Options

Psychic Mediums.

Comments

• Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frauds, grifters, charlatans and scam-merchants who prey on the emotionally, psychologically or intellectually challenged.

Sadly, there's no end or marks out there who want to believe their old bollocks.

Smoke and mirrors with a bit of NLP thrown in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlatans and scammers. Derren Brown is better and he admits it's just cold reading.
  • Options
    miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    There is a standard test that psychologists use to show how very easily people are fooled.

Everyone thinks it describes only them but they are all given the same statements without each other knowing.

Standard psychology, nothing 'supernatural' about it. :)

I hope so!!! It was stuff I really didn't want anyone to know! :)
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    If there are any genuine mediums out there I've certainly never encountered one.

Their "readings" don't stand up to even the briefest scrutiny.

It never ceases to amaze me how the person "in spirit" can't give the medium his or her own name at any point, but is able to speak entire sentences once the 20 questions approach has established a few facts.

Absolute bullshit the lot of it. It really should be against the law to peddle this utter crap.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I know of one, one, very old lady who absolutely refuses to take payment and only sees people on request who has been very accurate with some of her "readings" (I've never been myself but one or two friends have.) The idea of being paid for sharing what she describes as a "gift" is abhorrent to her so I'm not exactly sure what she's doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know of one, one, very old lady who absolutely refuses to take payment and only sees people on request who has been very accurate with some of her "readings" (I've never been myself but one or two friends have.) The idea of being paid for sharing what she describes as a "gift" is abhorrent to her so I'm not exactly sure what she's doing.

I would suggest that she does it for attention.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I would suggest that she does it for attention.

Possibly, but then, that is also quite a reductive way of looking at things.

I'm not saying I believe her (as I say, she doesn't even advertise) but I think dismissing everybody in this field as mad or attention seeking is pretty reductive.
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait!

I'm getting the letter "M".

Is there anyone on here who's name starts with the letter "M" ... or knows someone who's name starts with the letter "M"?

... or it might be "N".

I'm sensing that you're a man ... or perhaps you've once had a relationship with a man.

Am I right? :cool:
    That must be Me! Doubly so 'cause they call me Mr. :D
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    Do you have a scar on your knee?

Do you know anyone who has a scar on their knee?

Do you have a knee?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Possibly, but then, that is also quite a reductive way of looking at things.

I'm not saying I believe her (as I say, she doesn't even advertise) but I think dismissing everybody in this field as mad or attention seeking is pretty reductive.

You don't think I should dismiss a person who claims to speak to dead people?

Really?

The dead are notoriously difficult to talk to on account of them being dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    Do you have a scar on your knee?

Do you know anyone who has a scar on their knee?

Do you have a knee?

I do have a scar on my knee!! :o

How did you do that... and how do I pay you?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Is there anybody there?"
    .......................................................................................................................................................................................
  • Options
    Forum Member

If I accept cash I'll lose my gift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you know what I am thinking batgirl? ;-)
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member

You pay me as I'm Batgirl's manager!

Even she didn't see that one coming! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

And who would want to lose a gift so powerful?

Have you considered taking to the podium at your local spiritualist church?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Unfortunately yes, I do. My innocence is now gone forever. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately yes, I do. My innocence is now gone forever. :D

All that leather sigh. :blush::D
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see you got trouble coming. I see 6 6 6. Mean anything? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    archiver wrote: »
    I see you got trouble coming. I see 6 6 6. Mean anything? :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And who would want to lose a gift so powerful?

Have you considered taking to the podium at your local spiritualist church?

I did, to be absolutely serious for a second, but it was a fleeting thought and I knew I couldn't do it to people. I think it must have been in response to just how shit the psychics doing it were. Really, really shit. And people were lapping it up. From memory, they were probably the shittiest psychics around, my local spiritual church lot.

As a child, were you or one of your friends involved in a water related incident?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did, to be absolutely serious for a second, but it was a fleeting thought and I knew I couldn't do it to people. I think it must have been in response to just how shit the psychics doing it were. Really, really shit. And people were lapping it up. From memory, they were probably the shittiest psychics around, my local spiritual church lot.

As a child, were you or one of your friends involved in a water related incident?

How on earth are you doing this?

When I was a child, one of my friends slipped and fell into a fish pond at The Weald and Downland Open Air Museum!

After seeing three local mediums perform at The Rifle Club in Portsmouth, I highly recommend them. They were so bad it was hilarious. Who needs stand up comedy when this is so much better?
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Is there anybody there?"
    .......................................................................................................................................................................................
    s there f**k! :D
  • Options
    TyrTyr Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlatans and frauds who prey on the emotionally unstable and the gullible.

And while we are on the subject of irrational, pseudo-scientific nonsense, homeopaths can also **** off to the firey depths of hell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    s there f**k! :D

:D

Anyone who believes that prick Derek Ancorah when he 'channels' their dead pets, barking, woofing and meowing has just got to have very serious brain damage. :p