Options

Kylie would like to see Dannii back with Cheryl and Simon.

Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
Forum Member
✭✭
Kylie has said she would like to see Dannii back on X Factor UK and thinks the show has been missing Dannii, Cheryl and Simon.
Dannii has done so well on X Factor Australia, she won it with her artist. She’s got better and better and this year. In the words of Louis Walsh, she nailed it!

So yes, I would like to see her back. “I think I’m with the whole country when I say the show has been missing her and Simon and Cheryl. It would be very exciting to see them back.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/176265-kylie-minogue-wants-sister-dannii-on-the-x-factor-2014-uk-judging-panel.html

I am hoping that is a sign and Dannii will be back along with Simon and Cheryl. I don't think Kylie is the type to talk about Dannii's career and just speculate about her returning to the show along with Cheryl and Simon, especially after Simon exposed their relationship when she first started on the show. Maybe I am wrong though.

Also Dannii is back in the UK this week, and last week Simon said he had an announcement to make this week, how great would it be if they were announcing the judging panel now and saving us from the months of speculation? :p Though what with Simon's baby being born early and him flying to America, maybe plans have changed.

Comments

• Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the baby is the new judge.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kylie has said is true , and it's a shame that Simon seems to think that the public want louis or cheryl. Dannii was a massive fave in the last two eyes as she came out of her shell. On the Australian panel she was Dannii.....and now that would be fantastic for the UK. Hope she is back, but id prefer her to make a new music album.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie Minogue has been slamming Simon lately so why the sudden turn?
    And she doesnt want a co female judge but wants Dannii to be compared?

I doubt itll be a two female panel this year.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I assume the announcement next week, will be the return of Cheryl.

I agree with Marianner. I believe the UK panel is going to be an all male panel now. I think Cheryl will be the only female on the UK panel this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    Kylie Minogue has been slamming Simon lately so why the sudden turn?
    And she doesnt want a co female judge but wants Dannii to be compared?

I doubt itll be a two female panel this year.

That is odd:confused:
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie is just supporting her sister, I don't see what's so odd about that? :confused:
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon prob thinks that Dannii isn't qualified (fame wise) to be a judge now that the other show has Kylie who of course is the much bigger star
  • Options
    woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like Dannii to stay in the Australian show but now that XF USA is no more I would love the Australian version of the show to be shown on ITV2 it was so good last year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Simon prob thinks that Dannii isn't qualified (fame wise) to be a judge now that the other show has Kylie who of course is the much bigger star

It doesn't really matter if Kylie is bigger, or not. Dannii has proved herself as a judge and mentor, which is a benefit to shows like this. If Simon really wanted Kylie on his show, he would have splashed the cash on her, but he didn't. He had the chance to get Kylie, but he must not have wanted her that much.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd keep well away from the UK show if I was Dannii. It's not worth the hassle.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is odd:confused:

She said on the launch of voice that she enjoys being the only female as two would create bitchyness.

I think the panel will change, but I also think it will have familiar faces. Who and how though is trickier to figure out :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl, Simon and Dannii - game over X Factor.

Desperation is creeping in - trouble is that there are too many other things going on IMO that people can see that the show/soap opera is a joke. Expect the viewing figures to hit an all time low this year - and then hopefully the UK will do what the US has sensibly done - AXE IT.
  • Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Cheryl, Simon and Dannii - game over X Factor.

Desperation is creeping in - trouble is that there are too many other things going on IMO that people can see that the show/soap opera is a joke. Expect the viewing figures to hit an all time low this year - and then hopefully the UK will do what the US has sensibly done - AXE IT.
    yeah cause the most popular uk panel they're has been might be back :confused:
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    I'd keep well away from the UK show if I was Dannii. It's not worth the hassle.

After what Cowell did to her, she'd be crazy to return, particularly as he's going to be on the panel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gemhud wrote: »
    yeah cause the most popular uk panel they're has been might be back :confused:

Yes back when the SHOW was new and popular - that is the difference. You could have put anyone in there - it would have made little difference. The panel will make no difference to the current show's fall from grace as it has become stale and obvious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Yes back when the SHOW was new and popular - that is the difference. You could have put anyone in there - it would have made little difference. The panel will make no difference to the current show's fall from grace as it has become stale and obvious.

When the panel consisted of Simon, Cheryl, Dannii and Louis the show grew and grew each year, and in their final year gave the show its highest figures ever.

The highest ratings were around 17 million with a peak of 19.6 million during the final.

That was 7 years into the show, so it was hardly a new show. And once they left it fell year on year, so I think they do have a chance to build the ratings up a little and stabilise the ratings. It will never reach the levels it once was at, but I do believe if they get them all back, it will have an affect on the ratings.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't really matter if Kylie is bigger, or not. Dannii has proved herself as a judge and mentor, which is a benefit to shows like this. If Simon really wanted Kylie on his show, he would have splashed the cash on her, but he didn't. He had the chance to get Kylie, but he must not have wanted her that much.
    Kylie's too nice to judge on The X Factor ie telling unsuccessful acts at auditions they're shit, I'm not saying Dannii shouldn't return but that Simon might not want her for that reason
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Dannii & Kylie arrived at the Brits together tonight looking amazing :o

http://instagram.com/p/km9kPVCdYY/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Dannii & Kylie arrived at the Brits together tonight looking amazing :o

http://instagram.com/p/km9kPVCdYY/

When Sharon's name was rumoured to become a judge, she started doing more UK things, including attending The Brits and presenting with Dermot. Again I am probably looking too much into it and she has just went along with no reason to do with X Factor.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

Even though she seems lovely, I find her too repetitive on Dancing on Ice so I hope this doesn't happen.

if you're going to have Simon, Cheryl and Louis - you should bring back Dannii too!!
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    When Sharon's name was rumoured to become a judge, she started doing more UK things, including attending The Brits and presenting with Dermot. Again I am probably looking too much into it and she has just went along with no reason to do with X Factor.

I was thinking that too. I think Dannii has meetings with ITV quite a lot when she is in the UK, even if it's for TV specials like that Boyzone show before Xmas.
    I think she will be meeting with producers whilst she is here but still don't know whether she will return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »

It doesn't mean anything though. She could have just had a night out with her Sister and as for The Boyzone thing, she appeared along Ronan on the Aussie X Factor last year, so this may be why she did that show.

I wouldn't be surprised if the X Factor did follow the Voice, with one female and three males, making Cheryl the star female judg like the rumours are suggesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For Danni and Cheryl I feel like it'll be a step back in their careers going back to that show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii was fine as a judge, but I don't necessarily want her to come back. HOWEVER, I feel that if Simon, Cheryl, and Louis are sitting on a panel, and the fourth person isn't Dannii, it will feel odd to watch and be slightly embarrassing for Dannii (i.e., implies that she wasn't a vital part of that awesome panel that Simon is trying to re-build) and undeservedly so. She should be offered a spot publicly, and if she doesn't want to take it (because she likes being in Australia more, she hates Simon for discussing their affair, etc.) then we can move on. But it wouldn't be right otherwise.