Options

Do you keep back issues?

Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering if anyone on here keeps back issues of magazines and if so how you store them?

Comments

• Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thousands of them. Boxed up in the garage at the moment. I'm going to have to fight to hold onto them.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to, but I've had a few purges of old magazines. I've still got some boxed up at my parents' house, and probably could have sold some of those I ditched if I could be bothered, but found it quite liberating to get rid, and would have bottled out if I'd tried to sort them.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Private Eye. I just can not bear to part with them.:blush:

I have them in folders.

https://privateeye.subscribeonline.co.uk/Products/binders
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not most of them, but I do keep the back issues of the review journals I get - they're just piled up on a bookshelf.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I used to, but I've had a few purges of old magazines. I've still got some boxed up at my parents' house, and probably could have sold some of those I ditched if I could be bothered, but found it quite liberating to get rid, and would have bottled out if I'd tried to sort them.

I have a good few, but I had to sell some when they were taking up too much space.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »

Same here. I sometimes see magazines I chucked away going for about £5 on ebay and think "oh Drat!"

But like you said its liberating at the time you ditch them!

I still keep favourite issues of each magazine for nostalgia reasons.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I used to and they were all over the place.

Now I just tear out anything I feel I want to keep, then pop the rest in the recycling.