Options

BBC The Three Musketeers NEW Drama (Discussion/News/Speculation) (SPOILERS IN TAGS)

Comments

• Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope tonight's episode of The Voice is pre-recorded, so that it doesn't overrun and cause The Musketeers to be late or even cancelled..

According to someone who reviews tv shows, tonight's episode is important when it comes to D'artagnan getting closer to becoming a Musketeer, with Athos getting to act as a mentor towards him and having an important scene with Milady.

Apparently seeds for the series final are sown tonight.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    I hope tonight's episode of The Voice is pre-recorded, so that it doesn't overrun and cause The Musketeers to be late or even cancelled..

According to someone who reviews tv shows, tonight's episode is important when it comes to D'artagnan getting closer to becoming a Musketeer, with Athos getting to act as a mentor towards him and having an important scene with Milady.

Apparently seeds for the series final are sown tonight.

From the spoilers I've read, both the upcoming episode (tonight) and next week's episode will lead to an explosive series final. Will be interesting to see what they will show in the next time trailer tonight.
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    From the spoilers I've read, both the upcoming episode (tonight) and next week's episode will lead to an explosive series final. Will be interesting to see what they will show in the next time trailer tonight.

Would you be able to link me to the spoilers if possible? :)
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tuned in, that wasn't Vinnie Jones ?
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member
    Episode 8 .....

Yes, that was Vinnie Jones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Episode 8 .....

Yes, that was Vinnie Jones.

I thought it was a first, then I thought it was a tribute act hard man. Just clocked him again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the woman just say a year is too long to be in Black Grape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debarge getting nasty.
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Porthos - the original Gold Digger. Charming yet shamelessly soliciting a Sugar Mama at a funeral. Classy ;-)
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    Did the woman just say a year is too long to be in Black Grape.

Black crepe. Although she had a look of Shaun Ryder ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debarge taking on an early Man Utd eleven.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Porthos the only one left who hasn't slept with Milady?

I don't know if it's a nod to the Muskehounds :blush: but anyone else notice the way Porthos has this growly dog like affect when he speaks. Lol, ok, it's a stretch but I'm going to believe it.

No one shut the door to Debarges' cell when Athos and D'Artagnan left, leaving him free to walk right out. He decided on voluntary incarceration?

I'm worried for my D'Artagnan and Constance. PDA's in the street? She's married :confused: I didn't even figure that was her husband! I must have missed him coming back from wherever he's been for the last 7 episodes. That's some sloppy behaviour - flaunting her affair in the street. This doesn't bode well.

Sad D'Artagnan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew Vinnie Jones was called Lebarge, just messing. I was hoping he was going to sing Rhythm of the Night before he was killed. Lots of guns next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D'Artagnan's a real Muskehound now
    The King was less dickish than usual
    Porthos found love and let it go
    Constance had love and was forced to let it go
    D'Artagnan lost true love and rebuffed evil love
    Athos remembered lost love
    Aramis made love
    The Cardinal knows about Athos and Milady

...in a nutshell... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I knew Vinnie Jones was called Lebarge, just messing. I was hoping he was going to sing Rhythm of the Night before he was killed. Lots of guns next week.

I kept thinking of Chico every time they said his name. Lol
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me during the final 2 minutes of that episode - "PLEASE DON'T GET IN THAT CARRIAGE WITH MILADY, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, good boy" Lol.....

Constance's husband learning about their affair came as a total surprise.

Another good episode for me, Luke Pasqualino finally got some dramatic and relevant stuff to do and things can only get better as we head towards the final. This series isn't perfect, it has its faults but I'm hooked non-the-less.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I've quite enjoyed much of the series but that episode was awful.
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this show, so glad he didnt get in the carriage at the end with Milady!
  • Options
    heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another episode that had one of the musketeers' love interests leaving. Are they destined to remain eternally single? I love this series but it seems like the same old every week; one of them gets involved with a woman and then she leaves for whatever reason. I suppose they don't want them tied down just yet?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Yet another episode that had one of the musketeers' love interests leaving. Are they destined to remain eternally single? I love this series but it seems like the same old every week; one of them gets involved with a woman and then she leaves for whatever reason. I suppose they don't want them tied down just yet?

It is, unfortunately, cliched, stale, unoriginal tripe. It's a great shame as so much effort has clearly been spent on the filming, the locations, the costumes, etc. The casting of the Musketeers is great but everything has been let down by some pretty woeful scripts.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I still love the series but that wasn't one of my favourites. I think possibly because Athos and Aramis were on the sidelines, and I'm not over keen on Vinnie Jones.

In answer to those who ask if all of the Musketeers love affairs are destined to fail- I'd say yes, well with the possibly exception of Constance and D'Artagnan. But even then it seems pretty doomed, ultimately. I don't even like the husband and yet tonight I found my sympathies lying with him. Why did she reveal the affair to him? What did they both think would happen? They can hardly run off into the sunset. Who was running this farm of D'Artagnans?
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed this week even though it was a bit silly. Not sure D'Artagnan and Constance could be more indiscreet. Porthos's love interest would have come to an end as soon as she found out he'd sold of the snuffer to enter a fight anyway. Vinnie Jones in a speaking role is never a good sign.

Think Porthos might be my favourite right now though :D But it is a close run thing every week :D
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Pretzel wrote: »
    I still love the series but that wasn't one of my favourites. I think possibly because Athos and Aramis were on the sidelines, and I'm not over keen on Vinnie Jones.

Next week seems like it will be heavy on Aramis (Anne and nuns, double whammy!) and the final will probably be heavy on the Athos storyline (the villains storyline has to be wrapped up this series, due to Capaldi leaving).

A good episode, especially in sowing the seeds for the final episode this series.

Have to say that I am impressed how this series is using women (not only the main parts, but especially the guest cast).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They start filming season 2 next month so they wrapped season 1 not knowing their fate? As such, I'm hoping no diabolical cliff-hangers, unless they've done some last minute rewrites and reshoots to accomodate the next series. If there was no second season and they ended on a cliff hanger, I would have been very unimpressed...
  • Options
    Telly TotTelly Tot Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    They start filming season 2 next month so they wrapped season 1 not knowing their fate? As such, I'm hoping no diabolical cliff-hangers, unless they've done some last minute rewrites and reshoots to accomodate the next series. If there was no second season and they ended on a cliff hanger, I would have been very unimpressed...
    I suspect that the finale will be a mixed bag, with some degree of ambiguity over certain aspects of the storyline and some degree of clarity over others. If Peter Capaldi's departure for the Tardis was known about prior to the end of the shoot, then I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinal's scheming days are destined to end with a fatal error.
    I seriously doubt that they will stay true to Dumas' narrative and have Milady poison and kill Constance next week. There is way too much mileage left in that storyline and Tamla Kari has more than proved her worth, in a series which hasn't exactly provided an abundance of opportunities for it's female characters, other than getting the male leads to unbuckle their swashes. The Producers have also been at pains to stress that this is not a direct adaptation of the novels but a modern "take" on the story and the characters. There have already been a number of deviations, not least of which is that Constance isn't a seamstress to Queen Anne and D'Artagnan is without his servant. I suspect that we'll see an ending which reveals the truth behind Athos and Milady's catastrophic relationship and the crime she committed which left Athos with no choice but to watch her"hang". We'll see an explosive confrontation between Athos and D'Artagnan when the truth of his one night stand with Milady is revealed. My guess is that ultimately both men will resolve their differences in the common cause of saving Constance and it will end with a long overdue cry of "All for one and one for all!"

I would imagine that the episode will also make it clear that D'Artagnan's love for Constance and hers for him, remains alive and burning strong, with D'Artagnan realising that she sacrificed her chance of happiness with him, not because she didn't care for him, or sought money rather than love but due to the threats issued by her unfortunate but equally hapless, arrogant and pompous prat of a husband. I wouldn't be at all surprised that once he becomes surplus to the Cardinal's requirements, the cloth merchant may soon be looking for a shroud. Also, the life-threatening situation Constance finds herself in, is likely to focus both the mind and the affections. However, to save the woman he loves, D'Artagnan may have to double-cross Milady and that might provide the cliffhanger, as it could ultimately set in motion future sorrow for all concerned.