Options

CS - Peter question

NotdopplerNotdoppler Posts: 95
Forum Member
I don't know what others will think of this thread, but after watching Corrie last night and Peter's scenes with Tina I could actually see him becoming a rapist at some point. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    He was on the point of raping Liz in the Rovers years ago
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was impotent?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could definitely see him lashing out and losing control - perhaps not raping Tina but killing her certainly (albeit not meaning to). From the under-the-surface stuff going on with him it certainly seems possible.
  • Options
    MaisiebelleMaisiebelle Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I think he is really slimey
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he doesn't rape Roy, he's got enough on his plate.
  • Options
    NotdopplerNotdoppler Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    It would also be ironic if he were to be involved in a rape storyline considering he once beat Frank up for raping Carla!
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah, he's totally insignificant.;-)
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member

It's all very complicated. He has self esteem issues and fears of inadequacy which manifest themselves in his misogynistic treatment of women. A very, very frightened and insecure individual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    It's all very complicated. He has self esteem issues and fears of inadequacy which manifest themselves in his misogynistic treatment of women. A very, very frightened and insecure individual.

Yes indeed. A very telling assessment!
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notdoppler wrote: »
    I don't know what others will think of this thread, but after watching Corrie last night and Peter's scenes with Tina I could actually see him becoming a rapist at some point. Anyone else agree?

Did he used to hit his first wife Jessica?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't trust him - anybody who stands smoking on the corner of the street, drooling at folk behind a 90s goatee, is up to no good in my book.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God, I would hate it if they made Peter a rapist. I certainly think he likes the fact that Tina is so into him, but I don't think he'd rape her.

He certainly doesn't need to, she's flinging herself at him all the time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't trust him - anybody who stands smoking on the corner of the street, drooling at folk behind a 90s goatee, is up to no good in my book.

Aside from the goatee that sounds awfully like me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Big LOL!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was starting to like him when he was Leanne. When he did all the stuff with Carla, I went off him. The writing for him has gone down hill in my opinion.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member

Legen-WAITFORIT-dary! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Legen-WAITFORIT-dary! :D:D:D

LOL!! ds5 lol
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is going to rape anyone... aside from Roy... I think it might be Carla... In a drunken state...

That would put serious strain on their relationship which might lead him to murdering Tina...

Just saying like... :)
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter's pervy factor has gone through the roof lately. He looks really malevolent at times. Once upon a time he was struggling with his burden of insecure angst, but this has evolved over time into something a lot more sinister and cold blooded.
    He wants to subjugate his women, he loves the chase but when they give in to his advances (at the drop of a hat, rolleyes) he goes off them like they were yesterday's pizza.

Could easily imagine him becoming less and less concerned with all the niceties of romancing his birds and more and more fixated on his ultimate aim of getting his leg over to the point where he didn't stop to even ask, there is a rapidly escalating nastiness thing going on.
    The man has illustrated over and over repeatedly, time and time again that relationships, trust, togetherness and love are not his concerns. He is a serial commitmentphobe with a fragile yet overpowering ego demanding to be fed fuel in the form of willing and gullible women who keep him thinking he is the baddest old stud in town.
    Look at his face when he saw Tina squirming in the pub, he was in seventh heaven, he hadn't looked so gleeful in years. He desperately needs to feel desirable to counter his trouser problems. Having to face up to reality is impotent city for the guy,lol.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Did he used to hit his first wife Jessica?

No. They divorced because she cheated, but he never hit her.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Barlow V Peter Sutcliffe... ;-)

Here comes another ban... :(
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I don't see him as a rapist. How I see him is as a bit of a slimeball, particularly taking advantage of a vulnerable girl who has been through so much over the past year. However, not a rapist or murderer. I'd like to see him redeem himself but don't know if that will happen.
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea on how he will exit later this year? I think his looks have improved, but he does behave in a weird way.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotlass wrote: »
    Any idea on how he will exit later this year? I think his looks have improved, but he does behave in a weird way.

We don't even officially know if he is leaving.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could I be wrong but wasn't it him who was initially accused of raping Toyah?