Who will you be voting for in the EU elections?

13»

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie wrote: »
    Not voting, waste of time.

If UKIP do as well as expected Farage is right it will caused an Earthquake in the UK.
    maybe not such a waste of time this year. The Tories would have a meltdown at the real prospect UKIP taking its votes. Good old Ed would realise his policy on Europe isn't working and maybe the final push in seeing the real Libdems come out in public and kick Clegg out before the next election.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Some official polling
    http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/8670

Topline voting intentions for Europe are CON 24%, LAB 32%, LDEM 10%, UKIP 23%, GRN 5%.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    If UKIP do as well as expected Farage is right it will caused an Earthquake in the UK.
    maybe not such a waste of time this year. The Tories would have a meltdown at the real prospect UKIP taking its votes. Good old Ed would realise his policy on Europe isn't working and maybe the final push in seeing the real Libdems come out in public and kick Clegg out before the next election.
    Things meeting expectations rarely cause an earth quake.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

Or nothing will happen.

The Tories will have a small wobble, but Cameron will still be Prime Minister at the end of the week. Ed Miliband won't change his policy on Europe, and Clegg will still be leading the Liberal Democrats.

Ukip are expected to do well, the only surprise will be if they don't.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you reckon will win the EU elections, it's between labour and ukip, and I think UKIP may nic it

Great then even more UKIP MEP's can milk the expenses dry whilst not actually bothering to turn up to represent British interests in the European Parliament. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    People knock UKIP but 40odd% says it all! Cameron you have called 40odd% of us racists http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4875026.stm

I suggest you get of you politically correct soap box and listen to the people!!
    And that includes you millibland and clog

A spade is a spade and when your membership blames flooding on Gay marriage, wants all muslims to sign a "non aggression" promise and wants to leave the EU so it can trash every last bit of employment legislation and leave working British people with about as many rights and protections as a bangladeshi sweat shop worker, then I'd say its fair assessment.
  • toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sour grapes!

Explain how not voting is sour grapes.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKIP.

As for any Westminster vote next year, I wont bother as this is a Labour area and no vote will change that....
  • crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    A spade is a spade and when your membership blames flooding on Gay marriage, wants all muslims to sign a "non aggression" promise and wants to leave the EU so it can trash every last bit of employment legislation and leave working British people with about as many rights and protections as a bangladeshi sweat shop worker, then I'd say its fair assessment.

Is that one person saying all that or the party! The former I think you will find! But carry on if it makes you feel better!
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,547
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    UKIP.

As for any Westminster vote next year, I wont bother as this is a Labour area and no vote will change that....

You should still vote to show your support. And I'm saying that as someone who would never vote UKIP!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that one person saying all that or the party! The former I think you will find! But carry on if it makes you feel better!

Its different people saying different things, how many people have to express such repellent views before you can fairly claim that they seem to represent the broader views of the party membership?

As for the employment law stuff well that was all in the last UKIP manifesto, so that is the official party line. Nice isn't it, just make it even easier for employers trample all over working people its not as if Britain already has some of the most lax employment law in Europe, oh wait it does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad_Dog1 wrote: »
    Besides leaving the EU almost all of their other policies are batshit crazy.

Your probably right, but there are so many people, particularly those who remember what was promised in 1975 want `out` of the EU, with Labour & Tories just making empty promises, UKIP will get the `Desperation` vote and to hell with the consequences

• DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Surely the only people who would vote UKIP in these elections are the type who want out of the EU at all costs, no ifs, ands or buts? After all, it is known that they have a poor track record in the EU parliament, so if you're willing to work towards reform of the EU from within, they should not get your vote.

What 'poor track record' in EU parliament?:confused:
    UKIP do more to represent our country than all the other parties put together.

Although Farage and Paul Nuttall do have lower attendance records (but what quality! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJHETdxwv8Y) they are the party leader and deputy so that is to be expected, however other UKIP MEP's have had a very high voting record, with Stuart Agnew on 91 per cent, Roger Helmer on 88 per cent and Derek Clark on 80 per cent.

Please can you provide me some evidence of what exactly the other party MEP's do in the EU other than clock in and nod their heads in agreement with everything that is dished out?
  • beth0o0beth0o0 Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be voting UKIP sick and tired of all the liars we've had in power. About time we had a change of party.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beth0o0 wrote: »
    I'll be voting UKIP sick and tired of all the liars we've had in power. About time we had a change of party.

So you're going to vote for the party that wants to remove all rights and protections you have regarding holidays, sick pay and crucially redundancy pay in the workplace.

Marvellous, as much as I loathe the Tory Party if voting Tory kept UKIP out of Westminster I'd have to give it some serious thought.
  • beth0o0beth0o0 Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    So you're going to vote for the party that wants to remove all rights and protections you have regarding holidays, sick pay and crucially redundancy pay in the workplace.

Marvellous, as much as I loathe the Tory Party if voting Tory kept UKIP out of Westminster I'd have to give it some serious thought.

I sure as hell wouldn't vote Tory, the party for the rich. so yeah UKIP or maybe even Labour. will wait & watch all the babble in coming months before I decide between two.