Options

joanna lumley meets will.i.am

Comments

• Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I found it very interesting, Will is just a powerhouse. And even if you dont ljke his music, he appears to have a winning formula and you must appreciate that.

The song he made in the studio, is it available anywhere?
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the programme worked perfectly. But I am biased, I could listen to Joanna Lumley's voice all day long. Unlike many dimwitted "pop interviews" Joanna appeared to be genuinely interested in Will and what he was doing.
    As others have said, the "going back to the Ghetto" section did grate though. It all looked quite pleasant and respectable to me. Even his old school looked a lot smarter than my old junior school.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lombard wrote: »
    A ghetto in California with no black people, apparently.
    Not my idea of a ghetto . Neat grass lawns etc . This looked good from the trailers but failed to live up to the hype .
  • Options
    kate1kate1 Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    You have to remember Joanna is very versatile, you could put her with anybody, because she has the grace and awareness to fit in anywhere
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Whats his name ? William (Ian, ivan, ) Am
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm..

Cheap TV?
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Ghetto my arse. Talentless w*nker. Somewhere there's a McDonalds missing a burger flipper, or Tesco missing a shelf stacker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it wasnt a ghetto it was surburbian, much less worse to anywhere here
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghetto my arse. Talentless w*nker. Somewhere there's a McDonalds missing a burger flipper, or Tesco missing a shelf stacker.

Has Will upset you in some way 😄
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't warm to this guy at all. He always comes across as too "starry" to me. Also very self congratulatory about his achievements. There were also a few moments during the show where he was on the verge of rudeness to Joanna. At the same time, as much as I love her, I didn't get why she was acting like she was meeting a Beetle. I think she didn't really know of him and was given his bio by some people and let it all go to her head, hence the constant fangirling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't warm to this guy at all. He always comes across as too "starry" to me. Also very self congratulatory about his achievements. There were also a few moments during the show where he was on the verge of rudeness to Joanna. At the same time, as much as I love her, I didn't get why she was acting like she was meeting a Beetle. I think she didn't really know of him and was given his bio by some people and let it all go to her head, hence the constant fangirling.

I understand what you mean, but I think that's just her way with people. It's probably why she has remained so popular, she's genuinely pleasant but also knows how to stroke peoples ego and make them think they're really special.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Joanna too luvvey, & that well modulated, breathless way of speaking sounds in- sincere & just grates with me.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I find Joanna too luvvey, & that well modulated, breathless way of speaking sounds in- sincere & just grates with me.

I have to agree Scarlett - she was annoying me no end, she way too old to be using some of the terms she was using for a start. She just came across as a silly mare and totally brown-nosing, TBH.

William seemed almost embarrassed at times, even though he himself really is a bit of a plonker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's been like that for as long as I can remember, so I don't think it's "put on" or insincere. It's just her way, and reading about her life I quite admire her. She just gets on with her life without all the whining and self-pity of many modern celebrities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been like that for as long as I can remember, so I don't think it's "put on" or insincere. It's just her way, and reading about her life I quite admire her. She just gets on with her life without all the whining and self-pity of many modern celebrities.

That as may be, she still grates on me though.;-)
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree. She comes across as a very warm person. Love her humour as well. Watching her in some of the documents she has done, she seems to fit in so naturally in her surroundings and with the people in general.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was an unintentionally/ ridiculously funny programme, totally unbelievable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually think Will isnt quite the ticket after seeing that. I really like the guy, but I do think there is a mild disorder of something
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate1 wrote: »
    I actually think Will isnt quite the ticket after seeing that. I really like the guy, but I do think there is a mild disorder of something

Kate, I agree. I started watching the programme and genuinely thought it was a p..s take,
    it was so totally mad, I thought it was a spoof programme.:D
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    greenyone wrote: »
    Has Will upset you in some way 😄

Being stuck in a room with a TV showing The Voice does that to you. I would happily have machine-gunned everyone involved with the show, but he was definitely the twattiest person there.
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of enjoyed it, because I had never seen a documentary on this lovely little funny and so talented chappy before, but the pairing of JL and WIAM was a bit disfunctional and fractuous, and seemed, well, a little pointless.

I really don't know why she was chosen to do this. Two minds and worlds that never, and will never meet.

Still, no harm. It was light hearted and all that.
    Has he left BEPs? Do they still exist? Scuse my ignorance. Love that group.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think it might be possible that Will.I.Am doesn't actually know what the word 'ghetto' means, and like some people uses it without thinking to sound cool?
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish it was Miriam Margoylis that did this. I thought Joanna was out of her depth and it was stale and I find her dull (sorry).
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    life ain't so easy.*When you're a ghetto child
  • Options
    frootysaladfrootysalad Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    life ain't so easy.*When you're a ghetto child

Lol, had forgotten about that song until now, now i can't stop humming it lol :D