Old-school toys you remember

123457»

Comments

• Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    It is! But.....(spoily mummy routine) tis a bugger with stray pieces, you need to evacuate the wee ones to find them, pieces in toyboxes, in the fireplace etc. I dont know how they get there, even when the kids are fastidious at putting lego away! My folks had the same trouble, I was good at tidying, my brother not so good.

Lego is a smashing toy, just expensive now :(

You can buy cheap lego on ebay! ;-). I love it too. :)
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Found my old "Rom - Space Knight" when having a tidy up a few months back. How exactly he fitted in with Action Man I'll never know, but boy was he cool back in 1980.

If you ignored the fact that he couldn't stand up very well and had what were virtually T-Rex arms compared with the rest of his body. But hey he was "electronic" and had a gun that lit up. :D
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    I enjoyed that game. I couldn't remember the name until your post. Thank you for that.

To be honest, I'm not enjoying reading this thread because it's making me realise how spoiled I was. Granted, I inherited most toys from my five older siblings, but I didn't realise how lucky was I to have so many toys until now. Mixed feelings, really.

Aw, don't feel bad. :)

I feel very lucky that I was able to have so many of the toys I wished for as a child, I know it was damn hard for my parents who scrimped and saved and worked long hours so that we could have a few of the toys at xmas that we wished for, I treasured them and still do, I have kept most of them as a reminder of how wonderful my childhood was .
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    A few more retro games which me and my bro owned int he 70s:

Boxing Robots

My brother had this awsome game:

Chutes Away which involved looking through a telescopic eye piece,which went through the plane and onto a circular playing board, with the idea being that you had to drop parachutes into the holes onto the playing board as it spun around...!!!

Bloddy brilliant back in the day....!!!!:D
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this push bike when I was a kid and I LOVED it

I cant remember the name it was all in black had a "body kit " on it and a little box in the middle that had a sticker to look like radar and a button where you held it and the box made loads of noises like a police car spaceship etc

id ride it now if I could find it

it was a raliegh widcat

http://www.yodathewise.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Other%20raleighs/wildcat.jpg
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've remembered more...
    Webster the spider
    The big red fun bus
    Them tiny miniature skateboards for your fingers
    Scatch (they were rubbish)
    Slinky
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just remembered one of these, which I also had at some point in the 70s:

Secret Agent Set

It had a pretend **** packet with a gun inside which would fire bullets, fake passport, handcuffs, a camera which could also fire bullets plus other secret stuff......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had a Rubik's cube then as well.

Thought the thing was bloody impossible to solve - could only manage to do one side (which, lets be honest5, is quite easy). In my nativity and lack of knowledge, I used to think it was solved by completing one side, then the next side and then the next until it was solved (its impossible to solve in this way!)!

Its only within the last year when I discovered that it is actually not that hard to complete, where I taught myself to solve it - by doing it in layers......^_^
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    Had a Rubik's cube then as well.

Thought the thing was bloody impossible to solve - could only manage to do one side (which, lets be honest5, is quite easy). In my nativity and lack of knowledge, I used to think it was solved by completing one side, then the next side and then the next until it was solved (its impossible to solve in this way!)!

Its only within the last year when I discovered that it is actually not that hard to complete, where I taught myself to solve it - by doing it in layers......^_^

I taught myself, by finding the square that had the screw under it, and taking it apart ;) I still can only complete one side.