not getting the votes to even get into the dance off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Yes but it wasn't Jorgie who was humiliated. It wasn't her fight to feel about.

It's called loyalty.
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    I seem to be in the minority here as I like both Sylvain and Jorgie. Pairing them up for this was a new low for DOI I think - there was bound to be some awkwardness between them and the digs at Sylvain were totally out of order. How can they possibly expect us to take this seriously as a show to find the 'ultimate champion' when they screw over a talented skater like this!? It left a very nasty taste in my mouth. :(

It was a new low. I felt very sorry for Sylvain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's called loyalty.

Yes I agree. But in showbiz it is survival of the fittest. I bet non of the other female celebs would have said anything like that. I am not happy she has gone:(. Infact I think it very sad indeed that a brilliant skater and dancer has gone over a weaker one. She has been used rather badly to gain publicity for the programme.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    It was such a negative intro that she had no chance with floating voters.

Yep and that prat Phil didn't help matters, just made a bad situation worse.
  • Options
    glamfanglamfan Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I think her saying "Am I going to be his new girlfriend" lost her loads of votes.

I totally agree that the above comment, even if said as a joke, did her no favours. Also, Philip's comment was out of order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think her saying "Am I going to be his new girlfriend" lost her loads of votes.

As soon as she said that I told my OH she was a gonner.:(
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    If she hadn't said it - they couldn't have edited it in to her VT.........

If I hear a person say something that might cause trouble,but is not concerning criminal activities,I don't repeat it.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »

I don't dislike either of them. He is in a relationship with Samia and I have nothing against him as a pro for that. Jorgie is a good skater and it would have been good to see more of her.

My only gripe with Jorgie is that her little girl ways irritate me as she is not a little girl. In this situation though I think she was genuinely naive and did as she was told. Unfortunately she came across as petty and stroppy. I agree with you that the pairing never stood a chance of being taken seriously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't dislike either of them. He is in a relationship with Samia and I have nothing against him as a pro for that. Jorgie is a good skater and it would have been good to see more of her.

My only gripe with Jorgie is that her little girl ways irritate me as she is not a little girl. In this situation though I think she was genuinely naive and did as she was told. Unfortunately she came across as petty and stroppy. I agree with you that the pairing never stood a chance of being taken seriously.

She was shafted because she was naive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Yes I agree. But in showbiz it is survival of the fittest. I bet non of the other female celebs would have said anything like that. I am not happy she has gone:(. Infact I think it very sad indeed that a brilliant skater and dancer has gone over a weaker one. She has been used rather badly to gain publicity for the programme.

I did say that in my original post, she really should have been smarter. I read somewhere that she'd said they'd filmed her reaction live when they told her.She really should have prepared herself for being paired with him, the producers have proved themselves to be snakes. I did actually feel for Sylvan too, there was no need for jibes from Phillip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did say that in my original post, she really should have been smarter. I read somewhere that she'd said they'd filmed her reaction live when they told her.She really should have prepared herself for being paired with him, the producers have proved themselves to be snakes. I did actually feel for Sylvan too, there was no need for jibes from Phillip.

Sorry posts are moving so fast I must have missed it. The producers don't miss a trick. I felt sorry for Sylvan, but he made sure he didn't say anything. He looked very uncomfortable when Phil kept on jibing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was shafted because she was naive.

Exactly, naïve is the word I was looking for.:)
  • Options
    cosmic.68cosmic.68 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Sad for both of them a bit. Even sadder for me as he's fantastic mancandy despite/irrespective of his private life. Which I don't care about.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if this was due to a backlash against Sylvain.

I would think it was more about Jorgie's petty spiteful comments about him.

She did herself no favours imho he just got on with like a professional as opposed to sniping like Jorgie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    But it was scripted for her and she did not have the nous to insist it be changed, like it was a trap for her to fall into.

Yes I know. I didn't say it was necessarily her fault, just that she came across quite badly! Anyway, it wasn't all scripted, some of it appeared to be her own comments.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    What a kick in the teeth, to go from a runner up position, to being one of the first out. I think she will regret doing this now, considering she was a runner up the last time. How embarrassing for her.

Clare Buckfield and Matthew Wolfenden should thank their lucky stars for not returning, considering this could have happened to them, being one of the first out.
This discussion has been closed.